• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Reluctantly Getting My CCW Permit

Brent Hartman

Why are pro-pot (Gallup) polls more credible than anti-gun polls by the same organs?

Why is it so hard to believe that people are fed up with the police/nanny state? We've spent over a trillion dollars on the war on drugs, and all we have to show for it is less liberty and more prisoners. When prohibitionist do things like in the following article, legalization of marijuana seems more than reasonable.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S3209305.shtml?cat=500

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I'm somewhat perplexed on how some people on this forum continue to assert that I was playing a "victim", or showing "dissatisfaction" with the Missouri law. Neither of those things were present in my OP.

I'm frankly more concerned with the reading comprehension I've recently witnessed than some irrelevant law in Missouri.

I thought I was fairly clear in my comments on how you were playing victim via the choice of words you used describing.

Perhaps instead of concerning yourself with my reading comprehension you should evaluate the impact your narcotic usage may have had on your ability to effectively communicate the point you desire to drive.

I am not sure now that you have opted to shift gears and twist the thread into a weed legalization discussion that you ever had any comprehensible point at all and am ready to dismiss the entire thing as one major whine.

Beyond that, your activism for weed serves no purpose for me, I could care less if you opt to smoke it 24-7 and I do not think I should have to pay for you to be in jail or otherwise harassed by the government for making that choice. It does not mean I think it is a GOOD choice, it just means I consider it none of my business and certainly none of the government's business.

Perhaps if you had opted not to try and soften every aspect of your original post and had said "years ago I plead guilty to the use of illegal narcotics in exchange for an SIS and i think it is stupid that it prevents me from obtaining a MO CCW years later" you would have found far more "reading comprehension" because without any doubt that is exactly what happened and is what you are whining about.

If you were nearly as serious as you imply you are about seeking changes in the laws surrounding weed, you would NOT be here. It is a well known fact that Missouri has some of if not the absolute toughest laws on weed. Regardless of ones position on the subject, you are indeed not in a location you should be expecting a great deal of progress at all. To those who disagree it is a huge issue, and to those of us who you could say agree, it remains so unimportant that while supportive of the position, we have much much more important things to worry about instead of whether you get to fire up a doobie without a care in the world.

And that sir is just how it is, want me to demonstrate compassion and caring? *sniff* there ya go, now move along and lets stick with open carry rights instead.

Last edited:

Brent Hartman

I thought I was fairly clear in my comments on how you were playing victim via the choice of words you used describing.

Perhaps instead of concerning yourself with my reading comprehension you should evaluate the impact your narcotic usage may have had on your ability to effectively communicate the point you desire to drive.

I am not sure now that you have opted to shift gears and twist the thread into a weed legalization discussion that you ever had any comprehensible point at all and am ready to dismiss the entire thing as one major whine.

Beyond that, your activism for weed serves no purpose for me, I could care less if you opt to smoke it 24-7 and I do not think I should have to pay for you to be in jail or otherwise harassed by the government for making that choice. It does not mean I think it is a GOOD choice, it just means I consider it none of my business and certainly none of the government's business.

Perhaps if you had opted not to try and soften every aspect of your original post and had said "years ago I plead guilty to the use of illegal narcotics in exchange for an SIS and i think it is stupid that it prevents me from obtaining a MO CCW years later" you would have found far more "reading comprehension" because without any doubt that is exactly what happened and is what you are whining about.

If you were nearly as serious as you imply you are about seeking changes in the laws surrounding weed, you would NOT be here. It is a well known fact that Missouri has some of if not the absolute toughest laws on weed. Regardless of ones position on the subject, you are indeed not in a location you should be expecting a great deal of progress at all. To those who disagree it is a huge issue, and to those of us who you could say agree, it remains so unimportant that while supportive of the position, we have much much more important things to worry about instead of whether you get to fire up a doobie without a care in the world.

And that sir is just how it is, want me to demonstrate compassion and caring? *sniff* there ya go, now move along and lets stick with open carry rights instead.

One thing I love about having discusions in forums like this is that there is a record of everything that was said. I'm confident that a fair minded and intelligent person who reads through this thread will see your post for what they are. :)

OC for ME

Since I first started carrying 5 years ago, .....
I have read every word. I even posted a link to the RSMo so that you could review, if you wanted to, and recommended that you give it a shot, ya never know. The state of Missouri is a OC state and I have yet to run into a cop who hassles a fella for OC. A few folks have been hassled but not many.

I do avoid those political subdivisions that exercise their option to ban OC. Heck, my little town requires a endorsement to OC and I have yet to be stopped by a cop and asked for it. Even Foristell cops don't ask.....well, one did ask at the Mr. Fuel, I said yep and he said OK, that was it.

If you could care less about Missouri prohibiting you from carrying concealed because you will get or have gotten a AZ CCW permit why post the OP.

Anyway, if we get OC with a CCW next session you will be good to go regardless of where you travel.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Brent won't have time to get his permit, he is going to be making 15-20 trips to Jeff City so he can show the mean people how it is done.

Shoot, you pull off a full exemption I will join ya in a nice fat hooter and we can sing Kumbya and giggle way into the night!

Brent Hartman

If you could care less about Missouri prohibiting you from carrying concealed because you will get or have gotten a AZ CCW permit why post the OP.

Didn't I address this already?

"It [the OP] was about me somewhat compromising my dedication to open carry, and the circumstances and reasoning as to why I did so."

If you go back and read the OP, you'll see that my reasoning for getting a concealed carry permit is that sometimes clothing requirements made open carry difficult, and the open carry laws in Missouri make it way more difficult. Especially when your business requires you to travel. When I lived in Arizona and Kentucky, I just dealt with the clothing issue, as it was pretty easy to deal with, but now that I live in a state that is not open carry friendly, I've finally broken down and decided to get a concealed carry permit.

Do I think that restating what I wrote in the OP will help some of your comprehend any better? Nope, but I'm willing to try.

Brent Hartman

Brent won't have time to get his permit, he is going to be making 15-20 trips to Jeff City so he can show the mean people how it is done.

Shoot, you pull off a full exemption I will join ya in a nice fat hooter and we can sing Kumbya and giggle way into the night!

Here's a video I took of one of the numerous trips I made to the Kentucky Capital. The scumbag Darryl Owens was blocking one of our bills in committee. Our group had about 150 people at the capital that day, and with the coalitions we made with various tea party and 2nd Amendment groups, we had well over 200.

When Owens saw that we completely filled up the committee room, and people were spilling out into the hallway, the coward cancelled the hearing for that day. That's when some of us hunted the coward down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGnKja9SIrY

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
your a fuktard.

Got back to KY.

LOl some may agree, others may not, but note personal attacks are not allowed on this board. While I love the right to free speech, the agreement here is a code of conduct one agrees to upon entry.

May I suggest you consider editing your post prior to a mod having to do so, grapeshot is a pretty good guy, but despises having to regulate the behavior of others instead of participating in the board system.

The choice is yours, it is just a heads up, and while I disagree with Mr. Hartman on many levels, I do not share your disdain for him, just see his position as an alternative one that seems quite misinformed to the hazards of MO politics.

Peace

JustaShooter

You presume it is a ad hominem attack. larueman simply called you a "bad name" and let it go at that.....simplifies the conversation a great deal.

Indeed, what he did in calling Brent a "bad name" is arguably worse than an ad hominem attack - in fact, Paul Graham's Hierarchy of Disagreement lists name calling as the absolute worst type of argument in a disagreement.