• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Response to a Guns and Ammo editorial

Primus

Another drag him across the coals, bash him, and try to discredit him for his opinion. I'm pretty sure it's called an editorial for a reason, it's his to write however he wants.

Last edited:

stealthyeliminator

Another drag him across the coals, bash him, and try to discredit him for his opinion. I'm pretty sure it's called an editorial for a reason, it's his to write however he wants.

And it's my money to buy the magazine with fascist opinions, or not... And it's your money to do the same... And now you know a little better which magazines have which content. Congrats. You have made no legitimate complaint.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member

Another half-thought comment from Primus.

While commenting that Metcalf legitimately penned an editorial, Primus somehow missed the too-obvious point that Metcalf's critic, Jan Morgan, was writing her own protected speech commentary on her own freaking blog--its her's to write however she wants.

Its the ancient rule: a fella is entitled to his opinion, and entitled to speak or write it. And, everybody is entitled to their opinion of his opinion, and likewise free to speak or write it.

Last edited:

Primus

And it's my money to buy the magazine with fascist opinions, or not... And it's your money to do the same... And now you know a little better which magazines have which content. Congrats. You have made no legitimate complaint.

Wasn't trying to make a "complaint". It was a comment about bashing. You can choose not to buy a magazine without bashing the writer for an opinion. You can say "I wont buy this anymore because I don't like the editor". At least that sounds a bit more civil then "He's a fascist and his true ugly self comes out, he's a bone'head, etc. etc.". Everyone is so quick to label and throw the F word around even when it doesn't remotely apply. Fascist is just common talking points, party line, for some people. Bashing doesn't solve or fix anything, I hope we figure that out before we get even more screwed then we already are.

Glocklover20

Wasn't trying to make a "complaint". It was a comment about bashing. You can choose not to buy a magazine without bashing the writer for an opinion. You can say "I wont buy this anymore because I don't like the editor". At least that sounds a bit more civil then "He's a fascist and his true ugly self comes out, he's a bone'head, etc. etc.". Everyone is so quick to label and throw the F word around even when it doesn't remotely apply. Fascist is just common talking points, party line, for some people. Bashing doesn't solve or fix anything, I hope we figure that out before we get even more screwed then we already are.

Why sugar coat it, he's a fascist... I am sorry to hear your a proud supporter of the land of the offended, if it's going to hurt someone else's ego or pride then that's a no no. To the OP thank you for saying what you think and putting it out in the open instead of sugar coating and keeping it to yourself.

stealthyeliminator

Hey, I just posted a link, guys, I wasn't bashing anyone. :) I just found the information a little shocking, and thought that maybe I should distribute it because others may be as shocked as I was, and might like to know.

Last edited:

Primus

Another half-thought comment from Primus.

While commenting that Metcalf legitimately penned an editorial, Primus somehow missed the too-obvious point that Metcalf's critic, Jan Morgan, was writing her own protected speech commentary on her own freaking blog--its her's to write however she wants.

Its the ancient rule: a fella is entitled to his opinion, and entitled to speak or write it. And, everybody is entitled to their opinion of his opinion, and likewise free to speak or write it.

Half-thought comment? Does that progress this discussion in any way? Did that change anything about what has been done by either party? Does it provide gain to any party? Negative. What it does do is prove my point and provide an example....

You missed my point, whether by intention or honest mistake. You are correct, both parties presented their opinions and utilized freedom of speech. My point was one bashed (as you attempted to do) and one didn't. The editor didn't say "your an idiot for believing in 2a", he merely stated HIS opinion. She on the other hand went on the offensive and attempted to discredit him.

You did the same. I didn't bash anyone, presented an opinion that was general, attempting to progress the thought process. You also presented an opinion "Half-thought comment". That does nothing for the discussion or this forum. All it does is paint you as a basher or negative person.

You could have stated why you disagree with me without the first line and explained why you believe they both expressed their opinions and you agree with her.

Bashing wastes valuable time and energy (and space on this screen), which could be much better used to sway people who may be on the fence about ANYTHING (policies, laws, or you). Save bashing for an area exclusive to you and those who agree 100 %. For example, having a beer with the guys from work? Bash away. Posting in a public forum, newspaper, webiste, etc., be careful with bashing because while some may go "yea you go dude!!!" other's that previously had no opinion, may leave with a negative opinion about yourself and every other gun owner, and not based on your opinion but your PRESENTATION. But each to his own, it is freedom of speech.

Primus

Hey, I just posted a link, guys, I wasn't bashing anyone. :) I just found the information a little shocking, and thought that maybe I should distribute it because others may be as shocked as I was, and might like to know.

I know and I apologize if you thought I meant you. I was referring to the lady that wrote her article.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Half-thought comment? Does that progress this discussion in any way? Did that change anything about what has been done by either party? Does it provide gain to any party? Negative. What it does do is prove my point and provide an example....

You missed my point, whether by intention or honest mistake. You are correct, both parties presented their opinions and utilized freedom of speech. My point was one bashed (as you attempted to do) and one didn't. The editor didn't say "your an idiot for believing in 2a", he merely stated HIS opinion. She on the other hand went on the offensive and attempted to discredit him.

You did the same. I didn't bash anyone, presented an opinion that was general, attempting to progress the thought process. You also presented an opinion "Half-thought comment". That does nothing for the discussion or this forum. All it does is paint you as a basher or negative person.

You could have stated why you disagree with me without the first line and explained why you believe they both expressed their opinions and you agree with her.

Bashing wastes valuable time and energy (and space on this screen), which could be much better used to sway people who may be on the fence about ANYTHING (policies, laws, or you). Save bashing for an area exclusive to you and those who agree 100 %. For example, having a beer with the guys from work? Bash away. Posting in a public forum, newspaper, webiste, etc., be careful with bashing because while some may go "yea you go dude!!!" other's that previously had no opinion, may leave with a negative opinion about yourself and every other gun owner, and not based on your opinion but your PRESENTATION. But each to his own, it is freedom of speech.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaa!!!!

You are so full of it, Primus. You didn't say "one bashed; one didn't". It wasn't your point, and you know it.

Haahahahahahahahahaaaaa!!!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Sharknado is the pinnacle of human achievement compared to this raunchy little "editorial".

In related news, today I declared the clear and unequivocal start of the pan-human cultural Golden Age: I bought bacon jerky in a gas station.

Isn't that kind of contradiction?

I mean, doesn't the jerky seasoning basically ruin the delectable, exquisitely delicious bacon? And, doesn't the bacon totally interfere with the sensory flights of ecstasy normally associated with even mediocre jerky?

C'mon. Quit jerkin' my bacon. Tell me the truth.

:D

Primus

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaa!!!!

You are so full of it, Primus. You didn't say "one bashed; one didn't". It wasn't your point, and you know it.

Haahahahahahahahahaaaaa!!!

There's a thoughtful response.

No, I didn't quote "one bashed one didn't". I said she bashed him for writing an opinion.

Glocklover20

Why sugar coat it, he's a fascist... I am sorry to hear your a proud supporter of the land of the offended, if it's going to hurt someone else's ego or pride then that's a no no. To the OP thank you for saying what you think and putting it out in the open instead of sugar coating and keeping it to yourself.

I was offended once – the earth shook; the heavens moved.

So your responsible for the tsunami in '04 huh? Haha

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Isn't that kind of contradiction?

I mean, doesn't the jerky seasoning basically ruin the delectable, exquisitely delicious bacon? And, doesn't the bacon totally interfere with the sensory flights of ecstasy normally associated with even mediocre jerky?

C'mon. Quit jerkin' my bacon. Tell me the truth.

:D

I thought it might. But, it's actually really good IMO.

The bacon flavor dominates, but it's smokier than in freshly cooked bacon (I like smoke flavor). Bacon's already salty, and that's pretty much the only mandatory ingredient in jerky, so I would say they kept the flavor fairly bacon-neutral. It's also not as crispy as freshly cooked bacon, but it's crumblier than beef jerky.

Sorry, but you already stole all the obvious puns, so I'll have to leave you disappointed in that regard. :p

Last edited: