Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NBC 12 tonight at 11pm - Pistol Packing Moms

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

NBC 12 tonight at 11pm - Pistol Packing Moms

My company, Proactive Shooters was asked to participate in a special tv news report a few months ago. It airs tonight at 11pm. Watch tonight for an NBC special on Pistol Packing Moms, with OCDO's own ClumsyCandy and me.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Most of the moms I know aren't completely irrational, as are the Mad Moms who occupy so much news time. It's about time the media stopped portraying moms in a biased, sexist light as rationally inferior.
    Last edited by marshaul; 11-04-2013 at 03:09 PM.

But will the camera capture her good side?

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    But will the camera capture her good side?

stay safe.
    And how will they end it?

Jim,

Will you please, please teach her to lock her arms out in an isocoles, or use either a Weaver or Chapman stance instead of that half-chicken wing that gives the stereotypical recoil halfway to her forehead. And work on her flinch, OK? It was just painful to watch.

Having gotten the nit-picking out of the way, my overall impression of the piece they aired was positive. Okra and BBQ as your reward - just let me know when you are ready to collect.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Jim,

Will you please, please teach her to lock her arms out in an isocoles, or use either a Weaver or Chapman stance instead of that half-chicken wing that gives the stereotypical recoil halfway to her forehead. And work on her flinch, OK? It was just painful to watch.
    There's a specific reason why that stance was used. We normally teach a "crouched isosceles" stance for defensive shooting.

Having gotten the nit-picking out of the way, my overall impression of the piece they aired was positive. Okra and BBQ as your reward - just let me know when you are ready to collect.

stay safe.
    I think the piece was well done, and the ladies were fantastic.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Glock Certified Armorer

If/when possible, could a link to the story be posted?

We desert people wanna see!
    Last edited by b0neZ; 11-05-2013 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by b0neZ View Post
    If/when possible, could a link to the story be posted?

We desert people wanna see!
    http://www.nbc12.com/story/23874589/...uns-since-2005
    James Reynolds

Glock Certified Armorer

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ProShooter View Post
    There's a specific reason why that stance was used. We normally teach a "crouched isosceles" stance for defensive shooting.
    Are you at liberty to share what that reason might be?

Because, seeing nothing but what's in that video, the poor recoil management of her grip stands out to me immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post

Because, seeing nothing but what's in that video, the poor recoil management of her grip stands out to me immediately.
    Physical problems if my guess is right.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Physical problems if my guess is right.
    No disrespect to ProShooter, but if that's the case she might be well-served seeing a physiologist/sports rehab type person to see if she can find a way around that that improves her recoil management.

Also, no disrespect to CC - she's out there shooting, which is 100% better than being out there not shooting.

stay safe.

----Allahpundit

No disrespect to ProShooter, but if that's the case she might be well-served seeing a physiologist/sports rehab type person to see if she can find a way around that that improves her recoil management.

stay safe.
    I'm pretty sure she's still recovering from an accident but you're right, she is sweeping the moon.
    She has the same wrist action as the Fairfax PD

with all due respect

I'm pretty sure she's still recovering from an accident but you're right, she is sweeping the moon.
    She has the same wrist action as the Fairfax PD
    I must disagree with you PN. Her form is by far superior to Fairfax PD's.

Quote Originally Posted by va_tazdad View Post
    I must disagree with you PN. Her form is by far superior to Fairfax PD's.
    I bow to your knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post

I am not going to discuss anyone's personal info here. If she chooses to come on here and explain why she chose that grip, stance, etc, then so be it.

I will tell you that every shot she fired hit center mass, in a nice 5 inch group. She hit what she was aiming at.
    James Reynolds

Glock Certified Armorer

Now THAT kind of

Quote Originally Posted by ProShooter View Post
    I am not going to discuss anyone's personal info here. If she chooses to come on here and explain why she chose that grip, stance, etc, then so be it.

I will tell you that every shot she fired hit center mass, in a nice 5 inch group. She hit what she was aiming at.
    Gun Control I approve of! What ever works for her.

Thanks PS. : ) PeterNap is right. I had wrist surgery in February and had not shot since then on the advice of my surgeon. As to my stance, because of the metal rod in my leg I have to stand how is comfortable. And considering I hadn't shot in close to a year, I did a lot better than I thought I would. I was trying not to hurt my wrist again as I'd rather not have surgery again.

Thanks again for asking me to come out. I look at it this way, if the ONLY thing people can find out of the WHOLE video to complain about was my form, then I did a damn good job.

Quote Originally Posted by ClumsyCandy View Post
    Thanks PS. : ) PeterNap is right. I had wrist surgery in February and had not shot since then on the advice of my surgeon. As to my stance, because of the metal rod in my leg I have to stand how is comfortable. And considering I hadn't shot in close to a year, I did a lot better than I thought I would. I was trying not to hurt my wrist again as I'd rather not have surgery again.

Thanks again for asking me to come out. I look at it this way, if the ONLY thing people can find out of the WHOLE video to complain about was my form, then I did a damn good job.
    They didn't end it correctly Candy!

They didn't end it correctly Candy!
    They don't have your eye Nap!

When all is said and done…,

and the dust has settled, the ONLY point that will matter is if you were able to place enough effective shots on target in time enough to prevent the target from doing the same thing to you.

Candy's post also makes clear that even folks with special needs should not have their rights infringed upon, much less their right to self defense.

Mission accomplished Candy, Jim. Thank You.

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

Quote Originally Posted by sidestreet View Post
    and the dust has settled, the ONLY point that will matter is if you were able to place enough effective shots on target in time enough to prevent the target from doing the same thing to you.

Candy's post also makes clear that even folks with special needs should not have their rights infringed upon, much less their right to self defense.

Mission accomplished Candy, Jim. Thank You.

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.
    Thanks SS! I enjoyed doing it (aside from the whole trying not to cry part) and I was about 99% pleased with it. Aside from the fact that I started shooting a few years BEFORE i met my husband but whatever LOL

Very well said!

That's always been clear. In some ways, those at a disadvantage really need a strong right the most.

Thanks SS! I enjoyed doing it (aside from the whole trying not to cry part) and I was about 99% pleased with it. Aside from the fact that I started shooting a few years BEFORE i met my husband but whatever LOL
    Then props to you for shooting even while not fully recovered from surgery (that's commitment).

Also, I'm glad the news report didn't try to skew the whole thing to make you out to be some sort of crazed pistol-packing lunatic. They seemed to do a fairly good job sticking to the facts.

Keep fighting the good fight ClumsyCandy.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast