• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry fremont/lvs

Turbod'1

Hello everyone...SharpShootur here!

This guy again?! :banghead:

LOL! :lol: (My customary greeting just for you Turbod'1) I've been sorting things at work, please excuse my absence. I just signed on today and noticed this tread. I thought "hey this sounds fantastic!" Read the thread and found my name being dropped on a WAY COOL idea! DTOM (i.e. Don't Tread On Me) has alluded to an open carry event. In fact, he has also invited DocRed. Since this is such an auspicious occasion and that open carry on The Strip/Freemont Street Experience is long overdue, I'm game!

How did I miss this thread?

No matter, evil nemesis of mine, I shall be there and I should hope for some mean mugging and circle strafing and what not --2013: people like drama 'n stuff, yes?

After that, I still maintain 'dibs' on any hotties.

SharpShootur

Hello everyone! Just a reminder that tonight is Open Carry night! :banana: The event will be at 5:00 p.m. Please meet at the El Cortez on the corner of 6th St. and Ogden (Where the Subway restaurant is located). Looking forward to seeing everyone tonight! :D

NoLegs

...and we also had mediocre food at the Heart Attack Grill, a private business that had no problem with us whatsoever...

This raises a question for me. When eating at HAG isn't it required to wear the hospital gown? Without a CCW are you (in general) breaking the law by covering your OC?

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
It was easy enough to drape the gown around the firearm for most of us, because yes, technically it would be a violation there or at a barber shop to be wearing a gown or cape that concealed the firearm.

If I was getting a haircut while OC, though, I wouldn't worry about it, but I will not say you should not worry about it. We do tend to have common sense enforcement of this very old and vague law, though.