• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Petition to end Clark Co Handgun Registration

Bulleteater

Please sign the petition and pass it along.

With so many pro-2A folks in Nevada you'd think we would have enough sigs by now, but we're short 59.

Description:
"The Libertarian Party of Nevada calls upon the Board of Commissioners of Clark County to repeal Clark County Ordinances 12.04.110 and 12.04.200 which require handgun registration by residents of the Clark County and by visitors who stay longer than 60 days in the Clark County."

http://www.change.org/petitions/cla...nty-ordinances-requiring-handgun-registration

BTW, my first post on this forum so hello to all! I'm pretty active at NevadaShooters.com under the same handle.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Please sign the petition and pass it along.

With so many pro-2A folks in Nevada you'd think we would have enough sigs by now, but we're short 59.

Description:
"The Libertarian Party of Nevada calls upon the Board of Commissioners of Clark County to repeal Clark County Ordinances 12.04.110 and 12.04.200 which require handgun registration by residents of the Clark County and by visitors who stay longer than 60 days in the Clark County."

http://www.change.org/petitions/cla...nty-ordinances-requiring-handgun-registration

BTW, my first post on this forum so hello to all! I'm pretty active at NevadaShooters.com under the same handle.

Welcome to this side, Bulleteater!

The "short 59" refers to reaching 1,000 signatures, correct?

What happens when we get 1,000? My guess is that the milestone will be reset with a new "we are only ____ short."

At what point is the petition turned over to a government official?

Last edited:

Bulleteater

Welcome to this side, Bulleteater!

The "short 59" refers to reaching 1,000 signatures, correct?

What happens when we get 1,000? My guess is that the milestone will be reset with a new "we are only ____ short."

At what point is the petition turned over to a government official?

Thanks for the welcome, MAC.

Yes, we need 59 more sigs to reach 1,000.

And by "we" I mean the NV gun community in general since I think this petition has our best interests at heart. I have no idea exactly who started that petition, only that it comes from someone claiming to represent the "Libertarian Party of Nevada." Be nice if there was an actual name attached so we know who to thank.

Once they get the required number of sigs, I guess they will present it to the powers that be. Not holding my breath here on any significant change to the law. At least it's a way to show the CC Commission that these issues matter to us, which is why I want to get the required sigs.