Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Response to a Guns and Ammo editorial

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar

Response to a Guns and Ammo editorial

Someone doesn't like an editorial in a Guns and Ammo issue... I have to say, I don't like it either from the sound of it!
    http://janmorganmedia.com/2013/11/gu...sue-editorial/

Banned
    The author of the editorial is a fascist. He outed himself der.

Another drag him across the coals, bash him, and try to discredit him for his opinion. I'm pretty sure it's called an editorial for a reason, it's his to write however he wants.
    Last edited by Primus; 11-04-2013 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Another drag him across the coals, bash him, and try to discredit him for his opinion. I'm pretty sure it's called an editorial for a reason, it's his to write however he wants.
    And it's my money to buy the magazine with fascist opinions, or not... And it's your money to do the same... And now you know a little better which magazines have which content. Congrats. You have made no legitimate complaint.
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 11-04-2013 at 10:31 PM.

Founder's Club Member
    Another half-thought comment from Primus.

While commenting that Metcalf legitimately penned an editorial, Primus somehow missed the too-obvious point that Metcalf's critic, Jan Morgan, was writing her own protected speech commentary on her own freaking blog--its her's to write however she wants.

Its the ancient rule: a fella is entitled to his opinion, and entitled to speak or write it. And, everybody is entitled to their opinion of his opinion, and likewise free to speak or write it.
    Last edited by Citizen; 11-04-2013 at 10:37 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Banned
    Another drag him across the coals, bash him, and try to discredit him for his opinion. .

And I approve ! Drag him, toss him overboard, throw him to the sharks, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    And it's my money to buy the magazine with fascist opinions, or not... And it's your money to do the same... And now you know a little better which magazines have which content. Congrats. You have made no legitimate complaint.
    Wasn't trying to make a "complaint". It was a comment about bashing. You can choose not to buy a magazine without bashing the writer for an opinion. You can say "I wont buy this anymore because I don't like the editor". At least that sounds a bit more civil then "He's a fascist and his true ugly self comes out, he's a bone'head, etc. etc.". Everyone is so quick to label and throw the F word around even when it doesn't remotely apply. Fascist is just common talking points, party line, for some people. Bashing doesn't solve or fix anything, I hope we figure that out before we get even more screwed then we already are.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    And I approve ! Drag him, toss him overboard, throw him to the sharks, etc.
    Hey! What did sharks ever do to you? Lets have a little decency and respect for honest animals around here.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Wasn't trying to make a "complaint". It was a comment about bashing. You can choose not to buy a magazine without bashing the writer for an opinion. You can say "I wont buy this anymore because I don't like the editor". At least that sounds a bit more civil then "He's a fascist and his true ugly self comes out, he's a bone'head, etc. etc.". Everyone is so quick to label and throw the F word around even when it doesn't remotely apply. Fascist is just common talking points, party line, for some people. Bashing doesn't solve or fix anything, I hope we figure that out before we get even more screwed then we already are.
    Why sugar coat it, he's a fascist... I am sorry to hear your a proud supporter of the land of the offended, if it's going to hurt someone else's ego or pride then that's a no no. To the OP thank you for saying what you think and putting it out in the open instead of sugar coating and keeping it to yourself.
    Criminals donít open carry, most donít wear holsters, none care that you have a No Gun sign up. Good job to all stores who posts signs, all of you have opened yourself to criminals. They now know that you are weak and they will have no resistance in your place of business.

Hey, I just posted a link, guys, I wasn't bashing anyone. I just found the information a little shocking, and thought that maybe I should distribute it because others may be as shocked as I was, and might like to know.
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 11-04-2013 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glocklover20 View Post
    I am sorry to hear your a proud supporter of the land of the offended
    I was offended once Ė the earth shook; the heavens moved.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Another half-thought comment from Primus.

While commenting that Metcalf legitimately penned an editorial, Primus somehow missed the too-obvious point that Metcalf's critic, Jan Morgan, was writing her own protected speech commentary on her own freaking blog--its her's to write however she wants.

Its the ancient rule: a fella is entitled to his opinion, and entitled to speak or write it. And, everybody is entitled to their opinion of his opinion, and likewise free to speak or write it.
    Half-thought comment? Does that progress this discussion in any way? Did that change anything about what has been done by either party? Does it provide gain to any party? Negative. What it does do is prove my point and provide an example....

You missed my point, whether by intention or honest mistake. You are correct, both parties presented their opinions and utilized freedom of speech. My point was one bashed (as you attempted to do) and one didn't. The editor didn't say "your an idiot for believing in 2a", he merely stated HIS opinion. She on the other hand went on the offensive and attempted to discredit him.

You did the same. I didn't bash anyone, presented an opinion that was general, attempting to progress the thought process. You also presented an opinion "Half-thought comment". That does nothing for the discussion or this forum. All it does is paint you as a basher or negative person.

You could have stated why you disagree with me without the first line and explained why you believe they both expressed their opinions and you agree with her.

Bashing wastes valuable time and energy (and space on this screen), which could be much better used to sway people who may be on the fence about ANYTHING (policies, laws, or you). Save bashing for an area exclusive to you and those who agree 100 %. For example, having a beer with the guys from work? Bash away. Posting in a public forum, newspaper, webiste, etc., be careful with bashing because while some may go "yea you go dude!!!" other's that previously had no opinion, may leave with a negative opinion about yourself and every other gun owner, and not based on your opinion but your PRESENTATION. But each to his own, it is freedom of speech.

Banned
    Hey! What did sharks ever do to you? Lets have a little decency and respect for honest animals around here.
    To be more hip:

Toss him to the Sharknado !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARpJBSTmcJ0

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    Hey, I just posted a link, guys, I wasn't bashing anyone. I just found the information a little shocking, and thought that maybe I should distribute it because others may be as shocked as I was, and might like to know.
    I know and I apologize if you thought I meant you. I was referring to the lady that wrote her article.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    To be more hip:

Toss him to the Sharknado !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARpJBSTmcJ0
    Sharknado is the pinnacle of human achievement compared to this raunchy little "editorial".

In related news, today I declared the clear and unequivocal start of the pan-human cultural Golden Age: I bought bacon jerky in a gas station.
    Last edited by marshaul; 11-04-2013 at 11:11 PM.

Founder's Club Member
    Half-thought comment? Does that progress this discussion in any way? Did that change anything about what has been done by either party? Does it provide gain to any party? Negative. What it does do is prove my point and provide an example....

You missed my point, whether by intention or honest mistake. You are correct, both parties presented their opinions and utilized freedom of speech. My point was one bashed (as you attempted to do) and one didn't. The editor didn't say "your an idiot for believing in 2a", he merely stated HIS opinion. She on the other hand went on the offensive and attempted to discredit him.

You did the same. I didn't bash anyone, presented an opinion that was general, attempting to progress the thought process. You also presented an opinion "Half-thought comment". That does nothing for the discussion or this forum. All it does is paint you as a basher or negative person.

You could have stated why you disagree with me without the first line and explained why you believe they both expressed their opinions and you agree with her.

Bashing wastes valuable time and energy (and space on this screen), which could be much better used to sway people who may be on the fence about ANYTHING (policies, laws, or you). Save bashing for an area exclusive to you and those who agree 100 %. For example, having a beer with the guys from work? Bash away. Posting in a public forum, newspaper, webiste, etc., be careful with bashing because while some may go "yea you go dude!!!" other's that previously had no opinion, may leave with a negative opinion about yourself and every other gun owner, and not based on your opinion but your PRESENTATION. But each to his own, it is freedom of speech.
    Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaa!!!!

You are so full of it, Primus. You didn't say "one bashed; one didn't". It wasn't your point, and you know it.

Haahahahahahahahahaaaaa!!!

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Sharknado is the pinnacle of human achievement compared to this raunchy little "editorial".

In related news, today I declared the clear and unequivocal start of the pan-human cultural Golden Age: I bought bacon jerky in a gas station.
    Isn't that kind of contradiction?

I mean, doesn't the jerky seasoning basically ruin the delectable, exquisitely delicious bacon? And, doesn't the bacon totally interfere with the sensory flights of ecstasy normally associated with even mediocre jerky?

C'mon. Quit jerkin' my bacon. Tell me the truth.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaa!!!!

You are so full of it, Primus. You didn't say "one bashed; one didn't". It wasn't your point, and you know it.

Haahahahahahahahahaaaaa!!!
    There's a thoughtful response.

No, I didn't quote "one bashed one didn't". I said she bashed him for writing an opinion.

Why sugar coat it, he's a fascist... I am sorry to hear your a proud supporter of the land of the offended, if it's going to hurt someone else's ego or pride then that's a no no. To the OP thank you for saying what you think and putting it out in the open instead of sugar coating and keeping it to yourself.
    I was offended once Ė the earth shook; the heavens moved.
    So your responsible for the tsunami in '04 huh? Haha
    Criminals donít open carry, most donít wear holsters, none care that you have a No Gun sign up. Good job to all stores who posts signs, all of you have opened yourself to criminals. They now know that you are weak and they will have no resistance in your place of business.

Isn't that kind of contradiction?

I mean, doesn't the jerky seasoning basically ruin the delectable, exquisitely delicious bacon? And, doesn't the bacon totally interfere with the sensory flights of ecstasy normally associated with even mediocre jerky?

C'mon. Quit jerkin' my bacon. Tell me the truth.

I thought it might. But, it's actually really good IMO.

The bacon flavor dominates, but it's smokier than in freshly cooked bacon (I like smoke flavor). Bacon's already salty, and that's pretty much the only mandatory ingredient in jerky, so I would say they kept the flavor fairly bacon-neutral. It's also not as crispy as freshly cooked bacon, but it's crumblier than beef jerky.

Sorry, but you already stole all the obvious puns, so I'll have to leave you disappointed in that regard.
    Last edited by marshaul; 11-04-2013 at 11:44 PM.

So your responsible for the tsunami in '04 huh? Haha
    It's you're.

Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    It's you're.
    You are?

Banned
    You are?
    She is ...

Banned
    Just from the first quote from his editorial I know I hate his opinion.

Rights are NEVER regulated. The instant they are, they cease to be legal rights and become privileges, exercised at the whim of the state. (They always remain moral rights, but that is a purely theoretical animal.)

"Shall not be infringed" means ZERO regulation on the RKBA. Except by due process of law, the right is inviolate by the feds (and, IMO, any level of government since the federal government is not specifically named in the 2A as it is in the 1A; therefore the 2A logically binds the parties who created the Constitution also).

Freedom of religion is regulated. A church cannot practice human sacrifice.
    This nitwit compares regulating religion to prohibiting human sacrifice? Uh, human sacrifice in this country is a infringement of a citizen's right to life.

Freedom of assembly is regulated. People who don't like you can't gather an "anti-you" demonstration on your front lawn without your permission.
    This nitwit is not mentally cognitive enough to understand that this is a example of trespassing and a violation of a citizen's right to property.

I firmly believe that all US citizens have a right to keep and bear arms, but I do not believe that they have a right to use them irresponsibly.
    This nitwit is not capable of understanding that we already have laws that address the unlawful use of firearms.

He, and his magazine, should be shunned by liberty centric citizens.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast