• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Holster suggestions for new Bersa Thunder 9 Ultra Compact Pro

michaeld1953

Have ordered a new Bersa Thunder 9 Ultra Compact Pro and am looking for IWB / OWB open carry leather holster, will probably get the IWB from Tommy Theis, and looking for OWB options, paddle belt style I like. I am hoping one of the Tagua 4 in 1 holsters will fit. I have heard Glock 19 holsters fit so thus I am looking for some suggestions and options from some of you Bersa owners. Look forward to hearing from you folks and getting to know some of you and share info.
Thanks,
Michael

Born American, Southern by the Grace of God

WalkingWolf

Welcome to OCDO!:)

Holsters can be as personal choice as type of gun, or caliber. Use the force(internet) to search what might fit your wants or needs. Then be prepared to buy several until you get the right one. I personally like to make my own.

michaeld1953

I am aware, thanks

Welcome to OCDO!:)

Holsters can be as personal choice as type of gun, or caliber. Use the force(internet) to search what might fit your wants or needs. Then be prepared to buy several until you get the right one. I personally like to make my own.

I am using the internet, thus the post. So far it has not let me down. Only once, and it fit the pistol but was not aware that it was made in China. I will not buy made in China crap and sent it back and they refunded me for the holster and paid the shipping. I am looking for holster suggestions from experience with the Bersa Thunder 9 Ultra Compact Pro.

WalkingWolf

I am using the internet, thus the post. So far it has not let me down. Only once, and it fit the pistol but was not aware that it was made in China. I will not buy made in China crap and sent it back and they refunded me for the holster and paid the shipping. I am looking for holster suggestions from experience with the Bersa Thunder 9 Ultra Compact Pro.

Well IMO any experience with a compact handgun will be similar, not just limited to that model. I personally like belt slide holsters for just running around even though they are considered conceal carry holsters. I carry anything from a small JA380, PA63, Star Super A, in that type holster, BUT that is me, not you. I don't think anybody can give you advice because they are not you, even if they have the same gun. I carry DA and SA revolvers in more traditional leather holsters. I have a couple duty holsters for my 1911.

A lot depends on the weather, if I need to wear a coat I wear a holster on a heavy belt that can be worn over the coat. If it is warm and sunny most likely I will be using a slide holster with usually the Star. I tend to like to carry full size weapons for OC, years ago when I was required to CC then I used the smaller guns. It has more to do with preference.

As far as China, do what you wish, if you really want to support US craftsman then have your holster made by a craftsman to your specifications. There is not enough bandwidth for me to list them here. I make most of my own, BUT I do not do it for anybody else, it would cost too much. Open your wallet wide for quality holsters, or learn to make your own.

Last edited:

michaeld1953

Well IMO any experience with a compact handgun will be similar, not just limited to that model. I personally like belt slide holsters for just running around even though they are considered conceal carry holsters. I carry anything from a small JA380, PA63, Star Super A, in that type holster, BUT that is me, not you. I don't think anybody can give you advice because they are not you, even if they have the same gun. I carry DA and SA revolvers in more traditional leather holsters. I have a couple duty holsters for my 1911.

A lot depends on the weather, if I need to wear a coat I wear a holster on a heavy belt that can be worn over the coat. If it is warm and sunny most likely I will be using a slide holster with usually the Star. I tend to like to carry full size weapons for OC, years ago when I was required to CC then I used the smaller guns. It has more to do with preference.

As far as China, do what you wish, if you really want to support US craftsman then have your holster made by a craftsman to your specifications. There is not enough bandwidth for me to list them here. I make most of my own, BUT I do not do it for anybody else, it would cost too much. Open your wallet wide for quality holsters, or learn to make your own.

I am interesated in what others have found for their Bersa Thunder 9 UC Pro, so I can look at what they found. I already have several holster makers working on the leather. The IWB will be Theis or N82Tactical. I am not looking for advice. Holsters for this weapon are not easy to find. That is all I am looking for, is what others have found. Thank you.

WalkingWolf

I am interesated in what others have found for their Bersa Thunder 9 UC Pro, so I can look at what they found. I already have several holster makers working on the leather. The IWB will be Theis or N82Tactical. I am not looking for advice. Holsters for this weapon are not easy to find. That is all I am looking for, is what others have found. Thank you.

Holsters for every make of gun are extremely easy to find~~it just takes casholla.

As an example cap and ball revolver holsters there are limited PRODUCTION choices. But one can spend literally hours online looking at offerings by custom leather makers. Though the prices are usually well over $100, and that does not include the cobblers, and tack craftsman that also make custom holster to order. The style of holster is LIMITLESS for ANY make of handgun.

Keep in mind this is a OC site, and many if not most of us carry full size handguns. Lately the smallest handgun I carry is a Colt Police Positive, and that is just around the house. When I am out in public I carry a full size Star, or a 1911, or on occasion two SA revolvers. All openly and all in custom made holsters. Did you have this much trouble making your choice of handgun?

Last edited:

michaeld1953

Holsters for every make of gun are extremely easy to find~~it just takes casholla.

As an example cap and ball revolver holsters there are limited PRODUCTION choices. But one can spend literally hours online looking at offerings by custom leather makers. Though the prices are usually well over $100, and that does not include the cobblers, and tack craftsman that also make custom holster to order. The style of holster is LIMITLESS for ANY make of handgun.

Keep in mind this is a OC site, and many if not most of us carry full size handguns. Lately the smallest handgun I carry is a Colt Police Positive, and that is just around the house. When I am out in public I carry a full size Star, or a 1911, or on occasion two SA revolvers. All openly and all in custom made holsters. Did you have this much trouble making your choice of handgun?

Thank you for your wonderful advice, I believe I can take it from here. I am definitly in the wrong forum. I did not realize that I was in the minority here when I joined. I also open carry and it was a simple question, no need for the lecture. I take my time when choosing a firearm. I made a simple question, was not asking for all of this crap. Don't bother responding. You were of no help. Good life to you.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Thank you for your wonderful advice, I believe I can take it from here. I am definitly in the wrong forum. I did not realize that I was in the minority here when I joined. I also open carry and it was a simple question, no need for the lecture. I take my time when choosing a firearm. I made a simple question, was not asking for all of this crap. Don't bother responding. You were of no help. Good life to you.
Sorry you consider it crap~~most of us hear try to be honest. You already made somebody else pay for your mistake by buying a cheap Chinese holster. Honestly it was cheap, where did you expect it to be made? From your defensive attitude would you also expect somebody else to pay for yet another mistake. I was not trying to be snarky, but apparently you have a chip on your shoulder. I try never to give advice on personal thangs such as religion, GF or BF or choice of a sidearm or holsters. I tend to try to point people where they can find what they want, not what is a personal preference.

Sorry I did not kiss your backside~~not really...

BTW there is a "What do you carry" thread here. There you will see and hear what people carry, and what holster they use. There is also a thread on leather holsters, and somewhere one on plastic holsters. But it takes a tad bit of effort to look for them. Also there are Bersa forums if you only want advice from Bersa owners. This site is open to all, and all are welcome even if we do not have Bersa firearms. One or the many rules of the internet is don't ask if you can't handle the answer.

Last edited:

michaeld1953

Sorry you consider it crap~~most of us hear try to be honest. You already made somebody else pay for your mistake by buying a cheap Chinese holster. Honestly it was cheap, where did you expect it to be made? From your defensive attitude would you also expect somebody else to pay for yet another mistake. I was not trying to be snarky, but apparently you have a chip on your shoulder. I try never to give advice on personal thangs such as religion, GF or BF or choice of a sidearm or holsters. I tend to try to point people where they can find what they want, not what is a personal preference.

Sorry I did not kiss your backside~~not really...

BTW there is a "What do you carry" thread here. There you will see and hear what people carry, and what holster they use. There is also a thread on leather holsters, and somewhere one on plastic holsters. But it takes a tad bit of effort to look for them. Also there are Bersa forums if you only want advice from Bersa owners. This site is open to all, and all are welcome even if we do not have Bersa firearms. One or the many rules of the internet is don't ask if you can't handle the answer.

This thread is hereby closed hoss. You are way off base. I won't justify anymore remarks. Yours do not deserve it and screw your rule cowboy. Your answers were way off the mark to my first question from the beginning and just to answer one part of this diatribe. I was told by numerous others that these holsters were made in the USA and it wasn't cheap. I did not make a mistake, thus you were judging all the way through your rambling and had no right and judging way too much and you were way out of line. So handle that. I am done with this thread. It has been of no benefit.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

You asked for advice, I gave it. You didn't like it, and bemoaned that you were looking for advice on a Bersa handgun. You need to grow a thicker skin, I was not trying to be insulting, but YOU WERE and still are. Stick around look and listen, get a feel for how we do things, if you can't handle honesty then "the door is thataway!"

michaeld1953

You asked for advice, I gave it. You didn't like it, and bemoaned that you were looking for advice on a Bersa handgun. You need to grow a thicker skin, I was not trying to be insulting, but YOU WERE and still are. Stick around look and listen, get a feel for how we do things, if you can't handle honesty then "the door is thataway!"

You have quite a high opinion of yourself don't you. Your so called advice was not what I was looking for. I think if you were to re read what you wrote you would see that it was insulting, you should take a look at that. Honesty is one thing being a complete ass is another. I will choose to take the door if and when I choose, just more of your non insulting charactor you have displayed. Now do yourself a favor. You don't like me and I absolutely don't like you. So how about you just drop it or are you one of these clowns that just has to get in the last word. I doubt you are the best example of the people on here but you certainly do it no justice. "How we do things?" What BS, it is a website on a computer there fellow. Grow a pair for goodness sake. Feel free to respond, It has become a laughing matter. But I won't respond to anymore of your rambling because that is the way we do things here. When you get tired of smelling the BS, you just quit sniffing. Goodbye there walkingwolf.:p

WalkingWolf

I don't care if my advice was not what you were looking for. Maybe in the future you should tell folks how you wish them to post, and then watch them make fun of you.

The only reason you deemed it as insulting because it was not what you wished to hear. You are the one who should get a grip on reality. Calm down, don't be overly sensitive, and you might actually enjoy the site. Act like a spoiled brat and you will get treated like a spoiled brat. We are adults here, you should try harder to be one.

You notice I did not cry that you called me a cowboy, not much of a insult even though that is what you were going for. Again you need to grow a thicker skin to be on the internet, and not perceive non agreement with your view as a insult.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
This thread is hereby closed hoss. You are way off base. I won't justify anymore remarks. Yours do not deserve it and screw your rule cowboy. Your answers were way off the mark to my first question from the beginning and just to answer one part of this diatribe. I was told by numerous others that these holsters were made in the USA and it wasn't cheap. I did not make a mistake, thus you were judging all the way through your rambling and had no right and judging way too much and you were way out of line. So handle that. I am done with this thread. It has been of no benefit.

Normally I welcome new posters - but I perceive an attitude that will not hold you well here. WalkingWolf gave you an opinion and some advice and you respond with unpleasantness. Suggest strongly that you reconsider your position.

BTW - you don't close threads, edit/delete posts, or interpret the rules here, that is reserved for moderators which you are obviously not.

76Olympian

Bersa Thunder Pro Ultra Compact IWB HOLSTER

I just recently purchased the Bersa Thunder Pro Ultra Compact and wanted the same holster that I bought for my Kimber Ultra Compact.

IMHOP there is no better IWB holster than the Offside IWB holster by Alabama Holster: http://www.alabamaholster.com/product/the-offside/

I bought and sent them a gun mold for the Bersa Ultra Compact and they made me the Offside holster for it. Now that they have the gun mold for the Bersa Ultra Compact, the can make any of their holsters for it, but you will have to call them and tell them that you want it made for the Bersa Thunder Pro Ultra Compact. It has not been added to their drop down list of 'makes' for their holsters... as of today.. We now have more choices for Bersa Thunder Pro Ultra Compact..!! Thank you Alabama Holster...

----------------------
Have ordered a new Bersa Thunder 9 Ultra Compact Pro and am looking for IWB / OWB open carry leather holster, will probably get the IWB from Tommy Theis, and looking for OWB options, paddle belt style I like. I am hoping one of the Tagua 4 in 1 holsters will fit. I have heard Glock 19 holsters fit so thus I am looking for some suggestions and options from some of you Bersa owners. Look forward to hearing from you folks and getting to know some of you and share info.
Thanks,
Michael

Born American, Southern by the Grace of God