Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 57

Thread: Democrat bundler financing Sarvis Campaign

  1. #1
    Activist Member JamesCanby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Posts
    1,543

    Democrat bundler financing Sarvis Campaign

    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...natorial-race/

    FUQ:
    Campaign finance records show the Libertarian Booster PAC has made the largest independent contribution to Sarvis’ campaign, helping to pay for professional petition circulators who collected signatures necessary to get Sarvis’ name on Tuesday’s statewide ballot.

    Austin, Texas, software billionaire Joe Liemandt is the Libertarian Booster PAC’s major benefactor. He’s also a top bundler for President Barack Obama. This revelation comes as Virginia voters head to the polls Tuesday in an election where some observers say the third-party gubernatorial candidate could be a spoiler for Republican Ken Cuccinelli.


    What say you now, Sarvis supporters?
    Last edited by JamesCanby; 11-05-2013 at 11:51 AM. Reason: ETA FUQ
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection
    Maryland Qualified Handgun Instructor
    Certified Instructor, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.
    Member, Mt. Washington Rod & Gun Club
    National Sporting Clays Association Certified Referee

  2. #2
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Boy....I can't wait for the misunderstood Sarvis bunch to jump on this thread.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NoVA
    Posts
    39
    I am sure it is just a coincidence. And just another coincidence that a true lover of liberty like Sarvis took funding from a leading member of the Statist party.

    And another coincidence that the news didn't come out until too late to have a material impact on the election.

  4. #4
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by aisiguy View Post
    I am sure it is just a coincidence. And just another coincidence that a true lover of liberty like Sarvis took funding from a leading member of the Statist party.

    And another coincidence that the news didn't come out until too late to have a material impact on the election.
    Yep...that explains it.
    I knew it had to be something like that.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,171

    Wait for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Boy....I can't wait for the misunderstood Sarvis bunch to jump on this thread.
    But, but, but......but, but, but.....He said he was a Libertarian.

    LOL Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

    Not only was he a bad Republican, but a NObama dupe!

    Virginia is soooooooo screwed.

  6. #6
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by va_tazdad View Post
    But, but, but......but, but, but.....He said he was a Libertarian.

    LOL Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

    Not only was he a bad Republican, but a NObama dupe!

    Virginia is soooooooo screwed.
    Hmmmmm

    Sarvis
    Judas

    Sound alike.
    Check those donations and see if 40 pieces of silver are listed.

  7. #7
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580

    Hell, HE ain’t even old timey!”

    See, I belong to a certain secret society. I don’t believe I gotta mention its name, you know?” AND
    Hell, HE ain’t even old timey!”


  8. #8
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580

    ..........

  9. #9
    Regular Member wylde007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Va Beach, Occupied VA
    Posts
    3,037

    Lightbulb This is what I totally read:

    First time through: "Democrat BUNGLER financing Sarvis campaign".

    There are a lot of things wrong with each of the candidates. McAwful and the Cooch are carpetbaggers. Sarvis is a neolibertarian (among other things). Cooch was a milquetoast AG. McAwful concentrated a majority of his campaign on abortion/birth control and "global warming".

    The way it came up about his severe anti stance in the 11th hour has not played well for him best I can tell. Someone reported to me earlier that the polls showed 50/35/15 Cooch/Awful/Sarvis at midday.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

    Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

  10. #10
    Founder's Club Member Tess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    3,765
    Doesn't change my mind.

    Sarvis got my vote not because he's Sarvis, but because is isn't Cuccinelli or McAuliffe.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

  11. #11
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Tess View Post
    Doesn't change my mind.

    Sarvis got my vote not because he's Sarvis, but because is isn't Cuccinelli or McAuliffe.
    I had already cast mine for Cuccinelli. I did cruise the polls some a little while ago and talked to some of the Poll Workers for Sarvis.

    All but one answered yes when I asked if he had always been Libertarian One said they had to shange things, when I asked what things he said "Things".

    The turnout is better than I expected. Around 50% where I checked. One poll worker told me I couldn't have a camera inside until I told him to look it up.

    I had a normal discussion with one Democratic supporter.

    Watching the results tonight will be interesting if nothing else. Always fun watching the drunks too.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NoVA
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by wylde007 View Post
    McAwful and the Cooch are carpetbaggers.
    Anyone who looks at McAuliffe's background would have to agree with you on him as carpetbagger.

    I am somewhat mystified on Cooch as one. Looking at Wiki, he has lived in VA since 1987 or so, three VA colleges for education. Law practice in VA, elected to represent his district in Richmond, VA AG... What in his background makes him a carpetbagger? That he was born outside VA?

  13. #13
    Regular Member HPmatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,597
    Quote Originally Posted by Tess View Post
    Sarvis got my vote not because he's Sarvis, but because is isn't Cuccinelli or McAuliffe.
    Looks like we've identified another one of the 3,000 lucky VA voters responsible for the ushering in the McAuliffe/Clinton Old Dominion Gun Registration and Act of 2014. Don't ask me if Houston or Dallas are the best places to live in Texas. You and Marshaul have offset the votes of my daughter & her TN college friend that voted for Cuccinelli. The good thing is they'll be graduating next year and leaving VA. Sorry for all the friends we have made in Lexington who have to endure at least 4 years of tyranny. Btw, what is the motto of VA? Looks like the peeps might want to dust that one off.
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

  14. #14
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    Looks like we've identified another one of the 3,000 lucky VA voters responsible for the ushering in the McAuliffe/Clinton Old Dominion Gun Registration and Act of 2014. Don't ask me if Houston or Dallas are the best places to live in Texas. You and Marshaul have offset the votes of my daughter & her TN college friend that voted for Cuccinelli. The good thing is they'll be graduating next year and leaving VA. Sorry for all the friends we have made in Lexington who have to endure at least 4 years of tyranny. Btw, what is the motto of VA? Looks like the peeps might want to dust that one off.
    That can work in more than one direction, HPMatt:

    "Looks like I've identified another a$$nole who is willing to afflict me with government because he's too gutless to just deny the legitimacy of ruling others without their consent."

    If McAulliffe wins, he will be the first person responsible for his misdeeds in office, not Tess.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  15. #15
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    I'm floored by the thoughtfulness and intellectualism evident in this thread.

    /sarcasm

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Hmmmmm

    Sarvis
    Judas

    Sound alike.
    Check those donations and see if 40 pieces of silver are listed.
    GOP needs the change their positions on several political points ... otherwise, it will be a meaningless party.

    As shown today.

  17. #17
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    GOP needs the change their positions on several political points ... otherwise, it will be a meaningless party.

    As shown today.
    Yup.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Yup.
    And they don't like being told so .... in the VA forum, I am not well liked for pointing out their losing strategy.

    I doubt that they have any idea on how to work the political system ...

    As if I cared.

    I have not met a GOP candidate that is a true supporter of the 2nd amendment - they all support some limits on it

    If the folks in VA, the members here, really supported the 2nd amendment they would have tossed their hat into another ring.

    There is no "better" ... there is only those that fully support the 2nd amendment ... my votes always go to them .. 1000% of the time.

    The LP website on gun laws:

    http://www.lp.org/issues/gun-laws
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 11-06-2013 at 03:50 AM.

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Granite State of Mind
    Posts
    4,509
    Once again, the Republican faithful have spoiled the election and put a Democrat into office by not voting for the Libertarian.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NoVA
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    Once again, the Republican faithful have spoiled the election and put a Democrat into office by not voting for the Libertarian.
    Let's call things for what they actually are. Virginians have put a Statist - indebted to and actively pushing the Bloomberg gun seizure agenda - into office. The gun control push will begin as soon as they can finish aligning the right pieces. Now that Bloomberg has found his path to success in VA, he will repeat this process on many smaller races where the Republicans have even fewer resources than Cuccinelli could tap.

    Since Low Information Voters bought the Statist propaganda positioning Cuccinelli as extreme, they will buy it again when massive Bloomberg funding replays this strategy in the election of state senators and delegates. And many of those who don't buy the 'main' Statist position, have shown that they will vote for the stalking horse, fake 'Libertarian' candidates funded by the Statists.

    I never would have believed that people who endorse the freedoms of the second amendment would eagerly and publicly throw away their vote to stop the avowed gun grabbers from taking control of the VA state government. Especially since McAuliffe/Bloomberg made this a corner piece of the campaign! But here we are.

    Live and learn.
    Last edited by aisiguy; 11-06-2013 at 06:28 AM.

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NoVA
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    ?.. There is no "better" ... there is only those that fully support the 2nd amendment ... my votes always go to them .. 1000% of the time.

    The LP website on gun laws:

    http://www.lp.org/issues/gun-laws
    Maybe there is no 'better' in your view. However, since the fake 'Libertarian' running this time was a willing tool of the Leftists/Statist - who used him to get the control they wanted - there is clearly a 'worse'. And now we are going to get it, good and hard.

  22. #22
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by aisiguy View Post
    I never would have believed that people who endorse the freedoms of the second amendment would eagerly and publicly throw away their vote to stop the avowed gun grabbers from taking control of the VA state government. Especially since McAuliffe/Bloomberg made this a corner piece of the campaign! But here we are.

    Live and learn.
    You're new here so you haven't heard me say this before.

    Just because someone owns a gun doesn't make him my friend, brother, or co defender of our rights. It just means his AmEx is paid up and he can afford a gun.

    Not all gun owners here believe in the 2A. Some hold the 2.5A sacred (Permit ownership and carry only), some follow the 2A even though they're forced to have a permit...some of us refuse the permits and have to OC only.....some....are just too stupid to really believe in anything.

  23. #23
    Regular Member Thundar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,961
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCanby View Post
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...natorial-race/

    FUQ:
    Campaign finance records show the Libertarian Booster PAC has made the largest independent contribution to Sarvis’ campaign, helping to pay for professional petition circulators who collected signatures necessary to get Sarvis’ name on Tuesday’s statewide ballot.

    Austin, Texas, software billionaire Joe Liemandt is the Libertarian Booster PAC’s major benefactor. He’s also a top bundler for President Barack Obama. This revelation comes as Virginia voters head to the polls Tuesday in an election where some observers say the third-party gubernatorial candidate could be a spoiler for Republican Ken Cuccinelli.


    What say you now, Sarvis supporters?
    I know many on the forum are very bitter about the election. The Cooch might have pulled it off if Sarvis had not run.

    The real problem for the Cooch was the terrible campaign that he ran, not that the Libertarian Party was on the ballot.

    Republicans continue to fight a very nasty ballot access war against Libertarians in Virginia. They even fight against some Republicans (remember what they did to Ron Paul supporters in the 3rd congressional district).

    Republicans cannot win a "two front war" in Virginia. Smart Republicans should recognize this and try to create peace with Libertarians. Strategic thinking Republicans should try to support the growing Green Party in Virginia. Little threat to Republicans, but a huge issue for Democrats in close races.

    A libertarian PAC took money from a Democrat. The libertarian PAC used some of its money to ensure Libertarians had ballot access in Virginia. This does not make Sarvis a shill for anybody. To suggest otherwise would require a two step vetting process, not only of PACs, but to all of the donors to PACs. This is a standard that neither Ds or Rs are held to. I could easily make a similar story asking why The Cooch accepts money from Holocaust Denial people or why Terry took money from Communists.

    The story was a last minute desperation hit piece from Glen Beck, Inc. It is very amusing to see Glen Beck, of all people, trying to define a Libertarian.

    Live Free or Die,
    Thundar
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

    The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

  24. #24
    Regular Member Thundar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,961
    Quote Originally Posted by aisiguy View Post
    I am sure it is just a coincidence. And just another coincidence that a true lover of liberty like Sarvis took funding from a leading member of the Statist party.

    And another coincidence that the news didn't come out until too late to have a material impact on the election.
    To which statist party are you referring sir, the Democrat statists or the Republican statists? One must be clear because of the significant overlap between the two.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

    The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

  25. #25
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post
    I know many on the forum are very bitter about the election. The Cooch might have pulled it off if Sarvis had not run.

    The real problem for the Cooch was the terrible campaign that he ran, not that the Libertarian Party was on the ballot.

    Republicans continue to fight a very nasty ballot access war against Libertarians in Virginia. They even fight against some Republicans (remember what they did to Ron Paul supporters in the 3rd congressional district).

    Republicans cannot win a "two front war" in Virginia. Smart Republicans should recognize this and try to create peace with Libertarians. Strategic thinking Republicans should try to support the growing Green Party in Virginia. Little threat to Republicans, but a huge issue for Democrats in close races.

    A libertarian PAC took money from a Democrat. The libertarian PAC used some of its money to ensure Libertarians had ballot access in Virginia. This does not make Sarvis a shill for anybody. To suggest otherwise would require a two step vetting process, not only of PACs, but to all of the donors to PACs. This is a standard that neither Ds or Rs are held to. I could easily make a similar story asking why The Cooch accepts money from Holocaust Denial people or why Terry took money from Communists.

    The story was a last minute desperation hit piece from Glen Beck, Inc. It is very amusing to see Glen Beck, of all people, trying to define a Libertarian.

    Live Free or Die,
    Thundar
    I'm not bitter Thundar and I agree with most of what you just said, always have except for the fact that he couldn't win and the end result of splitting the vote would have very bad results...I know, Tess said it didn't take her vote away but the world doesn't revolve around Tess and the simple fact is anything over 2% for Sarvis was being taken from one party or the other.

    Cuccinelly ran a perfectly horrible campaign and even though I was hoping he'd pull a rabbit out of his hat, I knew the results of that election before I set foot in that ball room.
    Our new Governor will be a major problem for us but Tess said she'd come down and fight for our rights, so I feel better.

    I don't agree about Sarvis though. He is not what he appears and therefore, no better than the other two. This election was a cluster from the convention to date.

    The PAC's need work all around. VCDL for instance bases their endorsements on their survey which is far too pushy to get an honest answer from. They didn't endorse Chris Peace because he didn't return the survey and that's his policy...he just doesn't respond to them and relies on his voting record which is very good for us. That wasn't looked at for endorsements but the PAC keeps asking for money to support shallow endorsements. The candidates that filled it out as all Y's were just shoveling road apples to bob with.

    Sarvis didn't even earn the 10% so everyone is a loser in this election ....except Bloomberg!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •