Thread: OC, parks, preemption, signage

OC, parks, preemption, signage

City of Littleton has codified the CRS rule about passing an ordinance prohibiting OC in a specific area and stated:

6-4-160 (A)
    The open carrying of firearms in or upon public facilities including, but not limited to: buildings, sites, areas, including municipally owned, operated, or leased buildings or properties; recreation facilities; and public parks, trails, or open space is unlawful when said facilities are posted with notification that the carrying of firearms is prohibited.

My question then is: what are the signage requirements? The state law says that signs must be posted at all entrances, so if there's an open park with no defined entrances, but a randomly placed sign with a litany of rules, would I be okay to OC? I haven't spotted any "no firearms" signs yet, but will be keeping my eyes open going forward.

Thanks
    T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By the state law, yes, you would be legal to OC. That does not guarantee that you will not be hassled, of course, so be prepared.

I don't know about Littleton, but Northglenn has an ordinance that is adhered to with this:
    http://www.northglenn.org/municode/ch4/content_4-7.html
    And, here's a pic of the signage required by said ordinance at their E. B. Raines park:
    Why do I have a bar in my home? Because it's cheaper to stock a bar than to get a DUI.

Yeah, so I guess I will just have to cover it up.

Out of sight, out of the hoplophobes' minds. (If they have any.) Seriously does anyone stop to think that concealed weapons *ought* to be scarier?

Fines across the state in Muni's are going up to $2650.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk