• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Preventing gun violence through effective messaging

eye95

From the "Study" said:
Three key themes drive the most powerful arguments for gun violence prevention:
ONE: The serious personal toll that gun violence takes on people’s lives.
TW0: People’s right to be free from violence in their communities.
THREE: The changing nature of weapons towards more powerful, military-style ones that make us less safe.

One: Gun violence does not exist. All violence takes a serious toll. However, violence in self-defense prevents the toll of offensive violence--and that requires the tools to exert that defense.

Two: There is no "right to be free from violence in [your] communities." There is a natural right to defend yourself against unwarranted violence on your person--and that requires the tools to exert that defense.

Three: Weapons that are used in offensive violence are becoming more powerful, so too should the weapons of self-defense, i.e. more powerful tools are required to exert self-defense.

Funny how the study says that the pro-2A folks are the emotional ones, and the antis are the logical ones. Their whole line of reasoning rests on the irrational fear of an inanimate object. Our whole line of reasoning rests on the rational recognition that some people out there will do nasty things with whatever objects they have at hand, so it is perfectly reasonable that we have one of the most effective objects of defense ever envisioned in the mind of man: the gun.