Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 46

Thread: Time Out ....PLEASE!

  1. #1
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580

    Time Out ....PLEASE!

    Everyone has had a crack at the election who dunnit. We'll never get that sorted out.
    It doesn't matter at this point just who forgot to tighten the drain plug in the boat, it's underwater now.

    For once...and I'm including myself in this, lets ALL start pulling together. We aren't going to have any progress in the next 4 years but it would be nice if we didn't lose ground either.

    Even members from other states have to get with the program because this isn't just a Va thing. Now Obama, Hillary, Bloomberg, Brady and all the evil in this country, have a foothold that they're going to try to use to climb the mountain. They may just succeed if every faction of freedom loving gun owners don't stop fighting each other.

    Hunters, CC people, OC'ers target shooters, skeet....everybody....has to stop bickering and work together or at least try to plan together.

    Even Dick Metcalf has been possessed


    http://news.yahoo.com/guns-ammo-editoria...42117.html

    And Guns and Ammo did the right thing and threw the bastard out.
    http://www.gunsandammo.com/2013/11/06/re...ge-column/
    We may have to do the same with some of our spokespeople, but still we need to do it together.


    JUST MY OPINION!
    Last edited by peter nap; 11-07-2013 at 07:46 AM.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NoVA
    Posts
    39
    You are right, of course. Admitting for myself, and thinking this may be true for others, I am just so damn depressed and demoralized. During this long night of push for more federal gun control (and other statist control), I always took consolation in being in VA. The VA people were too sensible to fall for that crap, and the VA AG/hoped-for Governor (looking to Cuccinelli) had already demonstrated (ACA, EPA, etc.) he would push back against that encroachment, more so than almost any other state leader across the country.

    That hope is now gone (and maybe, as real Libertarians will hasten to tell me, it was a false hope), and we have joined our friends in the MD, NJ, CA, and CO frying pan. Actually worse than CO because at least there, the recall showed that gun owners retained some political will. Here, the appearances are that we have just faded away.

    So yes, we need to pull together. I should stop posting and go back to lurking. Aren't you glad, after about five years of lurking, I finally vented?
    Last edited by aisiguy; 11-07-2013 at 08:50 AM.

  3. #3
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by aisiguy View Post
    You are right, of course. Admitting for myself, and thinking this may be true for others, I am just so damn depressed and demoralized. During this long night of push for more federal gun control (and other statist control), I always took consolation in being in VA. The VA people were too sensible to fall for that crap, and the VA AG/hoped-for Governor (looking to Cuccinelli) had already demonstrated (ACA, EPA, etc.) he would push back against that encroachment, more so than almost any other state leader across the country.

    That hope is now gone (and maybe, as real Libertarians will hasten to tell me, it was a false hope), and we have joined our friends in the MD, NJ, CA, and CO frying pan. Actually worse than CO because at least there, the recall showed that gun owners retained some political will. Here, the appearances are that we have just faded away.

    So yes, we need to pull together. I should stop posting and go back to lurking. Aren't you glad, after about five years of lurking, I finally vented?
    Don't do that. I've been impressed with your posts!

  4. #4
    Regular Member Marco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Greene County
    Posts
    3,844
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Everyone has had a crack at the election who dunnit. We'll never get that sorted out.
    It doesn't matter at this point just who forgot to tighten the drain plug in the boat, it's underwater now.

    For once...and I'm including myself in this, lets ALL start pulling together. We aren't going to have any progress in the next 4 years but it would be nice if we didn't lose ground either.

    Even members from other states have to get with the program because this isn't just a Va thing. Now Obama, Hillary, Bloomberg, Brady and all the evil in this country, have a foothold that they're going to try to use to climb the mountain. They may just succeed if every faction of freedom loving gun owners don't stop fighting each other.

    Hunters, CC people, OC'ers target shooters, skeet....everybody....has to stop bickering and work together or at least try to plan together.

    Even Dick Metcalf has been possessed


    http://news.yahoo.com/guns-ammo-editoria...42117.html

    And Guns and Ammo did the right thing and threw the bastard out.
    http://www.gunsandammo.com/2013/11/06/re...ge-column/
    We may have to do the same with some of our spokespeople, but still we need to do it together.


    JUST MY OPINION!

    There's going to be a special election to fill McDouche's new vacated Sen. seat.
    We need to ensure McDumbass's Sen. seat is filled with a pro liberty person as the sen. is split 20/20. The Lt. Gov breaks all ties if it stays evenly split the statist LT.Gov elect gets to make the deciding vote if there's a tie vote.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.


    ~Alan Korwin

  5. #5
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,604
    I too hit a low, but have regrouped and am dedicated to holding fast wherever possible.

    We can....we must pull together. Make no mistake about that

    We are mighty - hear our roar!
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Quote Originally Posted by aisiguy View Post
    You are right, of course. Admitting for myself, and thinking this may be true for others, I am just so damn depressed and demoralized. During this long night of push for more federal gun control (and other statist control), I always took consolation in being in VA. The VA people were too sensible to fall for that crap, and the VA AG/hoped-for Governor (looking to Cuccinelli) had already demonstrated (ACA, EPA, etc.) he would push back against that encroachment, more so than almost any other state leader across the country.

    That hope is now gone (and maybe, as real Libertarians will hasten to tell me, it was a false hope), and we have joined our friends in the MD, NJ, CA, and CO frying pan. Actually worse than CO because at least there, the recall showed that gun owners retained some political will. Here, the appearances are that we have just faded away.

    So yes, we need to pull together. I should stop posting and go back to lurking. Aren't you glad, after about five years of lurking, I finally vented?
    This is NOT the time to crawl back into the woodwork. We are going to need everybody to become more active, even if their elected representatives (like mine at both the state and federal level) make Bloomberg look like a rabid 2A supporter. The first order of business for me is to get back to work with the Republicans on finding a candidate they can run against my current Delegate, and figuring out why the voodoo dolls are not working on my Senator (which seems to be the only way to get anybody to consider running for that seat). Then the letters and phone calls need to be ramped up, along with in-person contacts - especially at places where they are going to appear in public. I've got a list of impertinent questions that need to be asked if only for others to hear their answer.

    For folks who are not gadflys, the act of OCing can be your message. Just be prepared to respond to challenges, because I have a feeling that folks are going to come out more vocally against anything and anyone who is not "falling in line".

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  7. #7
    Regular Member The Wolfhound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Henrico, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    697

    Brothers and Sisters...

    Can I get an AMEN? And now a Haleleuia? Be not fearful, be steadfast and if the Dems lose that seat to someone more Liberty centered, that would be a most satisfying "FU" to deliver. Gee, all that money spent to get that tie breaking vote and no ties to break?!?!? That would be fun!
    Appleseed, Virginia State Coordinator
    Are you a Rifleman yet?
    http://appleseedinfo.org

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NoVA
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    I too hit a low, but have regrouped and am dedicated to holding fast wherever possible.

    We can....we must pull together. Make no mistake about that

    We are mighty - hear our roar!
    Yeah, I guess. Winners never quit, and all.

    What I can't decide is if we are experiencing our versions of the Battle of Rourke's Drift or Islawandha. Don't spoil the end for me.

  9. #9
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by aisiguy View Post
    Yeah, I guess. Winners never quit, and all.

    What I can't decide is if we are experiencing our versions of the Battle of Rourke's Drift or Islawandha. Don't spoil the end for me.
    We survived Wilder and Kaine and we'll survive this if we all do our job.
    There are some differences this time around that concern me.

    First, gun owners actually elected Kaine. His spokesperson insulted the VCDL president and Kilgore lost by almost the exact number of VCDL members.I think that caused us to pull together.

    Second and maybe more important, VCDL was a different organization then. I don't remember the bill but I do remember it was one that only benefited CHP holders. Philip put out an alert opposing the bill because "VCDL represents all gun owners and this bill doesn't". Haven't seen that attitude for the last few years.

    Last is the economy. A poor economy and Obamacare is making it difficult to be as active as we were once.

    If we can jump those hurdles the gun lobby will rule again. I remember one Lobby day listening to two legislative aids...one was new. She asked what the orange stickers were and the other said "That's the Virginia Citizens Defense league, they're the most influential group here".
    Last edited by peter nap; 11-07-2013 at 03:38 PM.

  10. #10
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,604
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    --snipped--
    If we can jump those hurdles the gun lobby will rule again. I remember one Lobby day listening to two legislative aids...one was new. She asked what the orange stickers were and the other said "That's the Virginia Citizens Defense league, they're the most influential group here".
    Let's return to those thrilling days of yesteryear.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  11. #11
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Let's return to those thrilling days of yesteryear.
    +10000000000000000000

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Leesburg VA
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Let's return to those thrilling days of yesteryear.
    I've only been a member for about a year*, but I'm up for that.





    *only been a gun owner for about a year

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,171

    As usual,

    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Everyone has had a crack at the election who dunnit. We'll never get that sorted out.
    It doesn't matter at this point just who forgot to tighten the drain plug in the boat, it's underwater now.

    For once...and I'm including myself in this, lets ALL start pulling together. We aren't going to have any progress in the next 4 years but it would be nice if we didn't lose ground either.

    Even members from other states have to get with the program because this isn't just a Va thing. Now Obama, Hillary, Bloomberg, Brady and all the evil in this country, have a foothold that they're going to try to use to climb the mountain. They may just succeed if every faction of freedom loving gun owners don't stop fighting each other.

    Hunters, CC people, OC'ers target shooters, skeet....everybody....has to stop bickering and work together or at least try to plan together.

    Even Dick Metcalf has been possessed


    http://news.yahoo.com/guns-ammo-editoria...42117.html

    And Guns and Ammo did the right thing and threw the bastard out.
    http://www.gunsandammo.com/2013/11/06/re...ge-column/
    We may have to do the same with some of our spokespeople, but still we need to do it together.


    JUST MY OPINION!
    You are 100% right. It is over and now we just have to survive the next 4 years.

    Thank you

  14. #14
    Regular Member glockfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    228
    Maybe we need to split Virginia into North and South, and have West Virginia, North Virginia and South Virginia?

  15. #15
    Regular Member Repeater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,519
    Quote Originally Posted by glockfan View Post
    Maybe we need to split Virginia into North and South, and have West Virginia, North Virginia and South Virginia?
    For fun, let's give NoVa to West Virginia.

  16. #16
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Repeater View Post
    For fun, let's give NoVa to West Virginia.
    Been trying to give it to Mary Land for years,

  17. #17
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Stafford, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    341
    Quote Originally Posted by Repeater View Post
    For fun, let's give NoVa to West Virginia.
    What do you have against WV? Can't we just give Fairfax County to MD or DC?

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,171

    Lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Repeater View Post
    For fun, let's give NoVa to West Virginia.
    + 10,000

    Just give me time for my daughter to escape first.

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Hunters, CC people, OC'ers target shooters, skeet....everybody....has to stop bickering and work together or at least try to plan together.
    usually its not the people peternap... its the leadership that doesnt represent ALL the interests.

  20. #20
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,604
    Quote Originally Posted by AJG View Post
    usually its not the people peternap... its the leadership that doesnt represent ALL the interests.
    Sure it is the people - nothing to prevent them from walking across the room to shake someone's hand. Nothing gets accomplished by staying home either.

    You want to change or prode an organization? It is far easier to do from the inside, than from the sidelines. Get involved, stay involved.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Sure it is the people - nothing to prevent them from walking across the room to shake someone's hand. Nothing gets accomplished by staying home either.

    You want to change or prode an organization? It is far easier to do from the inside, than from the sidelines. Get involved, stay involved.
    Grape.. agreed and I am and I do. But the people that make the decisions and cast the votes in the GA would rather listen to the man that says I'm in charge than the person that says I'm a part of that group, but I have another view.

    And becoming a part of a organization will never change what the leader wants to portray, no matter how many of the members want it as long as he doesnt want it. I use the virginia hunting dog alliance as the perfect storm.. No mater what... the org does what it wants in regards to hunting no matter what the members say. Some orgs are better than others and actually listen to their members. Now my comment above about the leadership was pointed at the example I gave, not the vcdl leadership, but it brings up a good question about the vcdl. Does the vcdl poll their members on issues and how the org will represent the issues to the GA? Or is it strictly a board decision? Are the board members appointed by Phil? or are they voted in by the membership? How do the members get a voice besides perhaps attending a meeting and a view concern getting lost in the shuffle?
    Last edited by AJG; 11-08-2013 at 02:51 PM.

  22. #22
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,604
    Quote Originally Posted by AJG View Post
    Grape.. agreed and I am and I do. But the people that make the decisions and cast the votes in the GA would rather listen to the man that says I'm in charge than the person that says I'm a part of that group, but I have another view.
    I was initially referring to having an effect on an organization.

    Insofar as the legislators at the GA, I find they listen to a well informed constituent quite well. The trick is to let them get to know you and where you stand. We could all take lessons from Peter Nap to that regard - he is a master of that art.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  23. #23
    Regular Member Thundar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,961
    Deleted

    Live Free or Die,
    Thundar
    Last edited by Thundar; 11-08-2013 at 10:48 PM. Reason: My input is not welcome
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

    The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

  24. #24
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,604
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post
    Freemasons and Knights Templar have simpler and more open rules for admission to the board than VCDL does. They don't care and have never asked the members what they think. They just want members to send $ to the VCDL PAC and pay their dues. Don't rock the boat and bow to the P4P God. Constitutional Carry? They have higher priorities. Besides Constitutional Carry might hurt the business of some board members.

    VCDL members are the salt of the earth. Go anywhere on short notice and stand up for each other. They deserve a better board of directors than what they have. Think I'm wrong? Look at the slimy thing VCDL President Philip Van Cleave did on election day. Blasting out a Glen Beck hit piece against the most pro gun candidate in the entire Commonwealth. Consequences for Philip? Nah, the ends justify the means, and besides he is one of them.

    Live Free or Die,
    Thundar
    Thundar, I am quite frankly shocked and disappointed in the vitrol and insulting remarks, even find them in violation of the forum rules. Will not entertain a continued discussion along these lines - be advised.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  25. #25
    Regular Member Thundar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,961
    Deleted
    Last edited by Thundar; 11-08-2013 at 10:46 PM. Reason: My input is not welcome.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

    The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •