Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: ccl class needed??

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    28

    ccl class needed??

    Hey all,
    I looked all over and couldn`t find the answer I needed.
    I was told that if I had a hunter education card that covers gun safety I wouldn`t need to take a ccl class when I got to the sheriffs office to apply for a ccl.
    Anyone know if this is true ??

  2. #2
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Scappoose, Oregon, USA
    Posts
    394
    According to ORS 166.291,

    (f) Demonstrates competence with a handgun by any one of the following:

    (A) Completion of any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the State Department of Fish and Wildlife or a similar agency of another state if handgun safety was a component of the course;

    https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/bi...011ors166.html


    Looks like you would need to prove that 'handgun safety' was part of the course.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Spokane Washington
    Posts
    285
    Or just move to washington, where the state assumes you are a responsible adult and no classes are needed, and where this state preemption works

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Beaverton, OR
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by MattinWA View Post
    Or just move to washington, where the state assumes you are a responsible adult ...
    Responsible enough even to pump your own gas!

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Spokane Washington
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    Responsible enough even to pump your own gas!
    Dont get me started on that. Lol
    Last edited by MattinWA; 11-06-2013 at 05:35 PM.

  6. #6
    Regular Member ScottFree's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Salem, Or
    Posts
    50
    I have personally seen this state vote against pumping your own gas 3 times now. It may be more, I lived out of state for 20 or so years. To this day it aggravates the snot out of me to have to let someone do the simplest of tasks for me.

    Sorry, we kinda got off track...

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Spokane Washington
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottFree View Post
    I have personally seen this state vote against pumping your own gas 3 times now. It may be more, I lived out of state for 20 or so years. To this day it aggravates the snot out of me to have to let someone do the simplest of tasks for me.

    Sorry, we kinda got off track...
    ...especially when they are not in the same hurry you are... and you sit... and sit... and watch the pump... and sit some more. Then they wanna clean your window and get a tip... lmao @ minimum wage, you get what u pay for.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Gresham Oregon
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by MattinWA View Post
    ...especially when they are not in the same hurry you are... and you sit... and sit... and watch the pump... and sit some more. Then they wanna clean your window and get a tip... lmao @ minimum wage, you get what u pay for.
    I'm the only one you will never have to wait for. I don't get how gas pumpers (and most people period) can be so lazy. I run my ass off (literally, I've lost a lot of weight working there) all day long when I'm doing the pumps at the station I work at. It may be a **** job, but I put 110 into any job I do. However, I do mostly agree that it's stupid to have someone else pump your gas here. It does, however, give people jobs in a state that desperately needs as many jobs as it can get.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Spokane Washington
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyA View Post
    I'm the only one you will never have to wait for. I don't get how gas pumpers (and most people period) can be so lazy. I run my ass off (literally, I've lost a lot of weight working there) all day long when I'm doing the pumps at the station I work at. It may be a **** job, but I put 110 into any job I do. However, I do mostly agree that it's stupid to have someone else pump your gas here. It does, however, give people jobs in a state that desperately needs as many jobs as it can get.
    Cant argue with that... good for you.
    Lol I got a visual image in my head of an open carrier running around with his pistol, trying to jam gas nozzles into cars before the owner can even put em in park.

    My current job is less then great, but good jobs come and go (in construction/maintenance)

    In the last few years made as much as $30 ($60 hour on sundays), on a separate job after made as little as $14, as a leadman :P
    Last edited by MattinWA; 11-07-2013 at 10:17 AM.

  10. #10
    Regular Member Cremator75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon, USA
    Posts
    393
    When I was a Petroleum Distribution Engineer (gas station attendant) I only made $9 an hour. However if I was ever in need of work I would not hesitate to do it again. The shift always flew by fast when you were busy.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Spokane Washington
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by Cremator75 View Post
    When I was a Petroleum Distribution Engineer (gas station attendant) I only made $9 an hour. However if I was ever in need of work I would not hesitate to do it again. The shift always flew by fast when you were busy.
    And you can yell at those damn impatient washintonians who get a lil grabby hands syndrome (also known as GHS)

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Beaverton, OR
    Posts
    63
    Don't forget IOS (Ignorant Oregonian Syndrome), it's not just for your phone. You can easily spot it by looking for a car having Oregon plates in Washington or Idaho and the driver is staring helplessly at the gas pump like it is the final question in Jeopardy.

  13. #13
    Regular Member nilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    all bunny, Ory-gun
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave H. View Post
    Hey all,
    I looked all over and couldn`t find the answer I needed.
    I was told that if I had a hunter education card that covers gun safety I wouldn`t need to take a ccl class when I got to the sheriffs office to apply for a ccl.
    Anyone know if this is true ??
    it might depend on your county/sheriff.
    to prove my competency; i used my DD214, which does not mention small arms qualification (as it says it needs to on the linn county website)

    but then the linn county office lady told me that they wound't take a rental agreement as proof of residence, even tho its an option on their CHL form and acceptable proof of residence under ORS.
    so i took the rental agreement to the DMV and used it to prove residency and obtain a Oregon DL, then went back to the court house with the DL as proof.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •