Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Music - currently listening

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar

Music - currently listening

I want one of these threads. It's time for musical appreciation

The unenforceable rules:
    1. For every song you post, you must listen to a song posted by another (or at least half...)
    2. Commenting on songs is fine, but every post must contain a new song

Choose Your Blade by House of Heroes - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16j0uD91X0c

Note: Don't post links to download (as opposed to stream) music, or to any place that offers the song illegally. If you can't listen to the song legally on youtube just post the song title and artist. The video I have linked was, by all indication, uploaded via an official and authorized account.
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 05-11-2015 at 08:14 AM.

I've been addicted to this video since it went up two years ago:

(Go ahead and skip forward to about 0:54 where the music starts.)

Really like Allison Krauss in soundtrack of O Brother Where Art Thou with the American-hating actor Geo Clooney.
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    Really like Allison Krauss in soundtrack of O Brother Where Art Thou with the American-hating actor Geo Clooney.
    Actually, Dan Tyminski sang the "George Clooney" parts on that soundtrack. (George Clooney is just a pretty good lip-sync'er). You can see Dan in that video I posted, as it happens. Also, he's a regular member of Alison Krauss's band Union Station, and therefore sings on many of her albums (all of which are great, btw).

And now for something completely different…

This video's hilarious:

A Song of Peace .MP3, my personal memorial to Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens

http://www.art101.com/peace/index.html http://www.art101.com/peace/peace.mp3

I found it while studying "Finlandia" by Jean Sibelius (1865-1957).
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

The Classic Crime - The Fight

<3
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    A former Marine sings a verse of the Star Spangled Banner acapella - always brings a lump to mt throat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7_-abLPaIw
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    A former Marine sings a verse of the Star Spangled Banner acapella - always brings a lump to mt throat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7_-abLPaIw
    That verse should be the one we always sing, not the first.

Mr. P's is playing Jive Talking by the Bee Gees. Apropos for reading OCDO!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    That verse should be the one we always sing, not the first.

Mr. P's is playing Jive Talking by the Bee Gees. Apropos for reading OCDO!

<o>
    Wonder how many of us know all four verses of our National Anthem?

Here it is my the same Marine:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wAg8aqfnac
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    Have I mentioned that I met the gentleman who sings the little-known verse? As a matter of fact, I am in a television commercial for Rick Barber with him.

Nice guy. Grounded and principled.

<o>

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Actually, Dan Tyminski sang the "George Clooney" parts on that soundtrack. (George Clooney is just a pretty good lip-sync'er). You can see Dan in that video I posted, as it happens. Also, he's a regular member of Alison Krauss's band Union Station, and therefore sings on many of her albums (all of which are great, btw).

And now for something completely different…

This video's hilarious:

What...in the world...was that? That looked like something an anti would see while tripping on a cocktail of mushrooms and the Kool-Aid. And that was thought-up in 2012? Definitely a propaganda piece! **

On topic, listening to some of fxhummel1's originals and "re-writes" of existing songs into more Rights-related messages. This one, going to the tune of Journey's "Open Arms" has the lyrics re-written to talk about antis' opportunism and it really gets me sometimes, probably the piano:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww5H8_2QAyg
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 11-10-2013 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Forgot to put in the *smiley*
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Wonder how many of us know all four verses of our National Anthem?

Here it is my the same Marine:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wAg8aqfnac
    I'll admit that up till last year I wasn't even aware of other verses. That first link you posted is actually already on my Favorites on YouTube. Great voice on that Marine.
    Now making a resolution to memorize the entire National Anthem.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Need some hard core music in here to bring some diversity to those drab songs! Lol.

<3
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    What...in the world...was that? That looked like something an anti would see while tripping on a cocktail of mushrooms and the Kool-Aid. And that was thought-up in 2012? Definitely a propaganda piece!
    That video might be "about human nature" or something pretentious, but it's definitely not a "propaganda piece". The band in question doesn't believe in government enough to believe in prohibition, I assure you. Very few extreme metal bands do.

Frankly, I think it's just a fun video with a buttload of references to cheesy 80s sci-fi movies. Not everything with an excessive shootout has to be serious or anti-gun.

I think there's a bit of satire on American interventionism (possibly colonialism), but that less about guns and more about, you know, government being inept.
    Last edited by marshaul; 11-10-2013 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeZ07 View Post
    Need some hard core music in here to bring some diversity to those drab songs! Lol.

<3
    Sorry, but Pig Destroyer is infinitely more "hard core" than Cradle of Filth.

Wardruna

This is a song from their second album "Runaljod - Yggdrasil". It was my initial exposure to the group, and their artistry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAXu8j-w5IY
    Let a man never stir on his road a step without his weapons of war; for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise of a spear on the way without. -Hávamál 38

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    That video might be "about human nature" or something pretentious, but it's definitely not a "propaganda piece". The band in question doesn't believe in government enough to believe in prohibition, I assure you. Very few extreme metal bands do.

Frankly, I think it's just a fun video with a buttload of references to cheesy 80s sci-fi movies. Not everything with an excessive shootout has to be serious or anti-gun.

I think there's a bit of satire on American interventionism (possibly colonialism), but that less about guns and more about, you know, government being inept.
    I guess I forgot to put in the "" after screaming "propaganda piece". Sorry about that, I went back and fixed it.

But yes, I could see it as a satire on colonialism (in general, mind you) and possibly human nature (after all, the apes were decidedly more aggressive once they went "bipedal"). Not sure I get the 80s movie references, but based on this trippy music video, I'm not sure I want to know. Sometimes, some things are meant to remain a mystery.
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 11-10-2013 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    What...in the world...was that? That looked like something an anti would see while tripping on a cocktail of mushrooms and the Kool-Aid. And that was thought-up in 2012? Definitely a propaganda piece! **

On topic, listening to some of fxhummel1's originals and "re-writes" of existing songs into more Rights-related messages. This one, going to the tune of Journey's "Open Arms" has the lyrics re-written to talk about antis' opportunism and it really gets me sometimes, probably the piano:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww5H8_2QAyg
    Ahh, this is why I love threads like this. I am now subscribed to fxhummel1 and listening to song after song. Currently, I'm In Love With An Anti-Gunner http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GW8oaKq7eRc

XD
    Advocate freedom please

mine is the lazy song...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq1C...e_gdata_player
    This is a good song but the song with the music video to me is an amazing story

Edit sorry it is In the valley of the dying sun by house of heores
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 11-17-2013 at 06:53 PM.
    Advocate freedom please

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq1C...e_gdata_player
    This is a good song but the song with the music video to me is an amazing story

Edit sorry it is In the valley of the dying sun by house of heores
    Great video there stealthyeliminator.
    I know this is a resucitation, but I'd really hate for a thread such as this one to fade away.

So, I'll divulge that I am currently listening to one of several classics that have withstood the tests of time: Moonlight Sonata. Enjoy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast