• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Democrat bundler financing Sarvis Campaign

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...d-libertarian-in-tight-va-gubernatorial-race/

FUQ:
Campaign finance records show the Libertarian Booster PAC has made the largest independent contribution to Sarvis’ campaign, helping to pay for professional petition circulators who collected signatures necessary to get Sarvis’ name on Tuesday’s statewide ballot.

Austin, Texas, software billionaire Joe Liemandt is the Libertarian Booster PAC’s major benefactor. He’s also a top bundler for President Barack Obama. This revelation comes as Virginia voters head to the polls Tuesday in an election where some observers say the third-party gubernatorial candidate could be a spoiler for Republican Ken Cuccinelli.

What say you now, Sarvis supporters?

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Boy....I can't wait for the misunderstood Sarvis bunch to jump on this thread. :lol::uhoh::lol:

aisiguy

I am sure it is just a coincidence. And just another coincidence that a true lover of liberty like Sarvis took funding from a leading member of the Statist party.

And another coincidence that the news didn't come out until too late to have a material impact on the election.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I am sure it is just a coincidence. And just another coincidence that a true lover of liberty like Sarvis took funding from a leading member of the Statist party.

And another coincidence that the news didn't come out until too late to have a material impact on the election.

Yep...that explains it. :uhoh:
I knew it had to be something like that.

va_tazdad

Wait for it.

Boy....I can't wait for the misunderstood Sarvis bunch to jump on this thread. :lol::uhoh::lol:

But, but, but......but, but, but.....He said he was a Libertarian.

LOL Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Not only was he a bad Republican, but a NObama dupe!

Virginia is soooooooo screwed.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
But, but, but......but, but, but.....He said he was a Libertarian.

LOL Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Not only was he a bad Republican, but a NObama dupe!

Virginia is soooooooo screwed.

Hmmmmm

Sarvis
Judas

Sound alike.
Check those donations and see if 40 pieces of silver are listed.:lol::lol:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Hell, HE ain’t even old timey!”

See, I belong to a certain secret society. I don’t believe I gotta mention its name, you know?” AND
Hell, HE ain’t even old timey!”

4a91e7d9992e11e090be12313b10052d_small

wylde007

This is what I totally read:

First time through: "Democrat BUNGLER financing Sarvis campaign".

There are a lot of things wrong with each of the candidates. McAwful and the Cooch are carpetbaggers. Sarvis is a neolibertarian (among other things). Cooch was a milquetoast AG. McAwful concentrated a majority of his campaign on abortion/birth control and "global warming".

The way it came up about his severe anti stance in the 11th hour has not played well for him best I can tell. Someone reported to me earlier that the polls showed 50/35/15 Cooch/Awful/Sarvis at midday.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Doesn't change my mind.

Sarvis got my vote not because he's Sarvis, but because is isn't Cuccinelli or McAuliffe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Doesn't change my mind.

Sarvis got my vote not because he's Sarvis, but because is isn't Cuccinelli or McAuliffe.

I had already cast mine for Cuccinelli. I did cruise the polls some a little while ago and talked to some of the Poll Workers for Sarvis.

All but one answered yes when I asked if he had always been Libertarian :lol: One said they had to shange things, when I asked what things he said "Things".

The turnout is better than I expected. Around 50% where I checked. One poll worker told me I couldn't have a camera inside until I told him to look it up.

I had a normal discussion with one Democratic supporter. :uhoh:

Watching the results tonight will be interesting if nothing else. Always fun watching the drunks too.:banana:

aisiguy

McAwful and the Cooch are carpetbaggers.

Anyone who looks at McAuliffe's background would have to agree with you on him as carpetbagger.

I am somewhat mystified on Cooch as one. Looking at Wiki, he has lived in VA since 1987 or so, three VA colleges for education. Law practice in VA, elected to represent his district in Richmond, VA AG... What in his background makes him a carpetbagger? That he was born outside VA?

HPmatt

Looks like we've identified another one of the 3,000 lucky VA voters responsible for the ushering in the McAuliffe/Clinton Old Dominion Gun Registration and Act of 2014. Don't ask me if Houston or Dallas are the best places to live in Texas. You and Marshaul have offset the votes of my daughter & her TN college friend that voted for Cuccinelli. The good thing is they'll be graduating next year and leaving VA. Sorry for all the friends we have made in Lexington who have to endure at least 4 years of tyranny. Btw, what is the motto of VA? Looks like the peeps might want to dust that one off.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Looks like we've identified another one of the 3,000 lucky VA voters responsible for the ushering in the McAuliffe/Clinton Old Dominion Gun Registration and Act of 2014. Don't ask me if Houston or Dallas are the best places to live in Texas. You and Marshaul have offset the votes of my daughter & her TN college friend that voted for Cuccinelli. The good thing is they'll be graduating next year and leaving VA. Sorry for all the friends we have made in Lexington who have to endure at least 4 years of tyranny. Btw, what is the motto of VA? Looks like the peeps might want to dust that one off.

That can work in more than one direction, HPMatt:

"Looks like I've identified another a$$nole who is willing to afflict me with government because he's too gutless to just deny the legitimacy of ruling others without their consent."

If McAulliffe wins, he will be the first person responsible for his misdeeds in office, not Tess.

davidmcbeth

Banned

And they don't like being told so .... in the VA forum, I am not well liked for pointing out their losing strategy.

I doubt that they have any idea on how to work the political system ...

As if I cared.

I have not met a GOP candidate that is a true supporter of the 2nd amendment - they all support some limits on it

If the folks in VA, the members here, really supported the 2nd amendment they would have tossed their hat into another ring.

There is no "better" ... there is only those that fully support the 2nd amendment ... my votes always go to them .. 1000% of the time.

The LP website on gun laws:

http://www.lp.org/issues/gun-laws

Last edited:

aisiguy

Once again, the Republican faithful have spoiled the election and put a Democrat into office by not voting for the Libertarian.

Let's call things for what they actually are. Virginians have put a Statist - indebted to and actively pushing the Bloomberg gun seizure agenda - into office. The gun control push will begin as soon as they can finish aligning the right pieces. Now that Bloomberg has found his path to success in VA, he will repeat this process on many smaller races where the Republicans have even fewer resources than Cuccinelli could tap.

Since Low Information Voters bought the Statist propaganda positioning Cuccinelli as extreme, they will buy it again when massive Bloomberg funding replays this strategy in the election of state senators and delegates. And many of those who don't buy the 'main' Statist position, have shown that they will vote for the stalking horse, fake 'Libertarian' candidates funded by the Statists.

I never would have believed that people who endorse the freedoms of the second amendment would eagerly and publicly throw away their vote to stop the avowed gun grabbers from taking control of the VA state government. Especially since McAuliffe/Bloomberg made this a corner piece of the campaign! But here we are.

Live and learn.

Last edited: