• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moms Demand Action attacking Staples

carracer

Last year there was some sort of contest promotion with Staples that excluded small business gun stores and other "inappropriate" business's. There was a huge flap over that. I emailed, called and posted on their FB page requesting the company position regarding carry in their stores. I was not even acknowledged. I then called their customer service line again and told them to cancel my rewards card and gave them the exact reason why. Again no comments or offer to resolve the situation.

I discontinued going to starbucks as they made it clear that we are unwanted and just tolerated for the money. I feel anyone still going there is just doing so to flaunt or doesn't care about where their money is going.

We-the-People

What if you carried another person who was carrying?

Could you then be charged with carrying?

Carrying what?

Starbucks was clear. They will not refuse to serve an open carrier. They will not ask an open carrier to leave. They will not post their stores.

So if it's lawful to open carry, it's lawful to walk into Starbucks open carry.

The thugs with jugs (aka "moms") is a vocal minority (a very small one by the turnouts they've managed to muster) with a lot of talk out of a few people.

Aknazer

Last year there was some sort of contest promotion with Staples that excluded small business gun stores and other "inappropriate" business's. There was a huge flap over that. I emailed, called and posted on their FB page requesting the company position regarding carry in their stores. I was not even acknowledged. I then called their customer service line again and told them to cancel my rewards card and gave them the exact reason why. Again no comments or offer to resolve the situation.

I discontinued going to starbucks as they made it clear that we are unwanted and just tolerated for the money. I feel anyone still going there is just doing so to flaunt or doesn't care about where their money is going.

In regards to starbucks, I don't fully agree. While corporate has made it clear what their stance is, plenty of people have asked the individual stores and multiple have said they are fine with it. While sure, SOME of the money goes to corporate, you're also supporting those at the local level who aren't against it. Now if the local store doesn't want you there, that's a different story imo.

eye95

OK, folks, just admit it. You like Starbucks, and you don't dislike their dance-around-it anti-gun stance to stop giving them money. I'd have more respect for that position than the weasley rationalizations that keep getting posted.

KlubMarcus

Staples was started by Gov. Romney and Bain Capital. Starbucks was a start-up company that crushed hippy coffee houses. As usual, this is just another backdoor attack on successful capitalist business by a bunch of wackjobs. Guns are just an excuse, they'd whine about the whales and climate too.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Staples was started by Gov. Romney and Bain Capital. Starbucks was a start-up company that crushed hippy coffee houses. As usual, this is just another backdoor attack on successful capitalist business by a bunch of wackjobs. Guns are just an excuse, they'd whine about the whales and climate too.

The owners of Pete's coffee were the original owners of Starbucks, Howard bought them out to expand it because they didn't want to, Howard also sold the Sonics under the excuse that "Seattle" would pay for a new stadium. He isn't a true capitalist because he wants to rely on tax payers to foot the bill for his team. He has sold his company with a certain image, it's a false one in my opinion.

We-the-People

OK, folks, just admit it. You like Starbucks, and you don't dislike their dance-around-it anti-gun stance to stop giving them money. I'd have more respect for that position than the weasley rationalizations that keep getting posted.

Actually, I never stepped foot into a Starbucks until they said "we're not taking a side".

Now I'm going (occasionally) because they still haven't really picked a side but they leaned way over to try to appease the other side.

I don't really like their coffee....it's too damn hot to hold without getting ice cubes added and it's too damn expensive. But I buy it from time to time just to say (now) "pick a side of shut back up".

We-the-People

And I haven't darkened the doors of a coffeehouse since college hippy days, and particularly since I learned to make coffee from 50 cents/ounce beans.

Some of us find ourselves in our "college hippy days" (Senior, Magna Cum Laude looking good, hair 1/2 way down my back) at a point in our lives that makes us the "crazy old conservative dude" on campus. LOL

eye95

Actually, I never stepped foot into a Starbucks until they said "we're not taking a side".

Now I'm going (occasionally) because they still haven't really picked a side but they leaned way over to try to appease the other side.

I don't really like their coffee....it's too damn hot to hold without getting ice cubes added and it's too damn expensive. But I buy it from time to time just to say (now) "pick a side of shut back up".

They have very clearly asked us not to carry. That is taking a side.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

We-the-People

As noted elsewhere, I was in St. Charles, Mo this weekend past. Among other things, I attended a graduation at which perhaps 3/4 of the graduates were "with honors", the president of the college led the graduates in howling dog "Woof woof!" after each address. I remember when a 1400 SAT was exceptional.

All that is to say ruefully, standards are changing and your MCL and $5 might buy a cuppa joe.

Damn....everyone knows.....grrrrrr

However, the President's and Dean's lists don't have more than 10% of the students included (that's 3.5 and higher) as that would be 600 students and they're not that big.

You have no idea how many times I've rolled my eyes and pounded my head into the desk when I read other students work. Sunday I was reading some group projects that I have to comment on and about blew a gasket when I saw Wikipedia cited. ARRRRGH This is a Senior / post graduate course and they cited Wikipedia. Yet they'll likely get a high mark.

Ask.com and yahoo answers also seem to remain popular into the senior year.

davidmcbeth

Banned

You are either WITH US of AGAINST US .... if you do not choose to state that you are with us, then you're against us.

You must belong to the "coffee is too damn high party!" . lol