• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun "Buyback" in Highland Park this AM

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
update just for dr todd

ok... so i still haven't shot the bugger, but the stock felt a little sloppy and i was having a little trouble with feeding rounds even after i cleaned the gun up. so i called up hi-point. very nice folks. they said they could either drop a new stock in the mail or i could pay just $40 to upgrade to the tacticool stock... so i said "sure."
then the nice lady said "is that all you would like?"
i said "what else you got?"
she proceeded to list off the items they have so i ended up getting the tacticool stock, a folding fore-grip for $25 and a spare mag holder w/ 2 mags for $40. and since my order came to over $100 i got a free tshirt.... i didn't have to pay shipping because they considered the stock a warranty replacement.
and ya, i'm rubbing it in, so stop by and check out the new pics.
https://plus.google.com/photos/1159...s/5946631276897227985?authkey=CLnnzNLJ6OLY8gE

Last edited:

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
yeah, i even messaged them on facebook with my serial number to ask when my gun was manufactured. they messaged back and said "Looking like June of 04. And it is still covered by the warranty. Just an F.Y.I."
really nice of them to volunteer the information that it's under warranty without my asking. some companies try to weasel out of it.