Thread: Libertarian Impact upon Virginia Red/Blue Map

Libertarian Impact upon Virginia Red/Blue Map

Virginia Gov election map 2013.pdf

Here is a map of what the typical blue Red map looks like when the Libertarian came to the 2013 Gov election. Blue = D Red = R Green= neither D or R majority
    Last edited by Thundar; 11-06-2013 at 06:04 PM.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Looks to me like Sarvis "stole" as many votes from blue counties as from red. Possibly more, as I've been suspecting all along.

It really does not matter, either Hillary or Christie will be in the white house in a few years. Christie is nothing more than a fat Hillary with a penis. Once Scalia retires the SCOTUS will push progressive agenda even harder. We will lose our rights, including 2A. Some gun owners just do not get it, maybe they will after it is too late.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    It really does not matter, either Hillary or Christie will be in the white house in a few years. Christie is nothing more than a fat Hillary with a penis. Once Scalia retires the SCOTUS will push progressive agenda even harder. We will lose our rights, including 2A. Some gun owners just do not get it, maybe they will after it is too late.
    Scalia is not the greatest pro-2nd amendment guy. But when gone, a liberal will be put into the positions and unless its a flip-flopper (like A***hole Roberts) we may end up all being criminals. So be it.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Scalia is not the greatest pro-2nd amendment guy. But when gone, a liberal will be put into the positions and unless its a flip-flopper (like A***hole Roberts) we may end up all being criminals. So be it.
    I don't get the numb thought of some of you. No he is not down the line constitution 2A, BUT you would rather get bit by a black mambo than live with a mosquito. And that is what it boils down to. It is one of the reasons I have black powder antique guns because of people like you. You would rather lose your rights completely to make a dumb point.

Totally senseless. Once the right is gone, IT IS GONE FOREVER, keep playing the lesser evil is worse than the greater evil game and see where it gets you. It is not surprising that people from oppressive states with little to no rights don't understand rights once lost seldom come back. Maybe you just like to have the oppression to whine about it.

Damn what the hell happened to common sense in this country?!
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

I don't get the numb thought of some of you. No he is not down the line constitution 2A, BUT you would rather get bit by a black mambo than live with a mosquito. And that is what it boils down to. It is one of the reasons I have black powder antique guns because of people like you. You would rather lose your rights completely to make a dumb point.

Totally senseless. Once the right is gone, IT IS GONE FOREVER, keep playing the lesser evil is worse than the greater evil game and see where it gets you. It is not surprising that people from oppressive states with little to no rights don't understand rights once lost seldom come back. Maybe you just like to have the oppression to whine about it.

Damn what the hell happened to common sense in this country?!
    I can only speak for myself. I've emailed our Senators, and my delegate on state level, and told them how I felt about the whole situation on the Gun Control topic. We can sit here all day, and analyze why, how, what if. In the end, the smoke has cleared, and it's time to act and stay together, and put our differences aside.

http://ideas.time.com/2013/11/06/sto...d=op-main-lead

"... it ignores data that the Libertarian pulled more votes from the Democratic candidate than he did from the Republican one—an exit poll of Sarvis voters showed that they would have voted for McAuliffe by a two-to-one margin over Cucinelli. "

Quote Originally Posted by mpg9999 View Post

"... it ignores data that the Libertarian pulled more votes from the Democratic candidate than he did from the Republican one—an exit poll of Sarvis voters showed that they would have voted for McAuliffe by a two-to-one margin over Cucinelli. "
    Wow - looks like people are hard up for any actual evidence to make their case that they didn't materially contribute to our unfolding loss of rights. This is the same bogus cite as on two similar threads, same lack of primary data, including questionnaire content and sampling methodology. Coming from a social sciences background, I can assure you that this is not considered acceptable evidence in the field.

Now, I am sure that I am not alone in wanting to see the primary data shedding critical light on the numbers willing to vote for this statist puppet whose candidacy was a creation of the Obama/Bloomberg axis. And who practiced active deception on his primary funding throughout the campaign, and who called for implementation of technology to constantly track citizens. Some Libertarian!

So please do let us know when you find the source data from the exit poll of this community of naifs, since it helps support my earlier stated position.
    Last edited by aisiguy; 11-07-2013 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mpguy View Post
    I can only speak for myself. I've emailed our Senators, and my delegate on state level, and told them how I felt about the whole situation on the Gun Control topic. We can sit here all day, and analyze why, how, what if. In the end, the smoke has cleared, and it's time to act and stay together, and put our differences aside.
    As I have, but I am sorry to say that once Scalia retires it is all over for us. Without the SCOTUS as a block Hillary, or Christie will have no block to confiscating guns by executive fiat. Congress will go along, BECAUSE ALL of them are anti gun, every single one of them.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

As I have, but I am sorry to say that once Scalia retires it is all over for us. Without the SCOTUS as a block Hillary, or Christie will have no block to confiscating guns by executive fiat. Congress will go along, BECAUSE ALL of them are anti gun, every single one of them.
    Walking Wolf, I hope you are wrong but I suspect you are not. And even if some Congressional Republicans are not anti-gun (Democrats all being a lost cause now), recent history has demonstrated that the institutional Republicans will not fight for anything at all. They may start a fight, but will then roll over for the true believers in Statism. All or most have been suborned.

This is most clearly demonstrated by this election cycle: the Republican National Committee entirely stopped funding Cuccinelli as of 10/1 -- no additional funds for the last five weeks while Bloomberg poured millions into ads demonizing Cuccinelli, which swayed the LIV. Despite this perfidy by the institutional Repubs, Cuccinelli picked up major steam and came within a hairs breadth of victory. Since the institutional Repubs did not back - more accurately, opposed - this most gun-friendly Republican VA Governor candidate in memory (and mine is long), they are dead to me.

Like Dick's and CTD.

"exit poll"????

Quote Originally Posted by mpg9999 View Post

LOL HahahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHhahahahahahahaha

Like people tell the truth?? Since when? The last "exit poll" anyone listened to said Romney won.

I find it very hard to believe a "Libertarian" would have ever voted for McAuliffe.

No disrespect intended mpg9999, I just couldn't stop laughing reading the article when I got to that line.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by va_tazdad View Post
    LOL HahahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHhahahahahahahaha

Like people tell the truth?? Since when? The last "exit poll" anyone listened to said Romney won.

I find it very hard to believe a "Libertarian" would have ever voted for McAuliffe.

No disrespect intended mpg9999, I just couldn't stop laughing reading the article when I got to that line.

I find it hard to believe a "libertarian" would have voted for Cuccinelli, either. But the election is over.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Sabato's maps

Check out Larry Sabato's maps:

The Surprisingly Dramatic Terry & Ken Show

Map 1: Dot density map of 2013 Virginia election

Map 2: Political map of Virginia shaded by 2013 gubernatorial vote

I did not see any green dots.....but my eyesight is not where it used to be either.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    I did not see any green dots.....but my eyesight is not where it used to be either.
    They are there - just hard to discern.

According to the OP Green= neither D or R majority.
    Think that a more apt descriptor would have been that Green = votes for other than D or R.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 11-08-2013 at 10:12 AM. Reason: fixed
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    They are there - just hard to discern.

According to the OP Green= neither D or R majority.
    Think that a more apt descriptor would have been that Green = votes for other than D or R.
    If you want to Go Large, go here. Use the Magnifier if you wish. Then Green dots are there on closeup.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Repeater View Post
    If you want to Go Large, go here. Use the Magnifier if you wish. Then Green dots are there on closeup.
    Makes Virginia look like a tacky Christmas yard display.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Here is what Sabato, who is very conservative and somewhat authoritative says about Sarvis:

One factor that might have confounded pollsters was Robert Sarvis, the Libertarian candidate who took about 6.5% of the vote. He ended up (unsurprisingly) receiving a smaller percentage of the vote than his polling suggested (he was at about 9% or so in the final polling averages). It’s rare for a third-party candidate to do as well as Sarvis did in a state like Virginia, where Democrats or Republicans generally got nearly all the votes in recent gubernatorial elections. Public polls also seemed to disagree on whether Sarvis was hurting Cuccinelli or McAuliffe more and perhaps his presence in general just confused the polling.

By the way, the exit poll was not definitive on this same subject.

On the one hand, Republicans will note that 3% of Democrats voted for Sarvis; 4% of Republicans; and 15% of independents — a group that, we previously noted, Cuccinelli won.

On the other hand, Democrats will stress that, in a two-way race question asked in the exit poll, McAuliffe would have won 48% to 46%, and 5% of McAuliffe’s voters in that part of the survey said they actually backed Sarvis, while only 2% of Cuccinelli’s support came from the Sarvis column.

We believe the exit poll when it suggests that McAuliffe probably would have won a two-way contest — and maybe the pollsters would have had an easier time surveying that more basic race.

Link: http://www.centerforpolitics.org/cry...erry-ken-show/
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776