• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Surviving evil

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
OP you either are making this stuff up~or there is a large looming black cloud that follows you around. I have never believed in superstitions though.
BP_240.B.JPG

Rusty Young Man

SNIP...Just a few months ago I caught a guy stealing a bike off my property. It was early morning and my dogs woke me up barking at him. I got out of bed, grabbed my gun, got in my car and caught up with him a couple blocks away. As I pulled up, I was just going to tell him to bring the bike back, but before I even got one word out of my mouth he was sliding this huge knife, one of those machetti looking knives out of the scabbard. I was only a couple feet from him, so when I saw him pulling it out I instantly grabbed my gun I had between the seats, and drew down on him. I couldn't believe he was willing to pull a knife over a bike. In my defense, I didn't draw the gun over a bike but rather in self defense to the knife.*

You followed a BG when there was no threat to YOU, over some property, and then expect us to congratulate you for it? At best, I'll say you need to REALLY think about what is most important. If I may speak bluntly, I would advise you look into what a RESPONSIBLE gun owner would do.

Anyway, I ordered him to put the knife away and just bring the bike back. Being that he was completely surprised to be met with a gun, he decided to bring the bike back. I called the sheriff, he who told me I did the right thing and that the guy was lucky to not have been shot.

You say you had him put the knife away (where he could easily pull it out without warning, mind you) and drop the bike off back at your home. Sounds like something out of a Clint Eastwood or Jean Claude Van Dam movie.
Somehow, I don't believe the sheriff would have said that unless you worded your account MUCH differently to him.

My sister and I were kidnapped in Newport Beach and I ended up shooting our way out of that incident, I was only like 16 years old. As luck would have it, my sister had a gun in her purse, but she had a knife to her throat, so while this freak was ripping her cloths off, I reached up and began fighting with the man, I managed to get my hands on the purse and got the gun out. I thought it would end right there, but he then said you won't use it, and then lunged at me, I fired and he stooped, and then made another lunge at which I fired a second time. He then surrendered and let us out of the van. I don't know if I hit him, but I suspect I did, cause he grabbed his shoulder on the second shot.

You engage a BG who has a KNIFE to your sister's throat, but she gets away unscathed.
You shoot twice at the guy while in the van, and only THINK you hit his shoulder once.
You shoot, and he decides to surrender and "let us out of the van".
Police reports, newspaper clips, or it didn't happen.

Rusty Young Man

Have you no respect for John's bandwidth?

Why, if all that got uploaded, it would shut down the internet.

:D

He might not have to. The incidents could have been set five by five and passed off as simple "gas leaks" or other easily-explainable phenomena before the police even had to get there.

S&W357mag

And excuse my internet ignorance, but what does FIFY, bad url, or any of the other excellent examples of literary ignorance mean? Doesn't anyone write using words, sentences, and paragraph's any more, the English language in other words? I can't read a text because of the fact that this electronic age has stripped society of it's educational values, purposes and literacy. And now our current and future generations have fallen into a self imposed ignorance. It's so sad that so many people younger than 25 can't spell simple words like "what".

It's pretty clear that most of you live with your heads buried in the sand, and just think really bad things can't happen to you. Your the types who carry a gun waiting and hoping for a reason to use it, or because it makes a political statement, and not due to the real and constant threat in our society. I pray you are never caught off guard as I have been. All it takes is a moment of complacency, that is what predators wait for, watch for. My weapon is never out of reach, it's either on my hip, or under my pillow. I don't do business with establishments that post "no guns". But still, the predator has the advantage, they are the hunter, we are the prey, they have the element of surprise. So whether or not you buy into my claims, or not, doesn't matter to me, really. All I really care about is that someone will take the threat seriously enough to heighten their sense of awareness, don't make the mistake of leaving your gun at home, or in the car. Be weary, don't trust someone just because they look, act, or have a particular title.

S&W357mag

S&W357mag

Oh, and since I'm the new guy, just tell me what you shoot, and I'll reload some for ya, seriously. I teach reloading classes, NRA cert.. I don't load target stuff though, only self defense (JHP's) with slow burning powders, so expect full house ammunition only.

Who is, what is Gecko?

S&W357mag

eye95

And excuse my internet ignorance, but what does FIFY, bad url, or any of the other excellent examples of literary ignorance mean? Doesn't anyone write using words, sentences, and paragraph's any more, the English language in other words? I can't read a text because of the fact that this electronic age has stripped society of it's educational values, purposes and literacy. And now our current and future generations have fallen into a self imposed ignorance. It's so sad that so many people younger than 25 can't spell simple words like "what".

It's pretty clear that most of you live with your heads buried in the sand, and just think really bad things can't happen to you. Your the types who carry a gun waiting and hoping for a reason to use it, or because it makes a political statement, and not due to the real and constant threat in our society. I pray you are never caught off guard as I have been. All it takes is a moment of complacency, that is what predators wait for, watch for. My weapon is never out of reach, it's either on my hip, or under my pillow. I don't do business with establishments that post "no guns". But still, the predator has the advantage, they are the hunter, we are the prey, they have the element of surprise. So whether or not you buy into my claims, or not, doesn't matter to me, really. All I really care about is that someone will take the threat seriously enough to heighten their sense of awareness, don't make the mistake of leaving your gun at home, or in the car. Be weary, don't trust someone just because they look, act, or have a particular title.

S&W357mag

FIFY = fixed it for you. url = universal resource locator (an Internet address).

If you are going to be an ass about the way others write, you might want to up your game too. It is "paragraphs," not "paragraph's." See the next post for a discussion on jargon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.
<O>

Last edited:

eye95

Oh, and since I'm the new guy, just tell me what you shoot, and I'll reload some for ya, seriously. I teach reloading classes, NRA cert.. I don't load target stuff though, only self defense (JHP's) with slow burning powders, so expect full house ammunition only.

Who is, what is Gecko?

S&W357mag

What is "NRA"? What is "cert.."? What are "JHP's"?

Everyone uses jargon. If you don't know what something means, just ask. There is no need to be rude about it.

BTW (by the way), I know what all of the above mean. Just showing you that you are being a tad hypocritical.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Rusty Young Man

I've seen enough to form my opinion of the OP

Judging an entire forum based on some spelling errors or lack of grammar.
Also, look to correct in your post what you see following the "*" signs in my post.
*paragraph's>>paragraphs.
This guy is definitely setting off my Troll-dar. He comes in with an amazing tale of how many times he's been attacked, kidnapped, and targeted for assassination. He admits to (allegedly) placing himself in harms way over a BICYCLE. He has thus far provided NO evidence to support his claims, and he tries to pass of his "preparedness" of always having a gun by his side as though he were some kind of special forces guy. If he's not a Gecko45-type (or maybe that "Spec-Ops" character), he's definitely showing promise.
He then comes along and sets up straw men that fill the typical leftist charge of "trigger-happy gun nuts" just wanting to live out some sick fantasy to reinforce their hero complex. Methinks this is a form of projection from the OP.
Looking at his recent posts, he shows great promise as a threadcromancer. My guess is he's simply trying to boost his numbers like that kid Grapeshot caught reviving several threads that had died ~2 years prior.

He may just be a variant of this "Kenne" fellow (much like gun-grabbing trolls, some guys just keep coming back in new forms):
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?105112-Well-here-are-a-few-of-my-stories

It's pretty clear that most of you live with your heads buried in the sand, and just think really bad things can't happen to you.

Condescending tone, and sounds like something Gecko would say: putting down straw men to elevate yourself.

Your the types who carry a gun waiting and hoping for a reason to use it, or because it makes a political statement, and not due to the real and constant threat in our society.

Setting up straw men and attacking them. Typical Gecko/anti/leftist tactic. Possible projection onto straw men of the OP's hero fantasies.
*Your>>You're

I pray you are never caught off guard as I have been. All it takes is a moment of complacency, that is what predators wait for, watch for. My weapon is never out of reach, it's either on my hip, or under my pillow. I don't do business with establishments that post "no guns". But still, the predator has the advantage, they are the hunter, we are the prey, they have the element of surprise.

Typical "I hope this never happens to you, but it happened to me and I survived because of my tacticool-ness".

So whether or not you buy into my claims, or not, doesn't matter to me, really. All I really care about is that someone will take the threat seriously enough to heighten their sense of awareness, don't make the mistake of leaving your gun at home, or in the car. Be weary, don't trust someone just because they look, act, or have a particular title.

S&W357mag

Again, condescending tone of superiority by self-perceived tacticool-ness.

Amazing tales.
Irresponsible acts.
Strawman tactics.
Possible projection of hero complex on strawmen.
Condescending tone.
Most importantly: failure to produce ANY evidence to support his tales.

Don't know about everyone else, but I think I've seen enough to make up my mind with respect to this guy's intentions. I will now abstain from feeding the troll.

*EDIT 11 Nov. 2013*
I will include a list of other posts of his:

Post #45 (Revives 1-1/2 y.o. thread; Angry tirade against members)
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?82349-AZ-open-carry&p=2003304#post2003304

Post #9 (Spews tirade; Gives advice on law, No cites for OP)
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...PPP)-Confusion&p=2003546&posted=1#post2003546

Last edited:

SFCRetired

We used to have a song about this:

Some mothers have sons in the Army

Some mothers have sons overseas.

But break out the brass band, dear mother, your son's in the ROTC

ROTC, sounds like some B.S. to me!!

There's probably folks here older than I am, but, in almost thirty years of military experience and almost seventy years of just living, I have never, ever encountered that many problems.

First indicator of B.S.: Twelve years old and carrying a pistol. I had access to pistols when I was that age, but my butt paid the price if I touched one without Uncle's express permission and supervision. I sure wasn't allowed to go off by myself rabbit or squirrel hunting with one.

websterz

Hey guys... you won't believe what just happened! I was riding my winged unicorn around the neighborhood when I was attacked by a dark elf on a hippogriff. Luckily I was able to unholster my Dillon minigun before HE was able to unsheathe his Vorpol blade. Thank God I got the drop on him... second time this week too!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Hey guys... you won't believe what just happened! I was riding my winged unicorn around the neighborhood when I was attacked by a dark elf on a hippogriff. Luckily I was able to unholster my Dillon minigun before HE was able to unsheathe his Vorpol blade. Thank God I got the drop on him... second time this week too!

:D

OK. That was good.

But, why did you have to unholster the mini-gun? Everybody knows those things come with a swivel to mount directly to your pommel.

Last edited:

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Wow!!! I thought the OP was cool, but clearly you are THE MAN!! :D :rolleyes:

Unsubscribing from this troll-fest.

Last edited: