Thread: Guns & Ammo editorial calling for gun control

Guns & Ammo editorial calling for gun control

Didn't know if anyone else read about this. What do you all think about the column (a link to a pdf is in the news article)? I understand the idea of wanting people to be responsible. I don't like or agree with the author's examples used for the regulation of the freedom of speech and freedom of assembly. That is because in the examples you are using a speech to insight fear/panic or you are infringing on another person's rights. This also seemed to me to be the worst forum to attempt to make this argument.

ETA: Forgot to link the article...duh. http://news.yahoo.com/guns-ammo-edit...203042117.html
    Last edited by willy1094; 11-07-2013 at 03:20 AM.

Yeah, I caught it. I was shocked by Dick Metcalf's slur against the Second Amendment backslidden comments in the December issue! But Guns & Ammo was redeemed by the actions of Jim Bequette, the previous editor when he offered his personal apology to all G&A readers far and wide for Metcalf's inane ramblings and then fired him! As if that wasn't enough Jim Bequette, who had been looking to retire at the first of January, announced that he would be moving that date up and immediately retiring and placing Eric Poole as the new editor of Guns & Ammo.

I have a lot more respect now for Guns & Ammo than I ever have. Great handling of the issue Jim. I hate to see you go.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...r-2a-betrayal/
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by neuroblades View Post
    Yeah, I caught it. I was shocked by Dick Metcalf's slur against the Second Amendment backslidden comments in the December issue! But Guns & Ammo was redeemed by the actions of Jim Bequette, the previous editor when he offered his personal apology to all G&A readers far and wide for Metcalf's inane ramblings and then fired him! As if that wasn't enough Jim Bequette, who had been looking to retire at the first of January, announced that he would be moving that date up and immediately retiring and placing Eric Poole as the new editor of Guns & Ammo.

I have a lot more respect now for Guns & Ammo than I ever have. Great handling of the issue Jim. I hate to see you go.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...r-2a-betrayal/
    I figured he would catch heat. There seemed like a lot of people in the comments (beyond those cited in the article) that threatened or did cancel their subscriptions. I can't believe that 1) he would have the Bawlz to write it and 2) G&A published it (though I admit I know NOTHING of how the articles are approved). Not to say they wouldn't have, but firing him was probably the only move they had.

catch heat? Pariah is a better word. I suspect that Mr. Metcalf's career as a "gun guy" has come to a abrupt end. Liberals with guns are still liberals.

Banned
    All this "responsible" talk is crap. People either learn to handle their gun safely or shoot themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    All this "responsible" talk is crap. People either learn to handle their gun safely or shoot themselves.
    Or someone else.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MrOverlay View Post
    Or someone else.
    Then they would pay a penalty ...

unless they do injure someone, who cares from a legal perspective.

Nanny state.

That's why the unlawful requirement to attend a NRA safety class prior to getting a permit is abundant in our society.

Its retarded ....

Regular Member self preservation's Avatar
    Never subscribed to Guns & Ammo. For sure won't now. I'm more of a Home Defense kind of guy anyhow.
    Last edited by self preservation; 11-08-2013 at 08:34 PM.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke

self-pres·er·va·tion (slfprzr-vshn)
    n.
    1. Protection of oneself from harm or destruction.
    2. The instinct for individual preservation; the innate desire to stay alive.

Quote Originally Posted by gutshot View Post
    There is another thread on this same subject in the "General Discussion" forum of OCDO. Here is the link:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...95#post2001895
    Thanks for the link. I'll be honest, I joined this site for the Kentucky forum and I've never go to any other part of the site.
    Last edited by willy1094; 11-09-2013 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by willy1094 View Post
    Thanks for the link. I'll be honest, I joined this site for the Kentucky forum and I've never go to any other part of the site.
    Look around, you may find some other interesting places.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

Another Zumbo? Wow, can't believe this came from him.Used to love G&A.