• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Let's see how gun control is working for us

DW98

'Youth engagement officers' have been armed, apparently out of the blue, at Northern Territory schools since last Thursday.

"It's rather sudden, say teachers." "AEU NT branch president Matthew Cranitch says schools were given no advanced knowledge.

"We are unsure as to why it has happened so quickly and why there was not more consultation or discussion about it," he said."

Interesting.

DW98

Indian student in coma after brutal attack in Melbourne

Melbourne: In yet another incident of crime against Indians in Australia, a young student has been left in an induced coma after a brutal attack in Melbourne.
Manriajwinder Singh, the 20-year-old Indian was repeatedly kicked and punched until a friend came to his rescue. Two cellphones were stolen from him and his friend.

Mr. Singh had recently arrived in Australia.

Great welcome for the poor guy..... :mad:

Street gangs terrorize Sydney bus drivers

NSW must act on violence

Rising acts of random city violence put medics on edge

'It's not just violence, it's brutality': New Year's Eve aggression keeps medics busy

And still no talk of self-defence :cry:

Man remains critical after NYE assault

A TEENAGER remains in a critical condition after being punched in a random attack on New Year's Eve.

Investigations underway in fatal stabbing in Port Macquarie

A 63-YEAR-OLD man is in critical condition in hospital after being stabbed several times in a New Year's Eve incident in Adelaide.

Woman charged with attempted murder after man stabbed at Edwardstown

Woman raped on NSW beach

A WOMAN has been grabbed, dragged into sand dunes and sexually assaulted on a NSW beach, police say.

The 21-year-old was walking alone along Fairy Meadow Beach near Wollongong in the early hours of Wednesday morning when a man grabbed her from behind and dragged her to nearby sand dunes.

Police say he sexually assaulted her before running away.

Passers-by who heard the woman scream went to her aid and called emergency services.

She was taken to Wollongong Hospital for treatment.

Police say the man is of Caucasian appearance, approximately 170cm tall, with a small build.

He was wearing shorts and a black and silver necklace.

Anyone with any information is urged to contact police.

Two youths have been charged after two men were bashed and robbed in central Melbourne

66-year-old man shot at during Melbourne road rage incident

Man in custody over Warwick double murder

14-year-old girl charged with attempted murder after threatening workers with a knife

Shots fired during Brisbane siege, suspect found dead

Police are investigating the stabbing death of a man in Balga.

Woman found dead in south-east Melbourne

Man shot in armed robbery, suspects arrested

Police in Sydney are investigating two shootings in the city's south-west overnight, but say there is nothing to suggest they are linked.

Police are looking for a female who was seen leaving a unit at Ashcroft moments after a teenage boy was shot last night.

A woman and her son have escaped injury after shots were fired at a house in Sydney's south west - the forth time the home has been targeted.

Two injured in Melbourne shooting

Man arrested over Brisbane shooting planned to target police

Man 'wet his pants' after being 'forced' to shoot mate

Seven Hills-

A man has been hit with a bullet after shots were fired at his home in Seven Hills last night.

Police 'not in danger' when they killed man

OFFICERS from an elite Melbourne police unit were not in danger when they shot 18 rounds at a man suspected of killing and dismembering a fellow criminal, a coroner has found.
No loss there. Good work I say.

Prospect-

Police are searching for four men after they broke into a house and stabbed the occupants.

They were also armed with firearms, go figure. :rolleyes:

About 6.45am (28-12) the 65-year-old man was loading items into a vehicle parked in Blackett Place when he was approached by a man armed with a handgun.

The alleged offender demanded the man’s wallet and when he refused, he was hit across the head a number of times with the firearm.

Police investigate after house shot at in Sydney's west

Man arrested after firing shots into the air

Police arrested a man after reports of gun shots in the Seaford area in the early hours of this morning. Just before 3.30am police received a number of calls from the public reporting that a man was allegedly firing shots into the air. Police, with the assistance of Star Group, attended a Seaford address and arrested an 18-year-old Seaford man at about 5am, without incident.

I guess he wanted to bring in the new year in a different way :lol:

A 71-year-old taxi driver stabbed 10 times in inner Sydney remains in an induced coma in hospital.

Sydney man remains in critical condition after unprovoked bashing at Bondi

Man bashed in Brisbane's CBD is critical

Man charged with murder over late December car park bashing death

Surry hills man fighting for life after being king hit A king hit is where someone sneaks up behind you and knocks you out with one punch. Common here.

Police have arrested two people after a man presented at a police station with what appeared to be a gunshot wound to his foot this morning.

Police investigate after shots fired into Henry St. home (Dec 30)

Police are appealing for information following an armed robbery, stealing and a carjacking overnight.

Western Australian man found stabbed to death on Perth beach (Jan 1, 2014)

16-year-old boy beaten to death in WA park (Late Dec)

Investigations are continuing after a 33-year-old man was found murdered on River Road, a 66-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion

South American woman raped after by stranger in south-east Melbourne

Police say a man approached the 28-year-old, who is working in Australia as a nanny, at McCrae on Sunday and offered her a lift to a train station.

He drove her to an isolated part of Shoreham, punched her in the face and grappled with her, before she got out of the car and tried to flee.

The man then allegedly ran her down and sexually assaulted her.

He fled the scene in his car, described as a gold-coloured Holden utility.

Detective Senior Sergeant Jason Walsh said the woman was extremely distressed and traumatised by the attack and had decided to leave Australia earlier than planned.

Homicide detectives are investigating after a man was found dead in country Victoria, north-west of Melbourne. The death is being treated as suspicious.

FOUR men are on the run after a violent home invasion in Sydney.

Five teens arrested over Melbourne home invasion, police pursuit

Five teenagers were arrested after a man was allegedly assaulted and robbed in a home invasion at a Dandenong residential care unit – the youngest accused teen is aged just 14.

Police were called to the man's home in Scott Street, Dandenong, after reports he had been assaulted in the corridor of the residential care unit where he lived. Police believe the man's personal belongings were allegedly stolen by the youths at about 1am.

The Dandenong man was taken to Dandenong Hospital for treatment.

Investigating police allege a Holden Captiva was stolen from the same street. They were able to track down the car and pursue it after it failed to pull over at Kilmore, in central Victoria.

Police say the car was driving on the wrong side of the road as they pursued it. Police chased the car as it turned onto the Northern Highway, then to the Broadford interchange, where it drove onto the Kilmore-Broadford Road. The chase was then terminated.

Police stopped the car using "stop sticks" on the Old Hume Highway in Winton at about 6am.

Two girls, aged 14 and 16 and a male aged 16, were arrested at the scene while two boys, aged 16 and 17, fled into nearby scrubland.

Police pursued the boys using the dog squad with officers on foot. The pair were arrested an hour later.

The quintet is in custody assisting police with their inquiries.

Great work by the police here. Unfortunately, these people will probably get a few months and a good behavior bond and be back out on the streets.

Lyneham man found stabbed to death in home

Police investigate suspicious death in Phillip

The death of the man is being treated as suspicious and currently being investigated by detectives from ACT Policing Criminal Investigations.

On the bright side the fireworks across the country were nice, despite the city ones being cancelled in several states.

[video=youtube;uq53EkX0B-0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq53EkX0B-0[/video]

Happy New Year.

Last edited:

DW98

Man shot after luxury yacht riddled with dozens of bullets - Bondi Beach

Suburban carpark rocked by shooting

A man is in a serious condition after being found in a shopping centre car park in Melbourne's south east with gunshot wounds to both legs. Another man was also shot and remains in a stable condition

Remains found in a burnt out car today may be those of missing Victorian man

Police seek assistance after 16-year-old boy brutally stabbed in Harvey Bay

Man who brutally bashed boy had attacked at least 4 random strangers that night, say police

"One hospitalized every 40 minutes" Ambulance members say Sydney CBD assaults are "out of control".

papa bear

the biggest thing that bothers me DW98, is if anyone in your list had tried to defend themselves they would have been breaking the law, and would have been arrested

can you tell us what they would have been effectively charged with?

DW98

the biggest thing that bothers me DW98, is if anyone in your list had tried to defend themselves they would have been breaking the law, and would have been arrested

can you tell us what they would have been effectively charged with?

It depends on a lot of factors. Safe to say if I used what was deemed "unreasonable force" in defending myself then I'd probably be going to prison. If I was home-invaded and there was not a direct threat to myself or others and I shot the person(s) then I'd be going to prison. Most likely for the following: Unsafe use of a firearm, attempted murder (or murder depending on what happened -- second degree most likely), causing grievous bodily harm, discharging a firearm in a public place and various other firearms offences. Even if it was a justifiable shooting then my firearms would be confiscated for a while, license temporarily revoked and I'd be in for a lengthy trial.

Back in 2003 or so South Australia passed a law which says that home-owners can defend themselves at any cost (within reason obviously but you get the point). I believe that the law is (thankfully) still in place. If you shoot, stab etc. someone in my state, you better be damned sure it will be deemed justifiable.

Back in late 2012 there was a case in Tasmania where a home-owner shot (allegedly accidentally) and seriously wounded a 15-year-old boy who was part of a group of people vandalizing his house. He was cleared. Sometimes there's sense, but most of the time the LAFO's will be at fault.

One of the main issues is that while the police do a pretty good job, our magistrates hand out pathetic sentences for violent crime, which gives little deterrent to not re-offend. You would have to do something really horrendous to be given a life sentence here. Remember this is a country where you can murder someone and be out in a few years (or less in some cases), I'm talking about outright murder as well, not manslaughter.

For example, back in the late 80's in my city a 19-year-old man walked along a busy road and started shooting at passing cars, killing 7 and wounding 19. Two of the dead were friends of my family. After a shootout with police he surrendered (ran out of ammo). The judge gave him a non-parole period of 27 years, saying there was a chance of rehabilitation :rolleyes:. Later this year he's up for parole, and apparently he has a chance of being released (he's 45 now). What a fuc%^%# joke.....

Here's the article:

A CLARENDON Vale householder accused of deliberately shooting a teenager has been found not guilty by a Supreme Court jury in Hobart.

Ronnie Edward Jackson, 40, pleaded not guilty to causing grievous bodily harm over the incident which occurred early on October 22 last year.

A jury heard that on the day before the shooting some of Mr Jackson's neighbours were arrested over a stolen car in their backyard.

A crowd of about 30 people gathered in the street outside Mr Jackson's house and blamed him for dobbing them in.

Several yelled at Mr Jackson and rocks were thrown on his roof. The 15-year-old shooting victim was among the group.

Crown Prosecutor Patrick Dixon said about 10.30pm a car was pushed on to the nature strip in front of Mr Jackson's house and set alight.

About 1.45am his front window was smashed and a fire extinguisher was discharged into his house.

The court was told Mr Jackson took a single-barrelled 12-gauge shotgun, loaded it and went outside.

The weapon discharged and a 15-year-old boy nearby was hit, causing serious abdominal wounds, including a lacerated liver and colon.

Mr Jackson told police he had stumbled when the boy threw a fire extinguisher at him and the gun had gone off accidentally.

"I don't think he would have been shot if he hadn't thrown the fire extinguisher at my leg," he told police.

The victim told the court he was standing alone near the burned-out car when a figure loomed out the darkness carrying a long object.

"I heard a tapping noise. I put my head up and looked. The person raised the gun and fired," he said.

"I remember being shot, then I can only remember patches."

Under cross examination from defence lawyer Kim Baumeler, the boy denied smashing Mr Jackson's window with a rock, discharging a fire extinguisher inside the house or throwing a fire extinguisher at the Mr Jackson just before the shooting.

He said broken glass on his clothing could have come from when he collapsed after being shot.

The jury deliberated for 45 minutes before returning a not-guilty verdict.

Investigations are continuing after a man was beaten to death outside a petrol station in the Victorian boarder town of Cobham, following an argument.

A man with stab wounds, covered in blood walked into Gladesville police station allegedly claiming he had stabbed his sister to death. A woman's body was later discovered.

NSW government urged to act on violence

Police are investigating the shooting of a man from Adelaide's northern suburbs in a targeted attack overnight. He remains in a serious condition at the Royal Adelaide Hospital.

Residents are not reporting shootings, say police Meaning non-fatal ones (I hope). Not surprised.

"I hear gunshots nearly every night" Quote from someone living in western Sydney.

Saw the police released some crime stats earlier. According to the official statistics there were 115 gang-related shootings across 10 suburbs in Sydney's west last year. I assume there were considerably more than that. No mention of how many there were in the rest of the city.

DW98

Shots fired into Rockhampton home narrowly missed sleeping girl, police say.

Seventh shooting in two days after five Mackay homes shot in 'indiscriminate' attack.

Homeless man stabbed to death in random attack - Melbourne CBD. An arrest has since been made.

Woman shot in the stomach in Melbourne's west in a serious but stable condition, police say.

Melbourne man in hospital after being shot in the legs.

3 Melbourne police officers critical after explosion injures 6. Some clown said he wanted to kill himself, called the police, and when they came in he set off a gas bottle. One officer has over 90% burns to her body.

Sydney man charged over stabbing murder

Man charged with firearms offences after child injured in shooting

Firearms stolen in home invasion - Raby

Woman, 19, feared for her life during violent home invasion, police say

Police investigate shots fired in Mt. Duritt

Shots fired into house - Punchbowl

Car, house shot at during targeted attack in Revesby

Shots fired into Rouse Hill property

42-year-old man arrested over Adelaide shooting

Police investigate Western Adelaide shootings

Out of interest, how often do you guys hear about a shooting in your area?

DW98

18-year-old 'king hit' victim dies in hospital A 'king hit' is when someone sneaks up behind a person and knocks them out with one punch. I believe it's called the knockout game in the U.S. The young man is the 91st person to be killed by a king hit since 2001. And countless others have been left permanently brain damaged or seriously injured. :mad: Rest in Peace.

SA man heard pleading for life before fatal stabbing, police say

Police are investigating a drive-by shooting which left a house and car riddled with bullets - Liverpool

Police are investigating a shooting at Greenfield Park, early this morning. No injuries reported.

Police are investigating another shooting, in Bankstown this morning.

Boy's body found on the side of the road deemed suspicious

A teenager is fighting for his life and in a coma in hospital after being knocked to the ground at a fast food restaurant at Penrith yesterday.

A car has been riddled with bullets outside a home on Iluka Street. No one was in the car at the time. Police investigations continue.

A bystander in Brisbane found himself a target after throwing a piece of wood at an armed robber, who returned fire with a shotgun. The man was not injured.

26-year-old man in serious condition after random stabbing attack

Man in hospital with serious head injuries after Sydney CBD meat cleaver attack

9 firearms stolen during Melbourne home invasion

NSW farmer shot at by gun-wielding teen during home invasion

Brothers 4 Life gang linked to at least 80 Sydney shootings since late 2012, say police. At least 25 of those were fatal.

Two security guards have been charged after they allegedly raped two teenagers at MacArthur Square.

A man has been charged with numerous offences after allegedly manufacturing homemade firearms at his house on Kendall Road, Casula.

Breakthrough in Melbourne good Samaritan death

Shane's brother Luke, 29, was allegedly killed after he stepped in to save a stranger who was being beaten near a nightclub on Sydney Rd.

The attackers ran off, but allegedly confronted and cornered Mr Mitchell about 15 minutes later at a 7-Eleven convenience store at the corner of Brunswick and Sydney roads. He was bashed and stabbed and died in hospital within hours.

Three men wanted by police over the killing fled Australia just hours after the vicious attack.
Police today charged Sarud Seehaverachart, 31, with one count of murder. Just hours after stepping off a plane he appeared at the Melbourne Magistrates' Court.

A MAN is being questioned over the death of a mother after a domestic argument allegedly turned violent at a home in Melbourne's south-eastern suburbs.

Melbourne police hunt men over string of violent armed robberies

Melbourne shopkeeper praised for fending off knife-wielding bandits

Victorian supermarket robbed at gunpoint. Investigations are continuing.

Police investigate Mackay shooting

Police are treating the death of an 18-year-old man at Argoon as suspicious.

Police charge man after violent home invasion. It is alleged that around 12.30am, two men forced entry to a Campbell Ford Drive residence and struck a 30-year-old man in the head and jaw with a firearm.

It is further alleged the men searched the premises for drugs and discharged a firearm into the ceiling of the residence before fleeing the scene in a white sedan.

Police are investigating the armed robbery of a hotel at Burpengary for the second time since this month.

Police are investigating an armed robbery at a takeaway store in Morayfield yesterday where a firearm was discharged.

Armed robbery - Redcliffe

Armed robbery - Kippa Ring

Armed robbery - Burpengary

Two girls 2, 6, raped in Sydney public toilet

Victorian man seriously assaulted after being beaten in home invasion

Man shot in home invasion - Duntroon He's going to live.

20-year-old man stabbed to death at party - Atwell

Police are appealing for information after shots were fired into a house in Warrick overnight

Police are calling for witnesses after a man taken by car to the Lyell McEwen hospital about 9.50pm last night has died from stab wounds.

Youths charged with 110 offences, including home invasion and aggravated robbery

Police investigate Canberra homicide. It is the 3rd homicide to occur in the area in a week.

Last edited:

DW98

This is precisely why pepper spray should be legalized.

No one helped in Sydney abduction attempt.

A woman has questioned whether she will ever feel safe after no one came to her aid during an attempted abduction on a busy street in Sydney's west.

The 29-year-old, named only as Ada, was standing at an intersection in Liverpool on Monday afternoon when a small red hatchback pulled up in front of her.

Police say a man jumped out and told Ada to get in.

She saw three other men in the car and refused, but the man grabbed her and tried to force her in.

Ada told reporters on Wednesday she started screaming, shouting and asking for help.

The man let go of her and fled in the vehicle.

Despite the terrifying experience, no one came to help her.

"It's scary to think that this could happen in broad daylight with lots of people around," she said.

"It's scary because now I think, am I ever going to feel safe?"

Man finds headless body on morning walk in Sydney's west

Homicide detectives are investigating after a body was found in a vacant house in Sydney's west. The death is reported to be suspicious.

Sydney house riddled with bullets in early morning attack

In yet another shooting in Sydney, a family has escaped injury after their Arncliffe house was shot more than 20 times, about 3am Wednesday.

Man arrested following party shooting

Police say a 19-year-old man was shot at a party at Grainger Avenue in Mount Pritchard

Queensland burglaries/thefts up 42.6%

Sydney bank robbed in CBD heist

A MAN has made off with cash after threatening two tellers during a bank robbery in Sydney's CBD.

Homicide detectives are investigating after a woman was located deceased at a property in Middle Park

Armed men storm home in terrifying home invasion

A MOTHER has told of the terrifying moment three armed intruders held her captive in her home and threatened to kill her children if she didn't give them money.

The mother-of-three, who wished only to be known as Michelle, trembled in fear as she recalled finding the men in her Reservoir home.

The brazen burglars kicked in the back door of their Boldrewood Parade home as they slept around 6.25am on Tuesday.

Two of the men, armed with a handgun and crowbar, barged into her 13-year-old son's bedroom at the back of the house and held a gun to his head and demanded money.

When realising he was a child, they daringly moved through the home to find other victims.

"When I walked out there was two tall men, standing there with balaclavas on. They had a gun and a crowbar. They asked me for money, 'where's your money, where's your money'."

When the mother didn't comply, one of the men repeatedly clobbered her over the head with a gun.

She was then dragged around the house by her hair, even having her head smashed against the walls.

"By this point I was covered in blood from my head. I was very scared. My daughter said to me, 'mum' and I looked around and he had the gun pointed at my daughter's face.

The men stole $1000 and were last seen leaving the scene in a stolen Ford Fiesta.

Armed robberies committed by women have risen 40 per cent since 2004

Violent crime has risen 24% in Victoria, show statistics

Police investigate drive-by shooting - West Melbourne

Father in hospital after being shot outside home - South Australia

Police are hunting two men over a string of armed motel robberies in Melbourne's north west

AN elderly man has been beaten with metal bars in a robbery in the Logan area overnight.

Man beaten on Melbourne CBD bus

Police are appealing for information after the serious assault of a man on a NightRider bus.

It is believed three men approached the man and his girlfriend when they were at a bus stop near the corner of Swanston and Flinders Streets around 1.30am.

The men began to hassle the pair before both parties boarded the Epping bound bus.

A short time later, two of the men approached the victim while he was seated in the middle of the bus and after a brief conversation, one of the men allegedly head-butted him.

The two men then repeatedly struck the man to his head and body until the bus stopped in Russell Street near the intersection of Collins Street.

They then dragged the victim out of the bus onto the road where he was left unconscious and fled the scene with their associate.

18-year-old man beaten, stabbed during home invasion

Perth spike in police assaults

New crime figures show a spike in serious assaults on police, with officers being glassed, punched, kicked, bitten, attacked with knives and machetes, and even shot at.

Looting amid devastating Perth bushfires

Queensland Police to purchase water cannons due to riot concerns

DW98

It's legal in Western Australia, but apparently there's strict guidelines on when you can use it.

Police warn looters in Perth hills fire zone to 'expect firm action'

Police have warned anyone caught looting on the Perth Hills firezone would be met with the full force of the law, with a targeted operation running to prevent known criminals taking advantage of bushfire victims.

Reports emerged on Wednesday that properties within the so-called "hotzone" near Parkerville and Stoneville could have been targeted by thieves during the forced evacuation on Sunday.

Stoneville resident Greg Jones, who stayed to fight the fires, says since the flames receded he had seen and heard reports of looting.

"That is the other reason you need to stay is to protect your home from that."

Sydney man found dead with gunshot wounds

The murder of an 18-year-old man whose body was dumped outside a Melbourne hospital has been linked to a burnt-out car found 20km away on the same morning.

Campbellton house riddled with bullets in drive-by shooting

13-year-old girl gang raped. Suspects arrested Good work by the police but they can't be everywhere.

Meanwhile a young woman, aged 19, also has allegedly been raped in a separate attack on the approach to the Anzac Bridge in the early hours of yesterday morning.

Man dies after stabbing in Adelaide

A 29-YEAR-OLD man has been charged with murder after the stabbing death of another man in Adelaide's north.

Police are investigating are shots were fired at a man in Albury

Man found badly beaten, ear severed - Wellington (NSW)

A grandfather is in hospital and a dog has stab wounds after a vicious street fight

Four teens charged over brutal attack on tourists in tent

Brazen thieves attack carers in raid at special needs home

Woman recounts terrifying robbery ordeal at knifepoint

Police describe Park Avenue machete scene as 'chaos'

Brave shopkeeper fears more attacks

'Polite' alleged armed robber makes application for bail

Alleged Bandido remanded over ‘tomahawk’ robbery

Woman threatened as supermarket held up by armed robber

Man jailed for six years over knife-point robberies

70-year-old bashed in home invasion

Wooden bat, rake used in two violent assaults on Coast

Fleeing suspect struck by police car

Men robbed outside pub at gunpoint

Investigation underway after body found - West Hoxton

Police are appealing for information following an armed robbery at a store in Potts Point this morning.

Police have released CCTV images of a man they would like to speak to in relation to a robbery at a hotel in Sydney’s south west over the weekend.

Police are investigating three armed robberies from overnight that they believe may be linked.

Aggravated Burglary and Assault – Bluff Point

Police have charged two people after investigating an armed robbery at a Hillcrest residence.

Police are searching for two men who robbed a licenced club at Coolangatta last night.

Police have charged two women and a man with robbery, torture and assault following an incident that occurred in South Mackay early this morning.

Police are investigating an armed robbery that occurred in Bulimba this afternoon.

Last edited:

DW98

I saw this posted earlier by someone who attempted to use towards their anti-gun agenda, using gun violence in New York compared to Western Sydney (not the whole city of Sydney, just the western suburbs) as a statement. A bit unfair to compare the entire New York metro area to some suburbs to the west of Sydney.

Shootings in the New York metro area compared to Western Sydney.

Note that these are reported shootings taken from official police statistics only.

New York shootings from December 30th 2013 to January 5th 2014: 56. Population including NYC: Over 20 million.

Western Sydney shootings from December 30th 2013 to January 5th 2014: 8. Population: Slightly over 2 million.

If the population was the same, and assuming the shooting rate remained the same, which it wouldn't, western Sydney would have over 80 shootings, to New York's 56.

Mass brawls erupt in Central Sydney on second night of violence on city streets

Police brought in the riot squad as fights erupted in Sydney's CBD overnight, amid ongoing concerns about alcohol-fuelled violence in the city.

Man shot dead - Kingston

Police hospitalized after violent Sydney CBD attacks

Concerns over rising gun crime after schoolgirls robbed at gunpoint - North Melbourne

Police warn public not to approach dangerous fugitives

A body has been found as part of the Homicide Squad's suspicious missing person investigation. (Melbourne)

Shots fired into house, cars - Reservoir

Sydney woman wandered streets for a week following acid attack, police say.

Violent streets: families of victims push for sentencing reforms

Police investigate fatality in Gordon

Concerns for teenager last seen in Melbourne CBD 16 days ago.

The ice epidemic: regional Victoria looks for answers

Police use drone to search for gunman

Pair arrested after seriously assaulting shopping centre guard

Dog shot dead in violent burglary

Police hunt gang responsible for spate of armed robberies

Shot fired during chemist armed robbery

Police investigate pharmacy robberies

Shots fired into property - Moorland

Police officer stabbed during fight - Caboolture South

A man is in hospital with serious head injuries after he was knocked unconscious while trying to help a woman who was being robbed.

60-year-old man threatened with axes, firearm during home invasion - Hillcrest

DW98

Man charged with murder after barman stabbed to death at hotel in Lygon St, Carlton

Married couple found dead at house in Heidelberg West, Melbourne

Man, boys take cover during shooting

A man and two boys had to take cover behind a ute after a man fired shots towards them near Wagga Wagga in NSW's south.

Police officer who shot man dead at Westfield Parramatta 'deserves bravery award'

A police officer who shot dead an armed man in a busy shopping centre should be recognised for his bravery, a Sydney coroner says.

Man to stand trial accused of murder of baby

A man will stand trial later this year in the Supreme Court accused of sexually assaulting and murdering a baby boy in WA's north.

Police are appealing for information from the public after a woman was sexually assaulted in Glen Innes over the weekend.

Police have been told she was approached by a man carrying a knife and sexually assaulted.

Shotguns stolen during home invasion - Ultimo

Shots fired into property - Mt. Durritt

Home invasion & robbery - Camperdown

Shots fired into house - Bankstown

Man attacked with axe - Redfern

Pizza shop robbed at gunpoint - Springwood

Man's throat cut during Melbourne home invasion

Woman narrowly escapes death after shots fired into house - Cairns Police said the bullets were fired from a "high-powered gun". :uhoh:

Last edited:

DW98

Queensland bikie laws have failed to stop organised crime

A Queensland academic and former police detective with more than 25 years experience has labelled Queensland's anti-bikie laws a failure, as they have not curbed organised crime. Dr Terry Goldsworthy from Bond University has analysed arrest figures and statistics and says the laws, which were introduced three months ago, are ineffective and deeply flawed.

DW98

Interesting to note private security patrols have begun in my area. I was out for a walk last night and noticed several security cars driving around.

Random home invasions from Brisbane today.

Cash and jewelry stolen during home invasion - Sunnybank

Man injured in Rocklea home invasion

Break and enter and arson investigation - Urangan

Home invasion & rape - Mount Isa I was glad to see a lot of comments on this regarding our need for self-defense rights.

Motorcycles stolen in early morning home invasion - Slacks Creek

Apartment robbed at gunpoint - Cannon Hill

Home invasion - Deception Bay

Man beaten during home invasion at Clayfield

'I couldn't bear to look at my face': elderly woman tells of terror at violent home invasion Didn't happen today, just making a point.

Fears new Sydney drinking laws will push violence into the suburbs Like there isn't already violence in the suburbs...:rolleyes:

Gunman on the run after double shooting south of Brisbane

Queensland gang war escalates

Man arrested after hotel shooting leaves one injured

Man shot in the leg - Penrith

Bar patrons attacked in random youth gang attack A group of them attacked random people in the bar for no reason. 8 people in hospital.

Teenage girl raped in Sydney

A TEENAGE girl has been forced off a Sydney train and then sexually assaulted in a toilet block at the station, police say.

Shots fired in quiet suburban street following argument

Sydney woman found dead in "pool of blood" in busy carpark Her ex-husband did it.

Police officer injured trying to apprehend violent home invader

Shots fired into house - Croyden North

NSW man charged after machete rampage

Killer on the run after popular Melbourne grandmother found murdered

DW98

Riot police called in after clashes following fatal shooting

POLICE riot squad officers had to be called in after a group of young men clashed with officers at the scene of a fatal shooting in Sydney's southwest.
Police and ambulance paramedics responded to reports of a shooting at Equity Place in Canley Vale at about 2.45am (AEDT) on Sunday to find a man aged in his 20s on a footpath suffering gunshot wounds. Despite the efforts of paramedics, the man died at the scene outside an apartment block in the suspected drive-by shooting.

Other shootings have occurred as usual. Mostly drive-bys according to the news.

Man killed by group of armed intruders in Melbourne home invasion

A GROUP of armed men have beaten a 20-year-old man to death and injured two others after forcing their way into a Melbourne home.

Police say 10 men aged in their late teens to early 20s burst into a Deer Park home in the city's west last night, smashing windows and a car parked in the front driveway with edged weapons. They then confronted the seven people inside.

Detective Senior Sergeant Paul Tremain says the attack started around 10pm and was over in a matter of minutes.

DW98

This was amusing.

"A pleasant day out to a wildlife park reportedly turned sour when a visitor was accused of assaulting a man and threatening him with a knife – apparently because it was his turn to pat the koalas."

"According to the Australian Associated Press, the argument broke out when visitors were waiting their turn to stroke the koalas, with the accused man allegedly becoming aggressive after complaining it was his turn to pat them."

"Two bystanders tried to intervene and were also assaulted, as was a staff member at the wildlife park," police said.

Teen charged over double fatal stabbing

A male teenager has been charged with murder after the fatal stabbing of two people in a residential street west of Brisbane.

Toowoomba detectives charged the 16-year-old under the provisions of the Juvenile Justices Act.
The victims are reportedly the youth's mother and 12-year-old sister.

DW98

Man shot during Sydney wake

A man has been shot in the shoulder during a wake for a Sydney teenager shot over the weekend

69 year old man found beaten to death in south-east Melbourne

A MAN made a mercy call to police saying he had been attacked in his southeast Melbourne home moments before he died.

Alan Matthews, 69, is understood to have told the Triple 0 operator who his killer was.

Police have urged the man responsible to hand himself in.

Emergency services rushed to Mr Matthews' home in Henry St, Noble Park, after he made the frantic call about 3.30am.

They arrived to find him dead in his bathroom.

Last edited:

DW98

Armed man wearing clown mask terrorizing pedestrians in Melbourne

Police are looking for a man wearing a clown mask who threatened people with a gun in Melbourne's north-western suburbs.

There were three separate incidents in St Albans and Sydenham early on Tuesday morning.

A woman was approached by a man armed with a gun who got out of a car wearing a clown mask.

He started walking towards her but fled when another car approached.

A short time later, a man was threatened by the same masked man who wound down the window of the car and threatened him with a gun.

In the third incident, a man who was out for a run, saw the man point a firearm out the window.

The jogger was threatened before the car drove off.

I don't know why this is only being reported today. Another incident has since been reported.

Last edited:

DW98

I've been hearing a lot of people saying recently that the media censorship across the country is worse than we thought. There are allegedly at least 25 shootings in western Sydney per week, with 1 to 3 people being injured or killed by illegal firearms per day. Not sure if that's true or not, sounds plausible though.

Teen shot in the neck on suburban street in Melbourne's north not expected to walk again, police say

THE teenage victim of a drive-by shooting at Thomastown is not expected to walk again.

The 19-year-old was shot in the neck on Dalton Road on Saturday night after a brief confrontation with two men police believe he knew.

Sen Det Matthew Thorp from the Armed Crime Taskforce said the man would never fully recover from his injuries after being shot with a handgun.

"It's unlikely that he'll walk again," Sen Det Thorp said.

The victim was said to be walking along the Thomastown street with friends when two men in a car shouted for him to stop about 10.30pm.

According to police, the men did a U-turn, pulled over and got out of the car, one brandishing a handgun and the other a baseball bat.

"They've both approached the victim and the male with the handgun has shot the victim through the neck once and the victim has wandered off a few steps and collapsed," Detective Senior Constable David Shannon told 3AW.

A machete and pair of golf clubs have been discovered near where a man was shot.

A bloodstain was still visible on the footpath earlier today where he was shot, outside a house on the corner of Dalton Rd and Rochester Drive.

Mechanic escapes death after shooting Saw that on the news earlier, can't find an article to go with it. Long story short, he was working at a house when someone started firing a shotgun through the front window.

'George Street is an extremely dangerous place': paramedics

An alleged assault on a female paramedic working in the Sydney CBD early on Sunday morning is part of a growing trend that saw a 50 per cent rise in assaults on paramedics last year, the NSW Ambulance Service says.

"This is another example of Sydney CBD [being] out of control. George Street is an extremely dangerous place for paramedics"

Shotgun attack on pizza bar

The owner of a pizza bar targeted in a brazen shotgun attack says security roller doors probably saved a worker's life.

Bond University students' HIV fears after stab death at Mermaid Beach on the Gold Coast

TWO Bond University students are facing a nervous wait after trying to save a man who bled to death outside a Mermaid Beach unit after a knife attack at the weekend.

One of the two men involved in the bloody stabbing is believed to be HIV positive.

The students were at a home in Heron Ave when they heard screaming from a neighbouring property about 10.30pm on Saturday.

They rushed to help a man who had been stabbed in the stomach; one woman starting chest compressions as the other breathed into his mouth.

The man, 32, died at the scene. A 40-year-old man will appear in Southport Magistrates Court today charged with murder.

Last edited:

DW98

In other news, I got banned from commenting on the Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America page :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: