• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Surviving evil

S&W357mag

Hello my friends,
I am a new member to this forum and thought I would start off by telling you a little bit about myself, and why I choose to open carry. First let me start off by establishing that I have been face to face with the pure evil that lurks in our society, and have survived in many instances, simply because I was armed with a self defense firearm. This is the primary reason if not the only reason why I have been carrying a firearm most of my life, every day, every where I go, and one under my pillow.

Most of you will likely live your entire life having never faced an evil perpetrator, I am not one among you. I have unfortunately faced the most evil of perpetrators countless times throughout my life, 45 years of deadly event after event. I honestly can't count the number of times I have either been kidnapped, or managed to escape such attempts. I have as well been present when friends and family members have fallen victim to such evil, sexual predators and armed attackers. All have been random with the exception of one, in which I was targeted for execution after having agreed to testify as a witness, and following my refusal to heed the advice and threat made by the two thugs. Because of the number of times I have been faced with life and death at the hands of those who clearly intend to take my life, it would take me hours to describe each encounter with any detail, so I will not do so. What I will say, is if there is anyone who supports OC, and the right to defend one's self by means of lethal force, it would be me.

Even though I OC most of the time, I have discovered that it isn't a 100% deterrent, though it helps in my opinion. One would think that obvious firearm on someone's hip, would change the mind of a would be perpetrator. Unfortunately for me, the random deadly attacks have continued. But none the less, I still choose to OC, as it enables me quicker access to my weapon, if nothing else.

Most will ask, what do you do for a living, or where do you live, or what kind of life style do you live, that has placed you in such a high risk of such deadly encounters? The honest answer is, I am not of any particular group that is subject to a higher risk, none what so ever. I'm just one of the less than 1% that has fallen victim more than once, twice, in fact, more than a dozen times in 45 years. It all began at age 12 when I was grabbed from my bike, by a sick man, while riding to my favorite rabbit hunting spot. Unknown to him and by the lack of his observation, I was carrying a 22 cal pistol that early morning, which is in my opinion, the only reason I am alive today. I think, what if I had been going fishing that morning instead of rabbit hunting, I probably wouldn't be here to tell my story. After that morning it just seemed to never stop, one horrible event after another, after another, and after another.... Which clearly explains why I suffer horrible social problems, I suffer with horrible insomnia and night mares? Few know what it feels like to be ordered to beg for your life at the hands of a sick demented individual, unfortunately I do. I can't go any where that doesn't afford me the ability to carry my firearm.

My purpose in this forum is to tell others to never think for one second that it can never happen to you. The most evil of perpetrators are out there, and in some pretty incredible numbers according to my experiences. Don't let your guard down, don't think your safe just because you are in a public place, and don't let other persecute you for taking steps to remain safe and stay alive, such as carrying your weapon, be it OC or CC, just carry it. I have faith in God, an incredible amount of faith, but I also believe we must use the tools provided to use.

God Bless!

S&W357mag

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Welcome to OCDO. Join AZCDL www.axcdl.org and get active with them.

Normally we kid and say the new guy buys the ammo. In your case it might be better if we bought you some.

stay safe.

Primus

Not even a tale. It was just a synopsis of a Steven Segal movie.

Hope it's as fake as it sounds. Might be a CC agent provocateur among us trying to sway guys with his "I open carry, but yet I still get attacked twice a week" story. :lol:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Not even a tale. It was just a synopsis of a Steven Segal movie.

Hope it's as fake as it sounds. Might be a CC agent provocateur among us trying to sway guys with his "I open carry, but yet I still get attacked twice a week" story. :lol:
Possible? Si. I'll be watching.

Rusty Young Man

Twelve points for correct pluralizing. :)

I would hope so, considering he was part of our edge-uh-mah-cation system.

To the OP: With concern for your health, I respectfully suggest moving to a more gun-friendly area of AZ (stay away from cities/towns like Snobsdale, Page, Show Low, and a few on the border with the People's Republik of Kaliforniastan).

On another note, your post here is a bit...eventful... so are you, or have you ever been, aligned with a man by the name of "Gecko" (surname "45")?

Last edited:

S&W357mag

Be reluctant or what ever you choose to be. Just please don't violate me again, I'm so worn out. I'm now old and disabled, but the crap still keeps on happening.

Just a few months ago I caught a guy stealing a bike off my property. It was early morning and my dogs woke me up barking at him. I got out of bed, grabbed my gun, got in my car and caught up with him a couple blocks away. As I pulled up, I was just going to tell him to bring the bike back, but before I even got one word out of my mouth he was sliding this huge knife, one of those machetti looking knives out of the scabbard. I was only a couple feet from him, so when I saw him pulling it out I instantly grabbed my gun I had between the seats, and drew down on him. I couldn't believe he was willing to pull a knife over a bike. In my defense, I didn't draw the gun over a bike but rather in self defense to the knife. Anyway, I ordered him to put the knife away and just bring the bike back. Being that he was completely surprised to be met with a gun, he decided to bring the bike back. I called the sheriff, he who told me I did the right thing and that the guy was lucky to not have been shot.

On the south side 2009, Ajo and just West of I-19, I stooped to grab a gatoraide at the Chevron station convenience store. As I was standing in line this thug gang banger type just reached over and tried to grab my revolver out of the holster. He couldn't figure out how the thumb snap worked I guess, I struggled with him for a few moments and finally broke his hold with my elbow, I carry cross draw. He then took off running out of the store. That was completely my fault for not paying attention to my surroundings.

My sister and I were kidnapped in Newport Beach and I ended up shooting our way out of that incident, I was only like 16 years old. As luck would have it, my sister had a gun in her purse, but she had a knife to her throat, so while this freak was ripping her cloths off, I reached up and began fighting with the man, I managed to get my hands on the purse and got the gun out. I thought it would end right there, but he then said you won't use it, and then lunged at me, I fired and he stooped, and then made another lunge at which I fired a second time. He then surrendered and let us out of the van. I don't know if I hit him, but I suspect I did, cause he grabbed his shoulder on the second shot.

Some guy tried to kidnap my son at knife point at a bus stop, he was caught and went to prison. Again some sick man tried to molest my 12 yr old son, I caught him and he also went to prison. It took every bit of restraint I have to keep my from doing what most parents would do to that type of demented individual. Some drug induced maniac shot up my house. He lived across the street and just felt like shooting up the neighborhood while in a drug induced state I guess? He went to prison and was ordered to pay restitution for the damage to my home.

Look everyone, I understand how incredible I sound, but it's all true, I have been robbed, kidnapped, violently assaulted so many times I honestly can't recall how many times. Some events involved just me, some my wife and I, and some were other family members, including my children, and sister. I only came to this forum because I thought it would be a place where I could share the importance of carrying a self defense firearm, based on how dangerous this world is and my experiences. I didn't think I would be treated this way. I actually thought others here would have some encounters to share as well, maybe I expected to reap some sort of therapy to help me cope, I don't know, but I sure didn't expect to be scrutinized and made fun of. I'm actually really surprised, and even hurt. I'm a God loving individual and would never think to treat someone else like this. I've said my piece, and I guess I'll just leave you all alone, but I pray that no one ever has to go through what I've endured for so many years.

God Bless All Of you!

Michael

Firearms Iinstuctor

Your not as old as some of us here and older then some.

Why haven't you learn to count.

Two gun uses in self defense by the time you were 16 right.

I still not buying it.

You could start by posting copies of some of the police reports

I am sorry but I am calling troll on this one.

Last edited:

eye95

You grabbed your gun to chase after the guy who stole your bike?

Despite your denials, you were willing to use your gun for a bike every bit as much as the thug was willing to use a knife for it.

I do not recommend grabbing a gun and chasing a BG over property.

You struggled with a BG who had a knife to your sister's throat? How did her throat not get cut?

If your stories are true, it seems that some of your behaviors are putting yourself in many of these situations. Examine your choices.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Without cites to the alleged incidents as reported by the OP, they are void of any substance and hardly even allegorical.

These could just have well begun, "Once upon a time............."

WalkingWolf

OP you either are making this stuff up~or there is a large looming black cloud that follows you around. I have never believed in superstitions though.