Thread: Moms Demand Action attacking Staples

Moms Demand Action attacking Staples

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/moving-fo...thout-congress

Moms Demand Action checked off Starbucks as a win and is moving on to Staples.

They indicate this will continue with other companies.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    What does a caring, sensitive person feel when they are forced to use a handgun to stop a threat?

Recoil.

Yeah, well I still carry at Starbucks.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Last year there was some sort of contest promotion with Staples that excluded small business gun stores and other "inappropriate" business's. There was a huge flap over that. I emailed, called and posted on their FB page requesting the company position regarding carry in their stores. I was not even acknowledged. I then called their customer service line again and told them to cancel my rewards card and gave them the exact reason why. Again no comments or offer to resolve the situation.

I discontinued going to starbucks as they made it clear that we are unwanted and just tolerated for the money. I feel anyone still going there is just doing so to flaunt or doesn't care about where their money is going.
    Chuck Norris/Ted Nugent That's the ticket for 2016!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by We-the-People View Post
    Yeah, well I still carry at Starbucks.
    What if you carried another person who was carrying?

Could you then be charged with carrying?

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    What if you carried another person who was carrying?

Could you then be charged with carrying?

Carrying what?

Starbucks was clear. They will not refuse to serve an open carrier. They will not ask an open carrier to leave. They will not post their stores.

So if it's lawful to open carry, it's lawful to walk into Starbucks open carry.

The thugs with jugs (aka "moms") is a vocal minority (a very small one by the turnouts they've managed to muster) with a lot of talk out of a few people.
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post
    Last year there was some sort of contest promotion with Staples that excluded small business gun stores and other "inappropriate" business's. There was a huge flap over that. I emailed, called and posted on their FB page requesting the company position regarding carry in their stores. I was not even acknowledged. I then called their customer service line again and told them to cancel my rewards card and gave them the exact reason why. Again no comments or offer to resolve the situation.

I discontinued going to starbucks as they made it clear that we are unwanted and just tolerated for the money. I feel anyone still going there is just doing so to flaunt or doesn't care about where their money is going.
    In regards to starbucks, I don't fully agree. While corporate has made it clear what their stance is, plenty of people have asked the individual stores and multiple have said they are fine with it. While sure, SOME of the money goes to corporate, you're also supporting those at the local level who aren't against it. Now if the local store doesn't want you there, that's a different story imo.

Banned
    OK, folks, just admit it. You like Starbucks, and you don't dislike their dance-around-it anti-gun stance to stop giving them money. I'd have more respect for that position than the weasley rationalizations that keep getting posted.

Staples was started by Gov. Romney and Bain Capital. Starbucks was a start-up company that crushed hippy coffee houses. As usual, this is just another backdoor attack on successful capitalist business by a bunch of wackjobs. Guns are just an excuse, they'd whine about the whales and climate too.
    Last edited by KlubMarcus; 11-04-2013 at 10:34 AM.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KlubMarcus View Post
    Staples was started by Gov. Romney and Bain Capital. Starbucks was a start-up company that crushed hippy coffee houses. As usual, this is just another backdoor attack on successful capitalist business by a bunch of wackjobs. Guns are just an excuse, they'd whine about the whales and climate too.
    The owners of Pete's coffee were the original owners of Starbucks, Howard bought them out to expand it because they didn't want to, Howard also sold the Sonics under the excuse that "Seattle" would pay for a new stadium. He isn't a true capitalist because he wants to rely on tax payers to foot the bill for his team. He has sold his company with a certain image, it's a false one in my opinion.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Frankly, I haven't been to an office supply store since I got Amazon Prime.

Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Frankly, I haven't been to an office supply store since I got Amazon Prime. Just sayin'.
    And I haven't darkened the doors of a coffeehouse since college hippy days, and particularly since I learned to make coffee from 50 cents/ounce beans.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    OK, folks, just admit it. You like Starbucks, and you don't dislike their dance-around-it anti-gun stance to stop giving them money. I'd have more respect for that position than the weasley rationalizations that keep getting posted.
    Actually, I never stepped foot into a Starbucks until they said "we're not taking a side".

Now I'm going (occasionally) because they still haven't really picked a side but they leaned way over to try to appease the other side.

I don't really like their coffee....it's too damn hot to hold without getting ice cubes added and it's too damn expensive. But I buy it from time to time just to say (now) "pick a side of shut back up".
    Beretta92FSLady

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    And I haven't darkened the doors of a coffeehouse since college hippy days, and particularly since I learned to make coffee from 50 cents/ounce beans.
    Some of us find ourselves in our "college hippy days" (Senior, Magna Cum Laude looking good, hair 1/2 way down my back) at a point in our lives that makes us the "crazy old conservative dude" on campus. LOL
    Beretta92FSLady

As noted elsewhere, I was in St. Charles, Mo this weekend past. Among other things, I attended a graduation at which perhaps 3/4 of the graduates were "with honors", the president of the college led the graduates in howling dog "Woof woof!" after each address. I remember when a 1400 SAT was exceptional.

All that is to say ruefully, standards are changing and your MCL and $5 might buy a cuppa joe.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    Actually, I never stepped foot into a Starbucks until they said "we're not taking a side".

Now I'm going (occasionally) because they still haven't really picked a side but they leaned way over to try to appease the other side.

I don't really like their coffee....it's too damn hot to hold without getting ice cubes added and it's too damn expensive. But I buy it from time to time just to say (now) "pick a side of shut back up".
    They have very clearly asked us not to carry. That is taking a side.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    As noted elsewhere, I was in St. Charles, Mo this weekend past. Among other things, I attended a graduation at which perhaps 3/4 of the graduates were "with honors", the president of the college led the graduates in howling dog "Woof woof!" after each address. I remember when a 1400 SAT was exceptional.

All that is to say ruefully, standards are changing and your MCL and $5 might buy a cuppa joe.
    Damn....everyone knows.....grrrrrr

However, the President's and Dean's lists don't have more than 10% of the students included (that's 3.5 and higher) as that would be 600 students and they're not that big.

You have no idea how many times I've rolled my eyes and pounded my head into the desk when I read other students work. Sunday I was reading some group projects that I have to comment on and about blew a gasket when I saw Wikipedia cited. ARRRRGH This is a Senior / post graduate course and they cited Wikipedia. Yet they'll likely get a high mark.

Ask.com and yahoo answers also seem to remain popular into the senior year.
    Beretta92FSLady

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    They have very clearly asked us not to carry. That is taking a side.
    This has got to be the most boring drumbeat on planet earth at this point.

Banned

You are either WITH US of AGAINST US .... if you do not choose to state that you are with us, then you're against us.

You must belong to the "coffee is too damn high party!" . lol