• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Surviving evil

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by skidmark

Please move to my neighborhood.

No, seriously!

I'm tired of being the crazy gun guy. Your moving in would take a lot of heat off me.:p

stay safe.

You probably won't be replaced as the crazy gun guy, but you will definitely add a weaver of tall tales or maybe a village idiot. :eek:
Two words,,,Comic relief...
Indeed I trust that is so, otherwise I would have responded differently.

One thing is sure - Skid is definitely not the village idiot. In fact he enjoys a very high reputation as a go to guy for precise information on case law, definitions and similar.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

One thing is sure - Skid is definitely not the village idiot. In fact he enjoys a very high reputation as a go to guy for precise information on case law, definitions and similar.

Not only that, but my reading comprehension is in the superlative range. That's why I know they were saying Eye would carry that title. Not that I agree with the assessment, but I'm not sure this village could afford what it would take to raise him. (That's a dig at the villiage I find myself in, not at Eye, for he is an honorable man)

stay safe.

Bernymac

Dammit, that came out wrong. My apologies to skidmark...I was not referring to him as the village idiot. I was alluding that the village who gains the weaver of tall tales will have gained itself village idiot.

I hope that sentence is properly structured.:shocker:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Dammit, that came out wrong. My apologies to skidmark...I was not referring to him as the village idiot. I was alluding that the village who gains the weaver of tall tales will have gained itself village idiot.

I hope that sentence is properly structured.:shocker:

Never thought it was you whose reading comprehension or writing skills were in question. It was directed at the Oulde Pharte you quoted.

And if my neighborhood is going to get a weaver, we're going to need to advertise for a tailor as well for all the fancy suits that I expect will be desired.*

stay safe.

* - for the intelllectually challenged, PM me for an explanation of the imbedded pun.

DW98

Most of you will likely live your entire life having never faced an evil perpetrator

Guess I'm in the minority then.

I'm glad that your firearm saved you when you needed to defend yourself. Only one of the times I've been randomly attacked have I come out of it ok, and that was just luck.

Welcome aboard.

warriorup

It's always hard to envision what somewhat else has gone through using words. I found some very good crime videos on warriorspathredux.com. It keeps me training regularly.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
It's always hard to envision what somewhat else has gone through using words. I found some very good crime videos on warriorspathredux.com. It keeps me training regularly.

To watch any of the videos, that site wants you to download their selected format from them - I don't think so.
Seems to be more of a spam site promoting a particular martial arts school.

Not a very good way to begin your experience here.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

To watch any of the videos, that site wants you to download their selected format from them - I don't think so.
Seems to be more of a spam site promoting a particular martial arts school.

Not a very good way to begin your experience here.

Agree that was pretty close to spam.

But in spite of that, welcome to OCDO.

Unless that was spam and you just showed up to dump that here.

stay safe.

Cannonball

I'm just an old washed up every day American, who worked too many over time hours trying to raise a family, and then tried to get an occasional hunting season in with my sons, when my boss would allow the time off. My position is, and will remain, I've been victimized more than the average person, I'm no hero, and if I payed more attention to my surroundings, or avoided certain situations, I could have probably averted being victimized a few of those times.

Hey, I think I saw you in that one Chevy commercial!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asLiTaweuIM

jasonstorm

Mall Ninja

Thank you for posting this... it just made my night. I'm reading about the Mayor's Nephews virginity being saved...:lol:

Long time lurker, here and various other forums of similar ilk. This was the first time I heard about Gecko45. Followed the link and read the thread. Hillarious. Thanks for posting! So Gecko45 is the original mall ninja?