• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Its 2014 action time!!!

mspgunner

The below has appeared Nov. 3rd in the “St. Joseph Post:

“The Majority Leader of the Missouri Senate says a new version of the Second Amendment Preservation Act will get fast action by lawmakers. Ron Richard says it will be the first bill to committee, the first bill handled in the Senate, and it will go to the House as quickly as possible for action. He says if the Governor does veto it again, the legislature will try to override during the regular session.

Richard and Senate President Pro Tem Tom Dempsey broke with other Republicans and supported Governor Nixon’s veto of the first version of the bill. He promised to come up with a new version, one less likely to be ruled unconstitutional.

The new bill would not subject federal authorities to state charges for trying to enfore certain federal gun control laws. It also eliminates a provision that could have led to charges against journalists for publishing the names of gun owners.

The House sponsor of the vetoed bill says the new version preserves the main purpose of his measure, and makes it more likely to survive a court test.”

Now is the time for 2nd Amendment supporters to act!

Below is an example of a letter/Email I am hoping we can thousands to send to Senator Richard. (It will be posted other places... feel free to repost!)

The Honorable Senator Ron Richard
201 W. Capitol Ave. Rm. 321
Jefferson City, Mo. 65101
Email (Especially if you live in his District) http://www.senate.mo.gov/13info/SenateRoster.htm
Phone:(573) 751-2173

Dear Senator Richard,
I have read you’re your revised Second Amendment Preservation Act for 2014. The revision certainly removes the “concerns” expressed by the Governor as well as the State Attorney General.

There are only 6 words missing from the draft bill “THIS BILL CONTAINS AN EMERGENCY CLAUSE”. Freedom, rights, liberty and the restoration of Art.1 Sec.23 for the people of Missouri should not be denied nor delayed for an entire year due to the issues of the 2013 Second Amendment Preservation Act.

Sincerely,

(Include your name and address!)

Last edited by a moderator:

mspgunner

When do the games begin?

Jan. 8th is the start of the Missouri legislative session for 2014. Except for a reason not to go I intend to be there for opening day. It has been made public the Second Amendment Preservation Act will be introduced day one!
We'll see?
A hearing is anticipated to come about soon, an early committee hearing is desirable, I'll be there too.... I hope.
I have a couple of things on my mind about this.
Rights delayed are right denied.....

mspgunner

As they promised, the two senators who thwarted the veto override of the Second Amendment Preservation Act have posted a draft of a "corrected" bill.

For links to the draft and our evaluation... See:
http://www.mofirst.org/

for a clause by clause evaluation of the Second Amendment Preservation Act portion of the bill.

Bottom line: They made some good improvements, but took out all the accountability provisions. Note that this draft is a work in progress and Sens. Dempsey and Richard are open to input.
Missouri First
www.mofirst.org
State Sovereignty

OC for ME

When it does come out of the pile will there be time to review and provide constructive feedback on a fast tracked bill? Or, will we have to pass it to know what's in it.

mspgunner

When it does come out of the pile will there be time to review and provide constructive feedback on a fast tracked bill? Or, will we have to pass it to know what's in it.

See the attachment for the draft version. Once Senator Richrd is looking for input from anyone. You ca email hs office through the Missouri Senate page. Once introduced read in the Senate change will be very difficult. There is a lot of input going to his office!!!!

Attachments

• 2a Preservation act text revision.pdf
    122.8 KB · Views: 161

kcgunfan

See the attachment for the draft version. Once Senator Richrd is looking for input from anyone. You ca email hs office through the Missouri Senate page. Once introduced read in the Senate change will be very difficult. There is a lot of input going to his office!!!!

Where does he stand on the emergency clause? Is it better to go directly through him or through our own Senator?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4