§ 14-269.7. Prohibitions on handguns for minors.
(a) Any minor who willfully and intentionally possesses or carries a handgun is guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor.
(b) This section does not apply:
(1) To officers and enlisted personnel of the Armed Forces of the United States when in discharge of their official duties or acting under orders requiring them to carry handguns.
(2) To a minor who possesses a handgun for educational or recreational purposes while the minor is supervised by an adult who is present.
(3) To an emancipated minor who possesses such handgun inside his or her residence.
(4) To a minor who possesses a handgun while hunting or trapping outside the limits of an incorporated municipality if he has on his person written permission from a parent, guardian, or other person standing in loco parentis.
(c) The following definitions apply in this section:
(1) Handgun. - A firearm that has a short stock and is designed to be fired by the use of a single hand, or any combination of parts from which such a firearm can be assembled.
(2) Minor. - Any person under 18 years of age.
(1993, c. 259, s. 1; 1994, Ex. Sess., c. 14, s. 5; 1993 (Reg. Sess., 1994), c. 597, s. 1; 2011-183, s. 9; 2011-268, s. 6.)