Thread: Another judge knocks out abortion insurance mandate of obamalamacar

Banned

Another judge knocks out abortion insurance mandate of obamalamacar

Writing for the majority, Judge Janice Rogers Brown wrote that the mandate "trammels the right of free exercise_a right that lies at the core of our constitutional liberties_as protected by the Religious Freedom Restoration Act."

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...eptive-mandate

Those pesky constitutional rights keep getting in his way.

Wonderful. Now that the state is entangled in healthcare it follows that one can't get insurance coverage for anything controversial due to separation of church and state.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Brace View Post
    Wonderful. Now that the state is entangled in healthcare it follows that one can't get insurance coverage for anything controversial due to separation of church and state.
    I don't see how the state can force a Catholic to put $$ into a fund to pay for abortions ...

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I don't see how the state can force a Catholic to put $$ into a fund to pay for abortions ...
    It can already force people to pay into the system for healthcare in general. As a consequence of that, people have less money to spend on "non-essential" procedures (ie, those that will not be covered under Obamacare for these sorts of political reasons). This is nonsense. The situation isn't just that the State is forcing Catholics to fund abortions but that in its failure to do so it is destroying the ability of individual citizens to get them. The Affordable Care Act is nominally supposed to take over for the functions the market is no longer able to provide due to the market distortions created by the Affordable Care Act. Now we have the market distortions but not the healthcare they were supposed to buy. So it's not just a question of the rights of the religious but of a system which has artificially put two different rights into conflict and solved this self-created problem by preferentially choosing one group over another, by necessity at the expense of human life and quality of life to some degree of another.
    Last edited by Brace; 11-02-2013 at 05:52 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Brace View Post
    It can already force people to pay into the system for healthcare in general. As a consequence of that, people have less money to spend on "non-essential" procedures (ie, those that will not be covered under Obamacare for these sorts of political reasons). This is nonsense. The situation isn't just that the State is forcing Catholics to fund abortions but that in its failure to do so it is destroying the ability of individual citizens to get them. The Affordable Care Act is nominally supposed to take over for the functions the market is no longer able to provide due to the market distortions created by the Affordable Care Act. Now we have the market distortions but not the healthcare they were supposed to buy. So it's not just a question of the rights of the religious but of a system which has artificially put two different rights into conflict and solved this self-created problem by preferentially choosing one group over another, by necessity at the expense of human life and quality of life to some degree of another.
    I agree .. its BS

What I find funny is that dems try to play that they are "the party of choice" yet they seem to be the party removing choice at every chance.

Why is my "old" policy substandard because I didn't have free mammograms? If I want a policy that is for catastrophic situations WTF does the government care?

This is yet another nail in the free market and I am glad to see courts knocking some of this crap out.