• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC and concealed carry discount at The Pit in Reno

carzar252

so first off I want every one to know that I have been a lurker here on OC for quite a while. you all inspired me to start open carrying back in 05' and to get my ccw 2 years ago. I recently opened my own restaurant in reno about 3 months ago and have been offering an OC and ccw discount. as well as military law-enforcement and emergency personnel.

its only 10% but its my little way of promoting the cause so feel free to swing by and check us out, and bring your oc or show you ccw to the cashier for your discount and know that you are among friends who believe wholeheartedly In the constitution and the second amendment.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
so first off I want every one to know that I have been a lurker here on OC for quite a while. you all inspired me to start open carrying back in 05' and to get my ccw 2 years ago. I recently opened my own restaurant in reno about 3 months ago and have been offering an OC and ccw discount. as well as military law-enforcement and emergency personnel.

its only 10% but its my little way of promoting the cause so feel free to swing by and check us out, and bring your oc or show you ccw to the cashier for your discount and know that you are among friends who believe wholeheartedly In the constitution and the second amendment.

Very cool! Is that on 2900 Clear Acre Lane? I'll probably check it out soon.

Last edited:

SharpShootur

Dude, that's TOTALLY AWESOME! :shocker: Why wouldn't our fellow patriots take advantage of this? Unfortunately, I reside in Las Vegas. :( However, I will DEFINITELY keep you in mind the next time I come to Reno. What's the address to your restaurant? And don't forget to re-post your quote
(see above) in the "OC-How did it go? thread." There are SO many OCers in that part of the forum. I'm sure there is a number of them in the forum that are from the Reno area.

What I like most about your restaurant is that IT IS THE SAFEST PLACE IN RENO! :banana: No criminal in his right mind would ever dream of robbing the place. I can just imagine a couple of thieves running in to stick up the place only to be met with EVERY law abiding patron inside brandishing their firearms. Boy would they run!! :lol: I'm reminded by a part in the movie called, Tremors 4: The Legend Begins. The film is set in the time period of 1889.

During the film the character named Fu Yien Chang makes a very clever point. It is during the part where the character Hiram Gummer admits that he has no firearm and says it matter of factly to emphasize that he doesn't need one (nor is it ever needed in the first place). Ironically, he is in the Old West where ALL LAW ABIDING CITIZENS ARE ARMED! The remaining characters in the scene react in shock and then brandish their own firearms. Little Fu Yien brandishes his slingshot (he's just a boy about ten years old). One character tells Mr. Gummer that "this is the wild west." Then Fu Yien says, "YOU SEE A BAD GUY, YOU GOTTA SMOKE HIM UP!" If only certain people would realize how true this statement is. We're talking about a period in time where crime was almost non-existent. Why? Because "the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun."-Quote from the NRA.

FallonJeeper

I will definitely be stopping by. When I do, I often, but not always, bring a huge crew of 8 or more. Last time we got together, there were 14 of us. All adults were OC. What's on the menu?

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
This is a long shot, but when I see food like that, I think of the show on the Food Network called Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. I don't have TV, but saw it at a friends house a few times while it was on. I wonder what the possibility is of getting on that show. The food is his typical fare, and having an entire room full of OC patrons might make for a very cool segment on the show. Might be worth pitching to them.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/diners-drive-ins-and-dives/index.html

Last edited:

carzar252

I want to thank every one for all the love on this post. I have been seeing more open carriers in the restaurant and I hope that continues. I love the Idea of diners drive ins and dives coming here with a planed open carry event. the only thing about getting them in here is it takes a bunch of viewer recommendation.

thanks again

cory

ps. Im looking for ideas for a sign to put in the window to promote our pro gun atmosphere without being too over the top...

carzar252

I came today and met Cory.

Good food, and welcoming atmosphere. I will come back again.

thanks for coming down maximus. you and your parents were a joy to chat with. I love talking to like minded people on the subject of open carry and the 2nd in general. also if you could pm me the info on your ccw classes and cost im looking to put my wife through the course.

thanks

cory

tate

very nice people great food.. if your in reno its a must go to place. support the people that support the 2a

chrsjhnsn

Where is this place? It sounds like worth checking out.

I have not been online much recently - plus my glock is in the pawn shop due to financial difficulty.
However I absolutely will be eating at this place soon-I mostly cook my own food but in this case will make an exception