Thread: The OC Rally in Union, MO. - a PIC

The OC Rally in Union, MO. - a PIC

From left to right: State Senator Brian Nieves (Who carried the OC bill in the Senate), Marc Perez, Charlie Due, Missouri House Speaker Tim Jones, Representative Dave Hinson, Representative Paul Curtman (Who carried the OC Bill in the House)
    Last edited by mspgunner; 11-09-2013 at 06:07 AM.
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

Major thanks to everyone for all the hard work! It will continue!
    "Somebody ever tries to kill you, you try and kill em right back!" - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Open carry in Union, MO

Quote Originally Posted by Oramac View Post
    Major thanks to everyone for all the hard work! It will continue!
    How did you legally open carry in the City of Union? I thought open carry there was against city code so I looked it up. I don't even see an exception for open carry on private property, and there is no exception for a person with a concealed carry permit.

SECTION 215.373: WEAPONS -- CARRYING CONCEALED -- OTHER UNLAWFUL USE

A. A person commits the offense of unlawful use of weapons if he/she knowingly:

1. Carries concealed upon or about his/her person a knife, a firearm, a blackjack or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use; or

2. Sets a spring gun; or

3. Discharges or shoots a firearm within the City limits except as authorized for hunting in Appendix A of Title IV of this Code;* or

4. Exhibits, in the presence of one (1) or more persons, any weapon readily capable of lethal use in an angry or threatening manner; or

5. Has a firearm or projectile weapon readily capable of lethal use on his/her person, while he/she is intoxicated, and handles or otherwise uses such firearm or projectile weapon in either a negligent or unlawful manner or discharges such firearm or projectile weapon unless acting in self defense; or

6. Openly carries a firearm or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use within the City limits; or

7. Carries a firearm, whether loaded or unloaded, or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use into any school, onto any school bus, or onto the premises of any function or activity sponsored or sanctioned by school officials or the district school board.

I got the ordinance from here:
    http://z2codes.sullivanpublications....owset=unionset

Wouldn't the blanket open carry prohibition violate both the U.S. and MO State constitutions??

Which part exactly do you think bans open carry?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kcgunfan View Post
    Which part exactly do you think bans open carry?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    A(6) - unless the event was held outside the city limits.

I think your right!

Quote Originally Posted by cjasper View Post
    How did you legally open carry in the City of Union? I thought open carry there was against city code so I looked it up. I don't even see an exception for open carry on private property, and there is no exception for a person with a concealed carry permit.

SECTION 215.373: WEAPONS -- CARRYING CONCEALED -- OTHER UNLAWFUL USE

A. A person commits the offense of unlawful use of weapons if he/she knowingly:

1. Carries concealed upon or about his/her person a knife, a firearm, a blackjack or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use; or

2. Sets a spring gun; or

3. Discharges or shoots a firearm within the City limits except as authorized for hunting in Appendix A of Title IV of this Code;* or

4. Exhibits, in the presence of one (1) or more persons, any weapon readily capable of lethal use in an angry or threatening manner; or

5. Has a firearm or projectile weapon readily capable of lethal use on his/her person, while he/she is intoxicated, and handles or otherwise uses such firearm or projectile weapon in either a negligent or unlawful manner or discharges such firearm or projectile weapon unless acting in self defense; or

6. Openly carries a firearm or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use within the City limits; or

7. Carries a firearm, whether loaded or unloaded, or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use into any school, onto any school bus, or onto the premises of any function or activity sponsored or sanctioned by school officials or the district school board.

I got the ordinance from here:
    http://z2codes.sullivanpublications....owset=unionset

Wouldn't the blanket open carry prohibition violate both the U.S. and MO State constitutions??
    I looked it up as well and it does seem that they have an ordinance. They must have passed it sometime recently because when I first started OCin about 3 or 4 years ago they had no ordinance. WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT THIS!

Accomplished Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcbess View Post
    I looked it up as well and it does seem that they have an ordinance. They must have passed it sometime recently because when I first started OCin about 3 or 4 years ago they had no ordinance. WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT THIS!
    It was discussed with the authorities prior to the event.
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

Better times. MSP sure was a loss to the movement.
    That photo shows the collaboration and spirit that should exist between The People and the elected representatives.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

If Union has an ordinance, why not hold an open carry event in Washington? No ordinance against it there.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk