• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lobby Day 2014

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Time to be blunt and unpopular:uhoh:

Lobby day has been slipping for several years now....I know, I know and I don't care what VCDLsays about the numbers. Can't count Tea Party or Motorcycle or hecklers or the secret police. Our numbers have dropped.

Read my "Time Out" Post. We need to get our asses there no matter what else is going on!

The Wolfhound

Show up and be counted on

I agree, Peter, turnout has been decreasing. I have worked the last 3 Lobby Days and my first was bigger than the more recent ones. Last year we did not even have speakers to entertain the "crowd". I will be there again and, will if so blessed, lead another team. We can make a lot of the antis uncomfortable and we should, we must. They need to know that there ARE a lot of us. Nothing does this better than our smiling faces in their face. They will try to get away with tons of crap if they think we are not watching. Seeing the "whites of our eyes" up close and personal (and ARMED which I dearly love) reminds them that we do watch.

va_tazdad

1st time this year.

This is something I will continue to do even after working all night as I do. The "holiday" is never a day off for me, but I saw how important this is.

I will be there.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Go Platinum

Note that Lobby Day (like all of our events) is open to all of your friends & family.

Bring your spouse, significant other, AND your kids - let them see how citizen involvement works and prepare the next generation.

Women are golden to the cause - kids take it to the platinum level.

VaGunTrader

Theres a post about Lobby Day on the AR15 website, Virginia section.
I've got a whole section devoted to it on VaGunTrader.
Of course the VCDL will putting the word out.

What else can we do to gain the attention of gun owners that won't be viewing these websites? I see sporting good stores and gun shops as being great places to advertise Lobby Day.

Ideas?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Theres a post about Lobby Day on the AR15 website, Virginia section.
I've got a whole section devoted to it on VaGunTrader.
Of course the VCDL will putting the word out.

What else can we do to gain the attention of gun owners that won't be viewing these websites? I see sporting good stores and gun shops as being great places to advertise Lobby Day.

Ideas?

Go beyond the traditional.

Almost every grocery store, drug store, quick stop, etc has a bulletin board - post a notice and invitation there too.

The Wolfhound

Social media

As much as it pains me to suggest, Facebook and such would be good for recruitment. I have no presence there but someone is bound to be able to get the word out there. Make it the thing to do on that day. Be seen there, tweet from there, instagram from there, be photographed there. Post pictures of armed people peacably meeting with with their representatives.

builtjeep

Time to be blunt and unpopular:uhoh:

Lobby day has been slipping for several years now....I know, I know and I don't care what VCDLsays about the numbers. Can't count Tea Party or Motorcycle or hecklers or the secret police. Our numbers have dropped.

Read my "Time Out" Post. We need to get our asses there no matter what else is going on!

I agree, and despite the amount of B@#$h#t we are going to be facing in the next 4 years, I think this election may be beneficial in the end. I think gun owners in VA, myself included, have gotten complacent over the last few years.

We've had majority in the house, senate and Gov. mansion, and they've fed us enough small victories that most people aren't aware or upset about the REAL advancements of rights that got pushed aside and killed by "our" guys on the right.

Maybe this **** in office will be the kick in the pants we need for people to realize that where we are is still FAR from where we should be, and simply holding our ground is not enough. We need to PUSH FORWARD on every level. From Constitutional carry to illegal postage charges (looking at you Fairfax county), and realize that when we move forward we aren't gaining ground, we're just recovering some of what had previously been lost, which is what all gun owners should be pi$#ed off about.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
As much as it pains me to suggest, Facebook and such would be good for recruitment. I have no presence there but someone is bound to be able to get the word out there. Make it the thing to do on that day. Be seen there, tweet from there, instagram from there, be photographed there. Post pictures of armed people peacably meeting with with their representatives.

There is mention on facebook. I presume that mention will become more and more pronounced as January nears.