• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Fine" for no blinker $6000 ! Cops and doggy caused previous anal probing

Primus

OK; what are your thoughts on using a drug sniffing dog that has NO certification to be a drug sniffer?? A friend of mine has cadaver dogs and is constantly doing certification updates.

I think the dog should be certified. Should be standards set and there are. Not sure why this dog isn't. Again I don't work for them, just trying to shed some light on the process.

notalawyer

I have never been banned from this forum. Since you don't believe me why don't you ask a moderator.

If I recall correctly, in your previous iteration here you bosted that a site (maybe calguns) banned your various usernames dozens or hundreds of times. but they never banned you. Is that what you are talking about here too?

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
I think the dog should be certified. Should be standards set and there are. Not sure why this dog isn't. Again I don't work for them, just trying to shed some light on the process.

I don't think dogs should be used at all to create RAS or PC. They are simple animals too easily manipulated to come to a positive result (or whatever result is desired) from their handlers.

Primus

I don't think dogs should be used at all to create RAS or PC. They are simple animals too easily manipulated to come to a positive result (or whatever result is desired) from their handlers.

Sure, but like any other tool it can be verified and tested. You can train your own dog if you want and prove to yourself it can and does work

davidmcbeth

Banned
Sure, but like any other tool it can be verified and tested. You can train your own dog if you want and prove to yourself it can and does work

Its subjective testing .. the dog performs an act (sitting, pawing, etc) and the handler interprets what the dog means. No record is made, no video recording of the actions of the dog and its handler is required.

Dogs don't understand the implications of there work; how can you certify such an animal...they get treats when they find "drugs"...and are too easily manipulated.

The % of false positives are too much as well for dogs to be considered good enough in the scientific community ... the legal community is another pile of trash...

Plus, I cannot train my dog (he be dead).... I trained my cat to use the toilet though ...

eye95

I have never been banned from this forum. Since you don't believe me why don't you ask a moderator.

As expected, not an answer.

(Notice his unwillingness to directly answer the direct questions. He is playing word games so that, in his mind, he is telling the truth while, in reality, hiding it.)

As expected, the lack of willingness to answer actually answers the question. He is the poster I said he is, and that poster has been "banned."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

eye95

If I recall correctly, in your previous iteration here you bosted that a site (maybe calguns) banned your various usernames dozens or hundreds of times. but they never banned you. Is that what you are talking about here too?

I think he is referring to the type of ban. They probably made him invisible instead of outright locking out his account. He likely is calling that "not a ban."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

OC for ME

Ok, so without being there, I can wager a guess how this went down.

I'm wiling to bet a pretty decent amount of money that this was a precurser stop. Meaning, they probably already had surveilance on this guy and they waited till he did any traffic violation and executed the search.

It says "unclear why they think he possessed drugs". They most likely already had this guy as a dealer/user. I know the headlines sound crazy "blinker leads to cavity search", but I bet they aren't telling the whole story. This is a routine thing (not the cavity search). You build intel on the guy, then you wait for him to conduct a traffic infraction and then you stop them. This is all to set up a clear chain of seizure/stop. It's so that if they did find alot of drugs, it won't get thrown out based on unreasonable stop. This is actually a good thing, because it adds an extra layer of legal protection for us.
The cops got a warrant in county 'X' that would expired at 10PM. They held the suspect until they could get a warrant, expired at 10 PM in county 'X'. After a medical facility in county 'X' refused to do the "examination(s)" the cops took the suspect to a medical facility in county 'Y' and the "examination(s)" were conducted after 10 PM, after the warrant that was issued in county 'X' expired. All of the things you state above are irrelevant. The stop and the warrant will most likely stand, what the cops, and medical staff in county 'Y' did to that citizen are the issue.

OC for ME

The cops got a warrant in county 'X' that would expired at 10PM. They held the suspect until they could get a warrant, expired at 10 PM in county 'X'. After a medical facility in county 'X' refused to do the "examination(s)" the cops took the suspect to a medical facility in county 'Y' and the "examination(s)" were conducted after 10 PM, after the warrant that was issued in county 'X' expired. All of the things you state above are irrelevant. The stop and the warrant will most likely stand, what the cops, and medical staff in county 'Y' did to that citizen are the issue.
My apologies Mr. Primus, wrong story/thread. I retract and admonish myself for not doing my due diligence....like reading vs. skimming.

sudden valley gunner

Imagine back in the 18th century, while the colonist were smuggling goods in because they didn't want to pay taxes, if the brits said well our dog smelled something so that's good enough.

OC for ME

....and the overwhelming majority of CBP employees and officers perform their duties with honor and distinction....
Who are the very few CBP officers that are not performing their duties with honor and distinction?

She did not have to come back into the US, did she. These are the feds and they have far more legal latitude to violate our rights, the Patriot Act, it's in there.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Possibly because some of them feel that this goes "above & beyond". After all, the Fourth Amendment says:

Maybe a cop doesn't catch everything your say either ...

Like : I did not rob the gas station

Cop hears: I did rob the gas station

Jail you go ...