Thread: Shooting at LAX?

Shooting at LAX?

Must be a false rumor. I just heard there was a shooting in LAX?
    Chuck Norris/Ted Nugent That's the ticket for 2016!

Not a rumor. I know Fox News has it and some other news feeds to which I subscribe, to include the BBC.
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Watching the report on Fox.

Several hurt (unconfirmed number), 2 shot, happened at Terminal 3.

Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post
    Must be a false rumor. I just heard there was a shooting in LAX?
    It is California, how could this be?

Just confirmed Southwest and Central areas are on Tactical Alert, all others are on Modified.

Heard this via scanner.

I don't understand how this could happen.. Why did the shooter break the law? Gosh darn it, the law is the law. I'm almost positive that the shooting location was a GUN FREE ZONE. Why did this happen? I have always been told by authorities that laws are there to protect us and they are good laws.

Maybe the signs should be bigger, that's it make them bigger.

Or, maybe there should be a PA announcement stating that the airport is a gun free zone.

Hmm maybe it's time to ban airports, that will surely stop the killing in airports..

I think I have just come up with the solutions, maybe I should run for office!!!!
    “We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.” Ayn Rand

"free people ought...to be armed." In so doing we grasp the larger lesson that the ability to defend ourselves is part and parcel to our freedom. George Washington , January 7, 1790

And now will begin the push to arm TSA agents every where!
    Kentucky Open Carry Group
    http://opencarry.niceboards.org/

We all speak of liberty and freedom like we are the only ones that know the truth and the right path. But if we expect everyone to accept and follow our path and to accept our truth and want to force it upon them then that is no longer liberty or freedom. It is slavery. I believe in liberty for all. Regardless of their political views, religion, race, sex, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by KYKevin View Post
    And now will begin the push to arm TSA agents every where!
    Aren't they already? How else do they frisk you? (buh-dump!)

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Aren't they already? How else do they frisk you? (buh-dump!)
    +1 ya got me there. lol

We all speak of liberty and freedom like we are the only ones that know the truth and the right path. But if we expect everyone to accept and follow our path and to accept our truth and want to force it upon them then that is no longer liberty or freedom. It is slavery. I believe in liberty for all. Regardless of their political views, religion, race, sex, etc.

Saryan said he was "cowering in a corner" when the gunman came over and asked whether he was with the TSA, even though he was in street clothes.
    "He was calm. He was walking slowly," Saryan said. “He must have felt that he was in control, because he had his weapon and nobody else did at that time.”

Jeezus Really??? -- Ya Think??? ... and will be the same people who state that we don't need arms to protect ourselves. If there had been some armed citizens, he might have been stopped allot quicker... Sadly California has pretty well disarmed it's citizenry leaving a vast pool of Saryans to cower in various corners... what a freekin hero.

-------------------
    - My heart goes out to all you Californians fighting the good fight, and I hope you can all regain your 2nd Amendment rights in the future, keep pushing, keep voting, keep making your statement.
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Banned
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...t-threat-note/

The Associated Press that 23-year-old suspect Paul Ciancia is from New Jersey and was wearing fatigues and carrying a bag containing a hand-written note that said he “wanted to kill TSA and pigs.”

Well, someone did not like the TSA ... keep on spying and feeling people up, its not an unexpected result.

We'll see if he utilizes a insanity or similar defense.

Since the airport is already a gun-free zone, expect the expansion of the TSA's authority into an armed police force.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Quote Originally Posted by ConditionThree View Post
    Since the airport is already a gun-free zone, expect the expansion of the TSA's authority into an armed police force.
    You are probably right, expect another call for more gun control. I just don't see why the masses cannot see that GFZ's are dangerous.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    ... a bag containing a hand-written note that said he “wanted to kill TSA and pigs.”...
    Who carries a note with their intentions, whether they plan to survive or not?

Maybe he planned on not living through it, and wanted it to be clear for his legacy that he wasn't targeting randomly?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

So much for those exemptions to allow us to carry

Quote Originally Posted by ConditionThree View Post
    Never was able to get to grips with those open carry exemptions maybe Jerry Brown will allow legal citizens to carry using the exemptions in these gun free zones ....arm everyone in every state, arm the teachers, the TSA arm everybody who is legal to carry ....I still carry my rifles And handguns in my truck till that becomes illegal in California
    "There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."

- General George S. Patton, Jr.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Who carries a note with their intentions, whether they plan to survive or not?

Maybe he planned on not living through it, and wanted it to be clear for his legacy that he wasn't targeting randomly?
    He only shot a few folks .... could have done that with a shotgun or level action and likely got the same or better results.

A crazy person IMO ... likely a democrat. We'll see.

The note? Maybe his memory is not so good ...
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 11-02-2013 at 02:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    He only shot a few folks .... could have done that with a shotgun or level action and likely got the same or better results.

A crazy person IMO ... likely a democrat. We'll see.

The note? Maybe his memory is not so good ...
    Or maybe he didn't want news stations to make up what he was thinking for him if he died. This way every one knows.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KYKevin View Post
    Or maybe he didn't want news stations to make up what he was thinking for him if he died. This way every one knows.
    Yeah, like that note would not have been "lost" if the government wants it lost .. right?