• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NBC 12 tonight at 11pm - Pistol Packing Moms

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
safe_image.php

My company, Proactive Shooters was asked to participate in a special tv news report a few months ago. It airs tonight at 11pm. Watch tonight for an NBC special on Pistol Packing Moms, with OCDO's own ClumsyCandy and me.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Most of the moms I know aren't completely irrational, as are the Mad Moms who occupy so much news time. It's about time the media stopped portraying moms in a biased, sexist light as rationally inferior. :)

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Jim,

Will you please, please teach her to lock her arms out in an isocoles, or use either a Weaver or Chapman stance instead of that half-chicken wing that gives the stereotypical recoil halfway to her forehead. And work on her flinch, OK? It was just painful to watch.

Having gotten the nit-picking out of the way, my overall impression of the piece they aired was positive. Okra and BBQ as your reward - just let me know when you are ready to collect.:)

stay safe.

ProShooter

Jim,

Will you please, please teach her to lock her arms out in an isocoles, or use either a Weaver or Chapman stance instead of that half-chicken wing that gives the stereotypical recoil halfway to her forehead. And work on her flinch, OK? It was just painful to watch.

There's a specific reason why that stance was used. We normally teach a "crouched isosceles" stance for defensive shooting.

Having gotten the nit-picking out of the way, my overall impression of the piece they aired was positive. Okra and BBQ as your reward - just let me know when you are ready to collect.:)

stay safe.

I think the piece was well done, and the ladies were fantastic.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
There's a specific reason why that stance was used. We normally teach a "crouched isosceles" stance for defensive shooting.

Are you at liberty to share what that reason might be?

Because, seeing nothing but what's in that video, the poor recoil management of her grip stands out to me immediately.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

Because, seeing nothing but what's in that video, the poor recoil management of her grip stands out to me immediately.

Physical problems if my guess is right.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Physical problems if my guess is right.

No disrespect to ProShooter, but if that's the case she might be well-served seeing a physiologist/sports rehab type person to see if she can find a way around that that improves her recoil management.

Also, no disrespect to CC - she's out there shooting, which is 100% better than being out there not shooting.

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
No disrespect to ProShooter, but if that's the case she might be well-served seeing a physiologist/sports rehab type person to see if she can find a way around that that improves her recoil management.

stay safe.

I'm pretty sure she's still recovering from an accident but you're right, she is sweeping the moon.
She has the same wrist action as the Fairfax PD
smiley-laughing021.gif
smiley-laughing021.gif
smiley-laughing021.gif

ProShooter

I am not going to discuss anyone's personal info here. If she chooses to come on here and explain why she chose that grip, stance, etc, then so be it.

I will tell you that every shot she fired hit center mass, in a nice 5 inch group. She hit what she was aiming at.

va_tazdad

Now THAT kind of

I am not going to discuss anyone's personal info here. If she chooses to come on here and explain why she chose that grip, stance, etc, then so be it.

I will tell you that every shot she fired hit center mass, in a nice 5 inch group. She hit what she was aiming at.

Gun Control I approve of! What ever works for her.

ClumsyCandy

Thanks PS. : ) PeterNap is right. I had wrist surgery in February and had not shot since then on the advice of my surgeon. As to my stance, because of the metal rod in my leg I have to stand how is comfortable. And considering I hadn't shot in close to a year, I did a lot better than I thought I would. I was trying not to hurt my wrist again as I'd rather not have surgery again.

Thanks again for asking me to come out. I look at it this way, if the ONLY thing people can find out of the WHOLE video to complain about was my form, then I did a damn good job.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Thanks PS. : ) PeterNap is right. I had wrist surgery in February and had not shot since then on the advice of my surgeon. As to my stance, because of the metal rod in my leg I have to stand how is comfortable. And considering I hadn't shot in close to a year, I did a lot better than I thought I would. I was trying not to hurt my wrist again as I'd rather not have surgery again.

Thanks again for asking me to come out. I look at it this way, if the ONLY thing people can find out of the WHOLE video to complain about was my form, then I did a damn good job.

They didn't end it correctly Candy!
:lol::lol: