• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Time Out ....PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Everyone has had a crack at the election who dunnit. We'll never get that sorted out.
It doesn't matter at this point just who forgot to tighten the drain plug in the boat, it's underwater now.

For once...and I'm including myself in this, lets ALL start pulling together. We aren't going to have any progress in the next 4 years but it would be nice if we didn't lose ground either.

Even members from other states have to get with the program because this isn't just a Va thing. Now Obama, Hillary, Bloomberg, Brady and all the evil in this country, have a foothold that they're going to try to use to climb the mountain. They may just succeed if every faction of freedom loving gun owners don't stop fighting each other.

Hunters, CC people, OC'ers target shooters, skeet....everybody....has to stop bickering and work together or at least try to plan together.

Even Dick Metcalf has been possessed

http://news.yahoo.com/guns-ammo-editoria...42117.html

And Guns and Ammo did the right thing and threw the bastard out.
http://www.gunsandammo.com/2013/11/06/re...ge-column/
We may have to do the same with some of our spokespeople, but still we need to do it together.

JUST MY OPINION!

Last edited:

aisiguy

You are right, of course. Admitting for myself, and thinking this may be true for others, I am just so damn depressed and demoralized. During this long night of push for more federal gun control (and other statist control), I always took consolation in being in VA. The VA people were too sensible to fall for that crap, and the VA AG/hoped-for Governor (looking to Cuccinelli) had already demonstrated (ACA, EPA, etc.) he would push back against that encroachment, more so than almost any other state leader across the country.

That hope is now gone (and maybe, as real Libertarians will hasten to tell me, it was a false hope), and we have joined our friends in the MD, NJ, CA, and CO frying pan. Actually worse than CO because at least there, the recall showed that gun owners retained some political will. Here, the appearances are that we have just faded away.

So yes, we need to pull together. I should stop posting and go back to lurking. Aren't you glad, after about five years of lurking, I finally vented? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
You are right, of course. Admitting for myself, and thinking this may be true for others, I am just so damn depressed and demoralized. During this long night of push for more federal gun control (and other statist control), I always took consolation in being in VA. The VA people were too sensible to fall for that crap, and the VA AG/hoped-for Governor (looking to Cuccinelli) had already demonstrated (ACA, EPA, etc.) he would push back against that encroachment, more so than almost any other state leader across the country.

That hope is now gone (and maybe, as real Libertarians will hasten to tell me, it was a false hope), and we have joined our friends in the MD, NJ, CA, and CO frying pan. Actually worse than CO because at least there, the recall showed that gun owners retained some political will. Here, the appearances are that we have just faded away.

So yes, we need to pull together. I should stop posting and go back to lurking. Aren't you glad, after about five years of lurking, I finally vented? :rolleyes:

Don't do that. I've been impressed with your posts!

Marco

Everyone has had a crack at the election who dunnit. We'll never get that sorted out.
It doesn't matter at this point just who forgot to tighten the drain plug in the boat, it's underwater now.

For once...and I'm including myself in this, lets ALL start pulling together. We aren't going to have any progress in the next 4 years but it would be nice if we didn't lose ground either.

Even members from other states have to get with the program because this isn't just a Va thing. Now Obama, Hillary, Bloomberg, Brady and all the evil in this country, have a foothold that they're going to try to use to climb the mountain. They may just succeed if every faction of freedom loving gun owners don't stop fighting each other.

Hunters, CC people, OC'ers target shooters, skeet....everybody....has to stop bickering and work together or at least try to plan together.

We may have to do the same with some of our spokespeople, but still we need to do it together.

JUST MY OPINION!

There's going to be a special election to fill McDouche's new vacated Sen. seat.
We need to ensure McDumbass's Sen. seat is filled with a pro liberty person as the sen. is split 20/20. The Lt. Gov breaks all ties if it stays evenly split the statist LT.Gov elect gets to make the deciding vote if there's a tie vote.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I too hit a low, but have regrouped and am dedicated to holding fast wherever possible.

We can....we must pull together. Make no mistake about that

We are mighty - hear our roar!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

This is NOT the time to crawl back into the woodwork. We are going to need everybody to become more active, even if their elected representatives (like mine at both the state and federal level) make Bloomberg look like a rabid 2A supporter. The first order of business for me is to get back to work with the Republicans on finding a candidate they can run against my current Delegate, and figuring out why the voodoo dolls are not working on my Senator (which seems to be the only way to get anybody to consider running for that seat). Then the letters and phone calls need to be ramped up, along with in-person contacts - especially at places where they are going to appear in public. I've got a list of impertinent questions that need to be asked if only for others to hear their answer.

For folks who are not gadflys, the act of OCing can be your message. Just be prepared to respond to challenges, because I have a feeling that folks are going to come out more vocally against anything and anyone who is not "falling in line".

stay safe.

The Wolfhound

Brothers and Sisters...

Can I get an AMEN? And now a Haleleuia? Be not fearful, be steadfast and if the Dems lose that seat to someone more Liberty centered, that would be a most satisfying "FU" to deliver. Gee, all that money spent to get that tie breaking vote and no ties to break?!?!? That would be fun!

aisiguy

I too hit a low, but have regrouped and am dedicated to holding fast wherever possible.

We can....we must pull together. Make no mistake about that

We are mighty - hear our roar!

Yeah, I guess. Winners never quit, and all.

What I can't decide is if we are experiencing our versions of the Battle of Rourke's Drift or Islawandha. Don't spoil the end for me.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Yeah, I guess. Winners never quit, and all.

What I can't decide is if we are experiencing our versions of the Battle of Rourke's Drift or Islawandha. Don't spoil the end for me.

We survived Wilder and Kaine and we'll survive this if we all do our job.
There are some differences this time around that concern me.

First, gun owners actually elected Kaine. His spokesperson insulted the VCDL president and Kilgore lost by almost the exact number of VCDL members.I think that caused us to pull together.

Second and maybe more important, VCDL was a different organization then. I don't remember the bill but I do remember it was one that only benefited CHP holders. Philip put out an alert opposing the bill because "VCDL represents all gun owners and this bill doesn't". Haven't seen that attitude for the last few years.

Last is the economy. A poor economy and Obamacare is making it difficult to be as active as we were once.

If we can jump those hurdles the gun lobby will rule again. I remember one Lobby day listening to two legislative aids...one was new. She asked what the orange stickers were and the other said "That's the Virginia Citizens Defense league, they're the most influential group here".

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snipped--
If we can jump those hurdles the gun lobby will rule again. I remember one Lobby day listening to two legislative aids...one was new. She asked what the orange stickers were and the other said "That's the Virginia Citizens Defense league, they're the most influential group here".
Let's return to those thrilling days of yesteryear.

va_tazdad

As usual,

JUST MY OPINION!

You are 100% right. It is over and now we just have to survive the next 4 years.

Thank you

taurusfan

Maybe we need to split Virginia into North and South, and have West Virginia, North Virginia and South Virginia?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
usually its not the people peternap... its the leadership that doesnt represent ALL the interests.
Sure it is the people - nothing to prevent them from walking across the room to shake someone's hand. Nothing gets accomplished by staying home either.

You want to change or prode an organization? It is far easier to do from the inside, than from the sidelines. Get involved, stay involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.