• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The OC Rally in Union, MO. - a PIC

mspgunner

From left to right: State Senator Brian Nieves (Who carried the OC bill in the Senate), Marc Perez, Charlie Due, Missouri House Speaker Tim Jones, Representative Dave Hinson, Representative Paul Curtman (Who carried the OC Bill in the House)

Last edited:

cjasper

Open carry in Union, MO

Major thanks to everyone for all the hard work! It will continue!

How did you legally open carry in the City of Union? I thought open carry there was against city code so I looked it up. I don't even see an exception for open carry on private property, and there is no exception for a person with a concealed carry permit.

SECTION 215.373: WEAPONS -- CARRYING CONCEALED -- OTHER UNLAWFUL USE

A. A person commits the offense of unlawful use of weapons if he/she knowingly:

1. Carries concealed upon or about his/her person a knife, a firearm, a blackjack or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use; or

2. Sets a spring gun; or

3. Discharges or shoots a firearm within the City limits except as authorized for hunting in Appendix A of Title IV of this Code;* or

4. Exhibits, in the presence of one (1) or more persons, any weapon readily capable of lethal use in an angry or threatening manner; or

5. Has a firearm or projectile weapon readily capable of lethal use on his/her person, while he/she is intoxicated, and handles or otherwise uses such firearm or projectile weapon in either a negligent or unlawful manner or discharges such firearm or projectile weapon unless acting in self defense; or

6. Openly carries a firearm or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use within the City limits; or

7. Carries a firearm, whether loaded or unloaded, or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use into any school, onto any school bus, or onto the premises of any function or activity sponsored or sanctioned by school officials or the district school board.

I got the ordinance from here:
http://z2codes.sullivanpublications.com/sullivan/Z2Browser2.html?showset=unionset

Wouldn't the blanket open carry prohibition violate both the U.S. and MO State constitutions??

kcgunfan

Which part exactly do you think bans open carry?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

usmcbess

I think your right!

How did you legally open carry in the City of Union? I thought open carry there was against city code so I looked it up. I don't even see an exception for open carry on private property, and there is no exception for a person with a concealed carry permit.

SECTION 215.373: WEAPONS -- CARRYING CONCEALED -- OTHER UNLAWFUL USE

A. A person commits the offense of unlawful use of weapons if he/she knowingly:

1. Carries concealed upon or about his/her person a knife, a firearm, a blackjack or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use; or

2. Sets a spring gun; or

3. Discharges or shoots a firearm within the City limits except as authorized for hunting in Appendix A of Title IV of this Code;* or

4. Exhibits, in the presence of one (1) or more persons, any weapon readily capable of lethal use in an angry or threatening manner; or

5. Has a firearm or projectile weapon readily capable of lethal use on his/her person, while he/she is intoxicated, and handles or otherwise uses such firearm or projectile weapon in either a negligent or unlawful manner or discharges such firearm or projectile weapon unless acting in self defense; or

6. Openly carries a firearm or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use within the City limits; or

7. Carries a firearm, whether loaded or unloaded, or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use into any school, onto any school bus, or onto the premises of any function or activity sponsored or sanctioned by school officials or the district school board.

I got the ordinance from here:
http://z2codes.sullivanpublications.com/sullivan/Z2Browser2.html?showset=unionset

Wouldn't the blanket open carry prohibition violate both the U.S. and MO State constitutions??

I looked it up as well and it does seem that they have an ordinance. They must have passed it sometime recently because when I first started OCin about 3 or 4 years ago they had no ordinance. WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT THIS!

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I looked it up as well and it does seem that they have an ordinance. They must have passed it sometime recently because when I first started OCin about 3 or 4 years ago they had no ordinance. WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT THIS!

It was discussed with the authorities prior to the event.

Rusty Young Man

Better times. MSP sure was a loss to the movement.
That photo shows the collaboration and spirit that should exist between The People and the elected representatives.

cjasper

If Union has an ordinance, why not hold an open carry event in Washington? No ordinance against it there.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk