Thread: Lobby Day 2014

Lobby Day 2014

When's the date for Lobby Day next year? Is it in January, King Day again?

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VaGunTrader View Post
    It's always on MLK day!

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    It's always on MLK day!
    Good, everyone needs to be there.

See ya there !!!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    January 20th.

VCDL rally at the Bell Tower at 11:00 A.M.

Lobby work to be done before and after.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

We will be there.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Time to be blunt and unpopular

Lobby day has been slipping for several years now....I know, I know and I don't care what VCDLsays about the numbers. Can't count Tea Party or Motorcycle or hecklers or the secret police. Our numbers have dropped.

Read my "Time Out" Post. We need to get our asses there no matter what else is going on!

Show up and be counted on

I agree, Peter, turnout has been decreasing. I have worked the last 3 Lobby Days and my first was bigger than the more recent ones. Last year we did not even have speakers to entertain the "crowd". I will be there again and, will if so blessed, lead another team. We can make a lot of the antis uncomfortable and we should, we must. They need to know that there ARE a lot of us. Nothing does this better than our smiling faces in their face. They will try to get away with tons of crap if they think we are not watching. Seeing the "whites of our eyes" up close and personal (and ARMED which I dearly love) reminds them that we do watch.
    Appleseed, Virginia State Coordinator
    Are you a Rifleman yet?
    http://appleseedinfo.org

Missed last year only because of a raging case of bronchitis. Barring recurring illness/extreme bad weather, I plan on attending.

Game over.

Next 4 years: defense only.

1st time this year.

This is something I will continue to do even after working all night as I do. The "holiday" is never a day off for me, but I saw how important this is.

I will be there.

Go Platinum

Note that Lobby Day (like all of our events) is open to all of your friends & family.

Bring your spouse, significant other, AND your kids - let them see how citizen involvement works and prepare the next generation.

Women are golden to the cause - kids take it to the platinum level.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Theres a post about Lobby Day on the AR15 website, Virginia section.
    I've got a whole section devoted to it on VaGunTrader.
    Of course the VCDL will putting the word out.

What else can we do to gain the attention of gun owners that won't be viewing these websites? I see sporting good stores and gun shops as being great places to advertise Lobby Day.

Ideas?

Theres a post about Lobby Day on the AR15 website, Virginia section.
    I've got a whole section devoted to it on VaGunTrader.
    Of course the VCDL will putting the word out.

What else can we do to gain the attention of gun owners that won't be viewing these websites? I see sporting good stores and gun shops as being great places to advertise Lobby Day.

Ideas?
    Go beyond the traditional.

Almost every grocery store, drug store, quick stop, etc has a bulletin board - post a notice and invitation there too.

Social media

As much as it pains me to suggest, Facebook and such would be good for recruitment. I have no presence there but someone is bound to be able to get the word out there. Make it the thing to do on that day. Be seen there, tweet from there, instagram from there, be photographed there. Post pictures of armed people peacably meeting with with their representatives.
    Appleseed, Virginia State Coordinator
    Are you a Rifleman yet?
    http://appleseedinfo.org

Lobby day has been slipping for several years now....I know, I know and I don't care what VCDLsays about the numbers. Can't count Tea Party or Motorcycle or hecklers or the secret police. Our numbers have dropped.

Read my "Time Out" Post. We need to get our asses there no matter what else is going on!
    I agree, and despite the amount of B@#$h#t we are going to be facing in the next 4 years, I think this election may be beneficial in the end. I think gun owners in VA, myself included, have gotten complacent over the last few years.

We've had majority in the house, senate and Gov. mansion, and they've fed us enough small victories that most people aren't aware or upset about the REAL advancements of rights that got pushed aside and killed by "our" guys on the right.

Maybe this **** in office will be the kick in the pants we need for people to realize that where we are is still FAR from where we should be, and simply holding our ground is not enough. We need to PUSH FORWARD on every level. From Constitutional carry to illegal postage charges (looking at you Fairfax county), and realize that when we move forward we aren't gaining ground, we're just recovering some of what had previously been lost, which is what all gun owners should be pi$#ed off about.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wolfhound View Post
    As much as it pains me to suggest, Facebook and such would be good for recruitment. I have no presence there but someone is bound to be able to get the word out there. Make it the thing to do on that day. Be seen there, tweet from there, instagram from there, be photographed there. Post pictures of armed people peacably meeting with with their representatives.

There is mention on facebook. I presume that mention will become more and more pronounced as January nears.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

http://www.vaguntrader.com/forums/ub...595#Post624595

Interesting read.

Self censorship....
    Last edited by Marco; 11-10-2013 at 06:25 PM.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin