• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Weapons Ban Challenged At Highschool

Law abider

Government schools have gone wacko recently. They have expelled kids who have made a gun out of breakfast bars probably accidentally by the way they were eating it. Other kids have been expelled by making a gun sign using their fingers, or playing cops and robbers, or dressed in cowboy out fits. This is an agenda by progressives to create paranoia about guns and criminalize it, like cigarettes. The enclosed article is about a school in New London WI.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...over-what-officials-are-actually-restricting/

Last edited:

Running Wolf

Campaign Veteran
Yep, it's one step closer to creating "thought crimes." Making the image of something, in this case a photo of someone with a gun, equal to the item itself. Following this effort to its logical extreme makes the thought equal to the act . . .

Franky

Government schools have gone wacko recently. They have expelled kids who have made a gun out of breakfast bars probably accidentally by the way they were eating it. Other kids have been expelled by making a gun sign using their fingers, or playing cops and robbers, or dressed in cowboy out fits. This is an agenda by progressives to create paranoia about guns and criminalize it, like cigarettes. The enclosed article is about a school in New London WI.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...over-what-officials-are-actually-restricting/

So what is your definition of "government schools"?

Franky

The article is about a picture of a student holding a compound bow. Nothing to do with guns, OC, or gun rights.

Law abider

The article is about a picture of a student holding a compound bow. Nothing to do with guns, OC, or gun rights.

Did you read the ENTIRE article? It effects the seniors who want to pose with firearms: "New London's superintendent has since loosened the restrictions, but photos with firearms or arrows still won't be allowed in the yearbook."

Franky

Did you read the ENTIRE article? It effects the seniors who want to pose with firearms: "New London's superintendent has since loosened the restrictions, but photos with firearms or arrows still won't be allowed in the yearbook."

Sure did, but it is still over a picture of a student holding a compound bow wanting that picture included in his high school yearbook. Much more about his 1A than 2A rights.

MKEgal

This quote in the actual news article doesn't even make any sense.
"We are living in very challenging times and if there is in any way going to be an opportunity to connect something negative whether it is through weaponry, or another prop that is in question those guidelines are going to be set," said New London School District Superintendent Kathy Gwidt.
I think someone at her level should be able to string together a coherent sentence.

And apparently things that can be used to harm aren't allowed.
So pictures with cars are right out. :p
The school district says several students who took pictures with hats and hunting weapons violate the school dress policies... in the student handbook. ...
New London's superintendent has since loosened the restrictions, but photos with firearms or arrows still won't be allowed in the yearbook.

Last edited:

chowda

The current and previous Superintendents of the smallest school district in Wisconsin are PhD's each and well $100K+ employed.
What school district is this? A phd to be a politician/admin in such a tiny district? Sounds like the stereotypical govt dead ender.

chowda

I met a phd that was a manager of a walgreens store and he had to fight to get that job because they didn't take him seriously. He really had to fight to convince them that, yeah, that really is what he wanted to do. Know of more than a few affirmative action quota recipients, occupying a slot. Also know govt teacher types that get higher "education" paper so they can get quite a bump in their already generous pay package. I think when it comes to retirement packages, it's the average of the last three years. Some folks, with an eye on retirement big bucks, amp up their "pay me for this" degrees as they get older.

Others are just govt dead enders. These are the "old guys" hanging out at the student unions at various universities. Or if one went to the capitol during the anti-govt walker protests, it was just a bunch of old white guys/gals protecting their cash cow.

Vouchers for all. ;)

chowda

Washington Island 54246 with ~60 K - 12. I am told that it is a state requirement.
This isn't of interest to me, but I think just a graduate level degree would suffice. Like I've noted, sometimes over educated people choose to do something way below their education level in exchange for amenities, life-cycle, or...well...relationships. Other times, people in govt type jobs, increase their educational level just so they can increase their rate of pay, especially if they have an eye on their luxurious retirement as it's the last three years that counts in determining how well they'll live in their retirement.
And if they retire, they can return to their same job at the same pay...while getting all their 1%er retirement package checks.

Not impressed with any educational credentials and believe most public school teachers should be fired (along with the administrators/staff), then come back as individuals in a free market. All politics aside, this country would be so much better off with kids having an actual education rather than programming. OK, the kids too..... ;)

chowda

My attention span isn't that long as I work hard enough during the day to not come back home and do more work. When I was a college student, yeah, that was my life, but not no mo.

So speak to me in english...what are you trying to say?