Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Weapons Ban Challenged At Highschool

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ellsworth Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,213

    Weapons Ban Challenged At Highschool

    Government schools have gone wacko recently. They have expelled kids who have made a gun out of breakfast bars probably accidentally by the way they were eating it. Other kids have been expelled by making a gun sign using their fingers, or playing cops and robbers, or dressed in cowboy out fits. This is an agenda by progressives to create paranoia about guns and criminalize it, like cigarettes. The enclosed article is about a school in New London WI.

    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...y-restricting/
    Last edited by Law abider; 11-08-2013 at 11:20 AM.

  2. #2
    Campaign Veteran Running Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Corner of No and Where
    Posts
    431
    Yep, it's one step closer to creating "thought crimes." Making the image of something, in this case a photo of someone with a gun, equal to the item itself. Following this effort to its logical extreme makes the thought equal to the act . . .
    When rights are outlawed only outlaws will have rights.

    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. - Hanlon's Razor

    No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people. - Catherine Engelbrecht

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    popple butte
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by Law abider View Post
    Government schools have gone wacko recently. They have expelled kids who have made a gun out of breakfast bars probably accidentally by the way they were eating it. Other kids have been expelled by making a gun sign using their fingers, or playing cops and robbers, or dressed in cowboy out fits. This is an agenda by progressives to create paranoia about guns and criminalize it, like cigarettes. The enclosed article is about a school in New London WI.

    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...y-restricting/
    So what is your definition of "government schools"?

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ellsworth Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    So what is your definition of "government schools"?
    Take that question to the social lounge

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    popple butte
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by Law abider View Post
    Government schools have gone wacko recently. They have expelled kids who have made a gun out of breakfast bars probably accidentally by the way they were eating it. Other kids have been expelled by making a gun sign using their fingers, or playing cops and robbers, or dressed in cowboy out fits. This is an agenda by progressives to create paranoia about guns and criminalize it, like cigarettes. The enclosed article is about a school in New London WI.

    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...y-restricting/
    The article is about a picture of a student holding a compound bow. Nothing to do with guns, OC, or gun rights.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,154

    Senior Yearbook Photo with Bow Banned

    Specifically, itís the use of hats or weapons that violates the dress policy in the student handbook, WBAY reported. Still, some seniors arenít taking it lying down.

    http://www.wbay.com/story/23897453/2...-in-new-london
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    So what is your definition of "government schools"?
    Any school funded by tax money, generally not a private school.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ellsworth Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    The article is about a picture of a student holding a compound bow. Nothing to do with guns, OC, or gun rights.
    Did you read the ENTIRE article? It effects the seniors who want to pose with firearms: "New London's superintendent has since loosened the restrictions, but photos with firearms or arrows still won't be allowed in the yearbook."

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    popple butte
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by Law abider View Post
    Did you read the ENTIRE article? It effects the seniors who want to pose with firearms: "New London's superintendent has since loosened the restrictions, but photos with firearms or arrows still won't be allowed in the yearbook."
    Sure did, but it is still over a picture of a student holding a compound bow wanting that picture included in his high school yearbook. Much more about his 1A than 2A rights.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ellsworth Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    Sure did, but it is still over a picture of a student holding a compound bow wanting that picture included in his high school yearbook. Much more about his 1A than 2A rights.
    And Firearms

  11. #11
    Regular Member MKEgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    in front of my computer, WI
    Posts
    4,426
    This quote in the actual news article doesn't even make any sense.
    "We are living in very challenging times and if there is in any way going to be an opportunity to connect something negative whether it is through weaponry, or another prop that is in question those guidelines are going to be set," said New London School District Superintendent Kathy Gwidt.
    I think someone at her level should be able to string together a coherent sentence.

    And apparently things that can be used to harm aren't allowed.
    So pictures with cars are right out. :P
    The school district says several students who took pictures with hats and hunting weapons violate the school dress policies... in the student handbook. ...
    New London's superintendent has since loosened the restrictions, but photos with firearms or arrows still won't be allowed in the yearbook.
    Last edited by MKEgal; 11-08-2013 at 05:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,154
    The current and previous Superintendents of the smallest school district in Wisconsin are PhD's each and well $100K+ employed. How about you? Never been misquoted?
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    here
    Posts
    266
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    The current and previous Superintendents of the smallest school district in Wisconsin are PhD's each and well $100K+ employed.
    What school district is this? A phd to be a politician/admin in such a tiny district? Sounds like the stereotypical govt dead ender.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,154
    Quote Originally Posted by chowda View Post
    What school district is this? A phd to be a politician/admin in such a tiny district? Sounds like the stereotypical govt dead ender.
    Washington Island 54246 with ~60 K - 12. I am told that it is a state requirement. Just like the ~$600 per capita (x~700) that we are taxed by the technical college system.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    here
    Posts
    266
    I met a phd that was a manager of a walgreens store and he had to fight to get that job because they didn't take him seriously. He really had to fight to convince them that, yeah, that really is what he wanted to do. Know of more than a few affirmative action quota recipients, occupying a slot. Also know govt teacher types that get higher "education" paper so they can get quite a bump in their already generous pay package. I think when it comes to retirement packages, it's the average of the last three years. Some folks, with an eye on retirement big bucks, amp up their "pay me for this" degrees as they get older.

    Others are just govt dead enders. These are the "old guys" hanging out at the student unions at various universities. Or if one went to the capitol during the anti-govt walker protests, it was just a bunch of old white guys/gals protecting their cash cow.

    Vouchers for all.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    what about cookies, regular cookies .... doesn't their manufactured shape look like a bomb?

    http://www.123rf.com/photo_7052822_r...ackground.html


    And what about book-bombs ! My God, get out of there RIGHT NOW !

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    here
    Posts
    266
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Washington Island 54246 with ~60 K - 12. I am told that it is a state requirement.
    This isn't of interest to me, but I think just a graduate level degree would suffice. Like I've noted, sometimes over educated people choose to do something way below their education level in exchange for amenities, life-cycle, or...well...relationships. Other times, people in govt type jobs, increase their educational level just so they can increase their rate of pay, especially if they have an eye on their luxurious retirement as it's the last three years that counts in determining how well they'll live in their retirement.
    And if they retire, they can return to their same job at the same pay...while getting all their 1%er retirement package checks.

    Not impressed with any educational credentials and believe most public school teachers should be fired (along with the administrators/staff), then come back as individuals in a free market. All politics aside, this country would be so much better off with kids having an actual education rather than programming. OK, the kids too.....

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,154
    Quote Originally Posted by chowda View Post
    This isn't of interest to me, but I think just a graduate level degree would suffice. Like I've noted, sometimes over educated people choose to do something way below their education level in exchange for amenities, life-cycle, or...well...relationships. Other times, people in govt type jobs, increase their educational level just so they can increase their rate of pay, especially if they have an eye on their luxurious retirement as it's the last three years that counts in determining how well they'll live in their retirement.
    And if they retire, they can return to their same job at the same pay...while getting all their 1%er retirement package checks.

    Not impressed with any educational credentials and believe most public school teachers should be fired (along with the administrators/staff), then come back as individuals in a free market. All politics aside, this country would be so much better off with kids having an actual education rather than programming. OK, the kids too.....
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlotte_Thomson_Iserbyt

    http://deliberatedumbingdown.com/

    http://deliberatedumbingdown.com/MomsPDFs/DDDoA.sml.pdf 6.7 MB 700 pages

    http://deliberatedumbingdown.com/Mom...erbyt_book.pdf
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    here
    Posts
    266
    My attention span isn't that long as I work hard enough during the day to not come back home and do more work. When I was a college student, yeah, that was my life, but not no mo.

    So speak to me in english...what are you trying to say?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •