• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC, parks, preemption, signage

tlevier

City of Littleton has codified the CRS rule about passing an ordinance prohibiting OC in a specific area and stated:

6-4-160 (A)
The open carrying of firearms in or upon public facilities including, but not limited to: buildings, sites, areas, including municipally owned, operated, or leased buildings or properties; recreation facilities; and public parks, trails, or open space is unlawful when said facilities are posted with notification that the carrying of firearms is prohibited.

My question then is: what are the signage requirements? The state law says that signs must be posted at all entrances, so if there's an open park with no defined entrances, but a randomly placed sign with a litany of rules, would I be okay to OC? I haven't spotted any "no firearms" signs yet, but will be keeping my eyes open going forward.

Thanks
T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RandallFlagg

I don't know about Littleton, but Northglenn has an ordinance that is adhered to with this:
http://www.northglenn.org/municode/ch4/content_4-7.html
And, here's a pic of the signage required by said ordinance at their E. B. Raines park:
EBRainesSign_zps14f783e2.jpg

SteveInCO

Yeah, so I guess I will just have to cover it up.

Out of sight, out of the hoplophobes' minds. (If they have any.) Seriously does anyone stop to think that concealed weapons *ought* to be scarier?