• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

pet peeves

1245A Defender

Ads on this forum,,, enticing me to buy a FORD,,, in Spanish!!!

And,,, Ads on this forum,, with gross photos of FUNGUS toe medicine...

People on forums that are supported by advertising but are otherwise free to use, complaining about seeing ads of any description, especially when all major browsers support ad blocking add-ons.

I know this forum earns its money from the ads,,,
That is why I Do Not and Will Not Block them...
I dont mind seeing ads,,, I dont think I have ever bought anything because I saw an ad for it...
BUT my computer, my browser, my cookies and this forum should know well enough by now,,, that I speak and write in English!!!

Now Im am getting a banner ad trying to sell me a service or some "thing",,, in Japanese!!!

ETA, BTW did everyone notice the banner ad at the top of the page that is still
asking for folks to come to the "friends of the NRA dinner, on sept 13, "2013""!!!!!

Last edited:

georg jetson

It peeves me when a thread about pet peeves is started and I don't see it for almost 2 months. :(

But, my no 3 peeve is people that drive in the left lane not passing anyone. No 2 is people who drive in the left lane not passing anyone and not getting over when I flash my lights. No 1 is people who drive in the left lane without passing anyone and not getting over when I flash my lights and speeding up when I attempt to pass them on the right!! The people doing no 1 have got to be the most arrogant people on the planet.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
It peeves me when a thread about pet peeves is started and I don't see it for almost 2 months. :(

But, my no 3 peeve is people that drive in the left lane not passing anyone. No 2 is people who drive in the left lane not passing anyone and not getting over when I flash my lights. No 1 is people who drive in the left lane without passing anyone and not getting over when I flash my lights and speeding up when I attempt to pass them on the right!! The people doing no 1 have got to be the most arrogant people on the planet.

As I was reading this, I was wondering how close you were to Texas. Sure enough, right next door...

mark-in-texas

Latest.... A Tapatalk banner ad that keeps popping up EVERY time I come to this site AFTER REPEATEDLY checking the "Do not show this again" button.:banghead:

eye95

Latest.... A Tapatalk banner ad that keeps popping up EVERY time I come to this site AFTER REPEATEDLY checking the "Do not show this again" button.:banghead:

Checking a box, any box, inside an ad will be seen as interest. Don't even use a button inside a popup to dismiss it. Just hit the "x" in the corner. Better yet, turn off popups (not perfect) or install ad-block software.

DrakeZ07

Kinda reminds me of something I do on purpose, that is will within the law, and that is if I'm on a highway with two lanes and it's a construction zone, I set my cruise control to the same speed as a semi in the lane next to me [they usually drive between 50mph and 55mph in my state, in work zones], turn on my rear-facing roof camera, and laugh at all the people that flash their lights and tail gate me and honk at me and flip me the bird, and try to get me to go over the work zone speed limit, or to pass the semi truck and get over for them. And then they finally gun it, pass me in the emergency lane, flip me the bird... Then I laugh my arse off as I see a statie hound their rear like no tomorrow.

Sometimes, it's fun to be a law-abiding jackarse on the road.

sudden valley gunner

Kinda reminds me of something I do on purpose, that is will within the law, and that is if I'm on a highway with two lanes and it's a construction zone, I set my cruise control to the same speed as a semi in the lane next to me [they usually drive between 50mph and 55mph in my state, in work zones], turn on my rear-facing roof camera, and laugh at all the people that flash their lights and tail gate me and honk at me and flip me the bird, and try to get me to go over the work zone speed limit, or to pass the semi truck and get over for them. And then they finally gun it, pass me in the emergency lane, flip me the bird... Then I laugh my arse off as I see a statie hound their rear like no tomorrow.

Passive aggressive.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran

So, the law dictates your standards of conduct?

That's the sign of a weak, thoughtless individual.

DW98

1) People who can't tell the difference between an Australian & British accent.
2) People who think firearms are outright banned in Australia. This includes Australian citizens in some cases.
3) People posting pictures of their food on Facebook. No one gives a fu$% what type of pie you had for dinner. :rolleyes:

OC for ME

In KY, it is a violation to drive in the left lane, it is for passing only.

Failure to yield left lane - 3 (point violation)
Improper use of left lane on limited access highway - 3
Improper lane usage - 3

Well, there ya go.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
In KY, it is a violation to drive in the left lane, it is for passing only.

This is true in most states.

Somehow, however, most of these states have contrived to permit Junior Speed Patrols in the form of declaring it "technically legal" to drive the speed limit in the passing lane.

georg jetson

It has been my experience that those that choose to be gay may also choose to be considerate and gracious.

Mods - Was that a bit better?

stealthyeliminator

Here's one... When you go to a restaurant, you and the person next to you order two different kinds of soda, waitress comes back and plays a game of "let's see which drink looks darker and guess which one is which, all the while making light of the fact that I have no idea if I'm giving you what you ordered"

... If you can't tell me with any certainty that the drink you're setting down in front of me is what I ordered, please take it back and try again... <- Never actually said that, but it's what I'm thinking.

OC for ME

No, it is not for passing only. It can also be used for left turns.Turning left from the right lane is dangerous.
Not on highways/freeways. Left turns are addressed separately. I posted the infractions that warrant points against a DL.

You cite where it is lawful to do what DrakeZ07 claims to do. Now, DrakeZ07 could be driving in the right lane thus forcing the big-rig to drive in the left lane.