• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Don't OC so that you may continue to OC!

ron73440

cant even have a discussion without some one accusing some one of being a troll. this seem to be pretty tipical throughout this fourm. and of course nit picking at punctuation which means you have no argument. the use of your 9 words is incorrect anyway.

so what bet are you talking about cause no bet was made. yeah your at a rally great. the point im trying to make is you are going armed and that people see gun=bad. yall act like im against oc and i never said i was and some of you are acting pretty ignorant about. if you want to act like that get a job on capitol hill. in some areas of this nation people dont care if you oc. great!! but the rest of america is starting to have and infulance on states rights and more spacifically the gun debate. heck i just read a story on the news how in new jersey if you have a BB gun you can go to jail! nothing to really do with oc but just and example.

i agree with the phrase "no one knows what law abiding good people look like carrying a gun so thats why i open carry" hey awesome totally agree. but like i said there is a lot of people in america who fear guns. yes i know how some of you respond "well i dont care not my problem" yeah i dont care either but you will care when people like that start moving into your town and start changing things. if we are true to what we believe then we should care. we should care for the gun owners in those states. all im stating is if we are tlking from a military stand point maybe we need to change our battle plan. stoop down a level during these rallies. im not saying dont oc when your not at a rally. rallies are usually televised and can be viewed by the nation. its almost like psychological warfare in a way. but hey whatever im just tryin to help. im sure this will bring some immature comments as it alreadys has so id say save it cause they will just be ignored.

You are totally missing the point. If people see us OC'ing as we go about our normal errands, we hope they will start to see guns are not automatically bad.

If they don't however, we will still OC, and maybe eventually they will change their perceptions.

Regardless, we lose if we stop OC'ing just because we are worried it might bother others, or if too many people object they will pass laws against it.

“A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost” I think I've seen that somewhere before.

By your logic the only time to OC is when they can show it's unusual behavior just used for attracting attention.

I OC because I want left alone, that might seem couterintuitive to you, but I don't want to ask the State for permission, and I also want any potential BG's to leave me alone, not hope to use the "element of surprise".

Rusty Young Man

SNIP...some of the ocers who post on youtube are pretty rude. wouldnt we get the point across better by holding rallies and speaking about it rather than just ocing and not talking to anyone unless they approach us? ill bet no one on here straps on their oc rig everyday and "goes on about their normal business" while also trying to approach and talk to total strangers. the public (especially the younger folk) watch youtube and see that rude ocer then see you in public and make the assumption you have the same attitude. thats how the "sheeple" see.

Well, I have been looking for extra funds to buy an FNX .45 Tactical;). Not exactly my type of gun (I likey stainless), but it just looks like it'd be a blast to shoot :p.

I've been known to "strap on my OC rig everyday" when I am not going to class (university "does not allow weapons" on campus, and even if not criminal, they could expel me for it), going about my normal business (which could be something as simple as going to a local shop, ATM, folk event, or bookstore), and trying to approach the "deer-in-the-headlights" people if I need to ask for directions.

I guess the fact that I don't dress in baggy "gangbanger" clothing, walk like I've got a load of #2 hanging precariously in the balance, or speak "like I gots dat brains damages e'rtime I hits em up fo' knowledge" really helps calm people down. Now, I don't post videos (after all, I don't participate in social media, though I do watch YouTube videos on occasion), but you're more than welcome to read of my encounters on the Arizona forum. I try to post each time, but I've also skipped a few OC times.

Last edited:

MyWifeSaidYes

On 12-4-13
g21sfpistol said:
... ill bet no one on here straps on their oc rig everyday and "goes on about their normal business" while also trying to approach and talk to total strangers...

On 12-13-13
g21sfpistol said:
...so what bet are you talking about cause no bet was made...

You probably meant to say, "Too damn many of you OC'ers called me out on that bet I made last week so I'm gonna' act like I never said anything of the sort."

-----------------------------------------------------

A lady called the cops on Mr. Jones.

Officer: "You can't call Miss Hoover a pig!"

Jones: "Can I call a pig 'Miss Hoover'?"

Officer: "Well, I guess so."

Mr. Jones looked at the lady and said, "Good day, Miss Hoover!"
------------------------------------------------------

sudden valley gunner

On 12-4-13

On 12-13-13

You probably meant to say, "Too damn many of you OC'ers called me out on that bet I made last week so I'm gonna' act like I never said anything of the sort."

-----------------------------------------------------

A lady called the cops on Mr. Jones.

Officer: "You can't call Miss Hoover a pig!"

Jones: "Can I call a pig 'Miss Hoover'?"

Officer: "Well, I guess so."

Mr. Jones looked at the lady and said, "Good day, Miss Hoover!"
------------------------------------------------------

+1

His rational has been disproved, yet he tenaciously holds onto his fear based argument, but trying to lame the blame on those who are afraid of guns.

Many fear people with beards and tattoos, so don't wear those in public.

Many fear people who ride a Harley, so don't ride those.

Many fear people who have a different pigment in skin color, so better not go out in public.

The list is endless quit catering to those who are in fear.

g21sfpistol

My point was that even at a anti gun rally we open carried and we engaged in obviously anti gun people, no one ran away in fear the cops even came and talked guns to us, and many great conversations happened. If you think I am willing to go to an anti gun rally where we were the definite minority but not go about my daily business open carry you are sadly mistaken. The overwhelming response to it is positive. The employees at the bank I go love having me in there, and even more so since they were robbed twice at gun point in two consecutive months.

I met a new general contractor last summer to work, the first thing he said to me when I got out of my truck is "where is your gun". I had never met this guy, he already knew of me and my reputation for always openly carrying.

g21sfpistol

Banned
so you will only attack my fearful argument and nothing else i brought up? is it cause you have no valid points? not only that i was talking about what you do as an individual instead you talk about what you do at rallies which was not even brought up. its a good thing that your not anti gunners then cause you twist words and conversations just as good as diann frankenstine. im not going to go back and fourth if all people are going to do is twist things cause they dont have a valid argument or can only argue one thing. as iv said im not agaisnt oc but it looks like im being made out to be that i am agaisnt it.

eye95

Maybe it is because you write so poorly, and we don't understand the points you are trying to make. But it sure seems to me that you are quite anti-OC.

sudden valley gunner

so you will only attack my fearful argument and nothing else i brought up? is it cause you have no valid points? not only that i was talking about what you do as an individual instead you talk about what you do at rallies which was not even brought up. its a good thing that your not anti gunners then cause you twist words and conversations just as good as diann frankenstine.

No I claimed what I do long before I pointed out what I did at an anti gun rally.

I attacked all your arguments already, just because you repeat them again without any counter argument to my refutation doesn't make it so.

I attack your fearful argument because that is what your whole argument is based upon.

I twisted no words or arguments yet I see this is what you are doing. Pointing out the holes in your argument and how it fails scrutiny isn't twisting your words. Nice ad hominem though.:rolleyes:

im not going to go back and fourth if all people are going to do is twist things cause they dont have a valid argument or can only argue one thing. as iv said im not agaisnt oc but it looks like im being made out to be that i am agaisnt it.

I'm not a bigot I just think people of a certain pigment should be mindful of others fears and not should be out in public so much because people who are bigots might restrict their activities.
:rolleyes:

Last edited:

RugarRev

snip... as iv said im not agaisnt oc but it looks like im being made out to be that i am agaisnt it.

g21sfpistol ... I don't think you are against OC (or a troll), maybe just a little unsure of how how others might react to seeing YOU OCing, and what your response would/should be. To me, that seems to be a reasonable concern at the personal level.

Without a doubt there are folks who are frighntened of inantimate objects (of any kind) and have no qualms about letting you and everyone around you else know how they 'feel' about it. Those folks have issues which run much deeper than firearm ownership/2A ... nothing you can do will change their minds ... I don't think it is your or my job to make them 'feel' anything.

However...as stated previously in numerous threads on OCDO, the majority of comments people have recieved from OCing range from indifference to positive. It's normal and prudent to injest any internet gospel with a grain of doubt, the only way for you to prove the verasity of the statements you have read or heard is to OC more and test the response's you recieve for yourself. If you should discover OC is not meet your personal comfort level that's OK ... the primary concern, IMHO, is all LAC who carry OC or CC be afforded the recognition (not approval) of our Constitutional right to keep and bare arms; just as we recognize another's Constitutional right to voice their opposition.

Be Safe...RR

Last edited: