• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ut denial board

davidmcbeth

Banned
Summary court martial does not have any effect on your record and is treated as a non judicial punishment only more severe

Special Court Martial means you are being tried for a misdemeanor offense.

General Court Martial is for those who have committed a felony offense.

I hope you do better research before posting your ignorance online.

So what's the plan, Stan?

Mr Birdman

court martial

Summary court martial does not have any effect on your record and is treated as a non judicial punishment only more severe

Special Court Martial means you are being tried for a misdemeanor offense.

General Court Martial is for those who have committed a felony offense.

I hope you do better research before posting your ignorance online.

I only new 2 people who were court martial-ed when I was in the Army and they were both stripped of all rank locked up and dishonorably discharged. One stole a car and the other beat up his room mate. Since he had been in 2 prior fights they court martial-ed
him and threw him out. I saw several get art-15 for fighting. Never got in trouble just did my job. I am surprised that he got to stay in after getting a court martial.

devildogdiesel0311

I only new 2 people who were court martial-ed when I was in the Army and they were both stripped of all rank locked up and dishonorably discharged. One stole a car and the other beat up his room mate. Since he had been in 2 prior fights they court martial-ed
him and threw him out. I saw several get art-15 for fighting. Never got in trouble just did my job. I am surprised that he got to stay in after getting a court martial.

Court Martials are a lot more prevalent now a days and probably were when you were in as well, you just didn't take time to assess your surroundings. That's why there are 3 tiers of CM process. Is it common for a Marine to retained after a court martial? No. However a lot of Marines i know who have been CM who are below E6 get out with General Under Honorable conditions. Again every situation is different, in my case my record of service was clean and my judge passed his judgement to what he thought fit the crime. Your record of service does come into play just like a civilian court where your prior offenses are brought up to show that you are a repeat offender.

Court Martialing service members is also becoming more common due to the fact that the armed forces are drawing down to pre 9/11 man power. So instead of paying out disability and/or G.I. bill benefits if you can Summary or Special Court Martial a Marine and fast track him out of the service and owe him nothing, well its a win for the man and a loss for the service member. And its not that uncommon at all.

Also as a side story maybe it was because you were army, my old Gunny who retired about 3 years ago. He had 3 summary court martials and 6 njps on his record got out as a gunny 22 years of active service. It happens more thank you think

So again please research or ask before posting ignorant comments online. Semper Gumbi.

Maverick9

Wow, great thread. I'm not impressed easily, :)

OP, I have one question. Do you have/still have 'anger management issues'. For example, road rage, yelling at wife or kid, striking wife or kid (ever), brow beating loved ones, flipping people off in traffic, denying a merge in traffic, mean mugging, slamming doors in anger, punching walls, doors in anger?

You had multiple counts of things which sound like temper tantrums is why I ask. If you did those things in cold blood, that's another issue.

You can PM me your answer if you wish. I'm trying to be helpful. :)

TIA

devildogdiesel0311

Wow, great thread. I'm not impressed easily, :)

OP, I have one question. Do you have/still have 'anger management issues'. For example, road rage, yelling at wife or kid, striking wife or kid (ever), brow beating loved ones, flipping people off in traffic, denying a merge in traffic, mean mugging, slamming doors in anger, punching walls, doors in anger?

You had multiple counts of things which sound like temper tantrums is why I ask. If you did those things in cold blood, that's another issue.

You can PM me your answer if you wish. I'm trying to be helpful. :)

TIA

When you get angry do you say passive aggressive things in a whispering tone? Or just slap post it notes full of angry words all over your home and office?