Thread: Weird behavior of a customer at the Golden Corral

Weird behavior of a customer at the Golden Corral

On Nov 3 my wife and I opened carried at the Golden Corral located by the Fairfield Commons mall in Beavercreek. Everyone was great during the entire experience except for one customer who acted rather weird. My wife noticed him as he passed by her going to the food bar uttering the comment "that ain 't right" then he noticed me standing by the table and belched the words everyone could hear "we got-ta
    leave...this can't be like this". This person is such a real gentleman. He wears a jogging suit with a nasty looking bandana/nylon wrap. He pants were drooping and he performs the crotch grab as much as he can. He walk's frantically between where his family is seated and the cash registers several times. We could see him talking to the management and every time he passing by us we received the evil look. He finally left along with his family after receiving a refund.
    The behavior displayed by this individual is rare but has been noted in our travels around Dayton before and when we try to analyze it, we conclude...
    1. The person is a criminal; carry's a weapon and dislikes armed citizens because it's a threat to them
    2. The person is so fearful of people carrying guns because they have been hurt themselves.
    3. They live in a bad section of town that always has shootings. That makes them afraid.
    Has anyone run into anyone acting this way while carrying?
    Last edited by Makarov; 11-05-2013 at 06:24 PM.

Not I.

Banned
    I've ran into people like that everywhere .. from even a pro-2nd tee shirt ....

And you live in Ohio ... are there bad places in Ohio? lol

I would have stopped and said "what ain't right?" ... if he's a commie, I would treat him as such ...

Twice if I remember correctly, but never said anything to my face ( spineless, I guess ), once in a restuarant, another time in a grocery store.

Pics or it didn't happen.

In this age of ubiquitous cams and cellphones why post this if you don't have any evidence? You'd think that would have been your first though, video this moron.

At any rate, I still don't get your point in posting. What do you want us to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    ...At any rate, I still don't get your point in posting. What do you want us to do?
    Maybe answer the question he asked to generate further discussion on weird anti-gun behavior?

...Has anyone run into anyone acting this way while carrying?
    Not toward me. Conversations have happened, generally civil, but nothing as oddly passive aggressive as the behavior you described.
    Last edited by ATM; 11-07-2013 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    Really dude??? Go back to 4Chan.

Ill vouch for Makarov, even though I know I don't have to.

To get on topic I've had citizen reaction including a fellow in Huber Heights explain his view of the law to me, but nothing close to what Makarov describes.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RCall View Post
    Really dude??? Go back to 4Chan.

Ill vouch for Makarov, even though I know I don't have to.

To get on topic I've had citizen reaction including a fellow in Huber Heights explain his view of the law to me, but nothing close to what Makarov describes.
    +1

It's not like he is making some boastful or outlandish claim. He is remarking on an unusual event and trying to get us thinking/discussing.

We don't see you enough here, Roy. We worry about your situation. Hope things are going well with your efforts

As to the OP's question: That is weird. No, nothing like that has ever happened to me. From your account, the guy sounds a tad mentally ill.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    ...the guy sounds a tad mentally ill.
    I think you've hit on it right there. Hoplophobia is real.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    What does a caring, sensitive person feel when they are forced to use a handgun to stop a threat?

Recoil.

I see many weird people at any Golden Corral, not as weird as the OP describes, but many weird people nonetheless.

mebbe he was just mad. couldn't open carry while wearing sweat pants.