Thread: "Inappropriate Response for OCDO"

"Inappropriate Response for OCDO"

"Inappropriate Response for OCDO" is, itself, an inappropriate response. Most of us are not mind-readers, therefore the person who made the post is, in many cases if not most, unaware of what made the response/post "inappropriate". We learn absolutely nothing from the phrase "Inappropriate Response for OCDO" (personally, if I posted something ten minutes ago, I probably wouldn't remember the specifics of what I posted). If we are to avoid making "Inappropriate Responses", we must first know what the forum censor considers "inappropriate". Can I get an "Amen-uh"? Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Think of it like this. You are going to drive me to some place. You stop by my house and ask where to go. I say, I'll sit in the back and inform you of the directions. You start driving. Coming to an intersection you ask which way. No response. After sitting there for a minute with no response, you choose left. I smack you on the back of the head as hard as I can and tell you "wrong way." Gonna be a fun trip right?

PS, this was merely a joke intended for humorous reasons. No implications as to the OCDO forum or the conduct of anyone here is implied. If you take this as a jab at OCDO, maybe you should ratchet the panty buncher down a notch.
    Last edited by mobiushky; 11-08-2013 at 05:00 PM.

You know what you did. You're just pretending not to for attention. You're responsible for your actions. Actions speak louder than words. Now dig this hole, but don't get any dirt on my lawn.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Your frustration is understandable. The rules for the forums are very unclear and seemingly contradictory, and the forums are constantly subject to deletions, closures, moves, and other forms of censorship even when an official forum rule hasn't been violated. It kind of makes for a hit-and-miss environment. Post whatever, and just hope it isn't closed in a few hours, but there isn't necessarily a good way to know whether or not it's "ok" beforehand. The forum rules could really use an overhaul, and I think that it'd be beneficial to reconsider either the operation of a public forum at all or certain "unwritten, floating" rules that seem to come up as certain trends among members come and go.
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 11-08-2013 at 07:13 PM.

I have no idea which thread/post you are commenting on*, but if you are not sure why you got that response it seems to me the course of action should have been a PM asking for clarification.

I'm guessing you did not do that and will not do that. Thus, you will learn to post by noticing which side of your head gets dope slapped. Glad that works for you.

stay safe.

* - and have no desire to find out
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gil223 View Post
    "Inappropriate Response for OCDO" is, itself, an inappropriate response. Most of us are not mind-readers, therefore the person who made the post is, in many cases if not most, unaware of what made the response/post "inappropriate". We learn absolutely nothing from the phrase "Inappropriate Response for OCDO" (personally, if I posted something ten minutes ago, I probably wouldn't remember the specifics of what I posted). If we are to avoid making "Inappropriate Responses", we must first know what the forum censor considers "inappropriate". Can I get an "Amen-uh"? Pax...
    Since you do not make the rules, your comment above in bold has little merit.

You also know exactly who did the editing/deletion because my user name appears there. IF, I repeat IF, you truly do not remember your transgression you could have simple PMd me. That your chose to make a public case out of it says volumes. The soft deletion was intended to be a light hand warning, but now it requires a heavier hand.

When moderation is challanged publicly, one had best be prepared for a public response.

So before locking this thread, I will answer publicly. You referred to the sexual habits of people from a particular state in a manner that was unnecessary, could be considered gay bashing, had nothing to do with OC or RKBA........in short "inappropriate."

That you may have intended a form of humor would not have changed a thing - it still was inappropriate for OCDO.

If you require further assistance in remembering what you said, PM me and I will give you a thread link and quote for you exactly what you said. You see the content of soft deletions are not visible to other forum members, but Moderators & the Administration can read them fine.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.