• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Joe Connolly launches 'Nuclear Option' -- End Game?

Repeater

Does this seem suspicious to anyone?

1) Possible discrepancy in Fairfax absentee votes could affect count in AG race
The Fairfax County Electoral Board is investigating a possible irregularity in the number of absentee ballots cast in Virginia’s largest jurisdiction that Democrats say could shift votes in the still-unresolved race for Virginia attorney general.

One oddity was flagged in Fairfax County by the political team of Rep. Gerald E. Connolly (D-Va.).

Huh.
Kevin O’Holleran, a spokesman for Herring’s campaign, said the Democrat was also eager to get to the bottom of the issue.

“We feel very strongly that Mark Herring will be the next attorney general,” O’Holleran said. “Based on a number of significant indicators, there may be thousands of unaccounted absentee votes in Fairfax County. This issue needs to be addressed immediately to ensure every Virginian’s vote is counted.”

You don't say.

2) Nearly 2,000 votes in Fairfax possibly uncounted
Fairfax County election officials said Friday that they believe nearly 2,000 votes went uncounted after Tuesday’s elections, a technical error that could affect the outcome of the still unresolved race for Virginia attorney general.

The error stemmed from problems with a broken machine at the county’s Mason district voting center, officials said.

Oh, a broken machine. Right.
The extra votes, which come from an area that leans heavily in favor of Democrats, could affect the outcome of the attorney general’s race ...

No kidding.

3) Herring gains in Fairfax County canvass
The Fairfax County Electoral Board has released the numbers from its canvass of the absentee votes from Tuesday's election, and the results are good news for Democratic attorney general candidate Sen. Mark Herring.

After Saturday's canvass, results from the 8th Congressional District show 5,137 votes for Herring and 2,039 for Republican state Sen. Mark Obenshain. That's a gain of about 2,100 votes for Herring, about 900 for Obenshain.

How convenient.

davidmcbeth

Banned
A Republican member of the electoral board, Brian Schoeneman, agreed in several tweets late Thursday that a discrepancy exists. “I am convinced now too that there is an issue,” he tweeted.

With friends like this, who need enemies ?

Is he a democrat in reality?

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
Nothing surprises me in the liberal bastions of close in Northern Virginia. I obtained information within the past ten years about outright voting fraud in Arlington. Seems the few remaining enclaves of more conservative areas of the county had problems with the tabulating machines and those votes were not counted because of the "failed machines". My source informed me that this was deliberate.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Nothing surprises me in the liberal bastions of close in Northern Virginia. I obtained information within the past ten years about outright voting fraud in Arlington. Seems the few remaining enclaves of more conservative areas of the county had problems with the tabulating machines and those votes were not counted because of the "failed machines". My source informed me that this was deliberate.

Machine issues do not nullify the votes .. they still get counted. The old fashion way...by hand.

F350

Forty-five

Sounds like how Al Fraken stole the senatorial election in Minnesota.

...and the 2004 Washington state gubernatorial race. Despite the GOP's Rossi being declared the winner in at least two counts, they apparently found some missing ballots, which after additional manual recounting put the Gregoire (D) in the lead. Basically, they kept counting til the (D) was in the lead. Then they said, okay no more counting.

Thundar

I know the adage walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it must be a duck, but we don't really know what this is all about yet.

The ballot counting process is designed to be a very tight process in Virginia. I know because I am an officer of election in Newport News and have to help deliver all of the results from the precinct in sealed envelopes.

I would encourage all to consider becoming an officer of election for their city or county. Be part of the process before condemning it.

That is not to say that the process is without corruption. We hope that honest men and women execute their duties in a competent and impartial manner. Whether there is corruption or not, there will be a level of incompetence. The public perception of incompetence and/or corruption is extremely corrosive to the process.

It is a pity that some cities and counties manage to screw things up. The public perception of incompetence and/or corruption is extremely corrosive to the process. Incompetent Registrars should be impeached and civil penalties against cities and counties that manage to screw it up should be assessed.

zoom6zoom

all I can say for certain is that this sort of thing makes me very reluctant to vote absentee anymore. And even the machines keep me wondering if they actually recorded how I actually voted.

If the vote was 1000 votes in the other direction, I doubt those "missing ballots" would ever have seen the light of day.

davidmcbeth

Banned
all I can say for certain is that this sort of thing makes me very reluctant to vote absentee anymore. And even the machines keep me wondering if they actually recorded how I actually voted.

If the vote was 1000 votes in the other direction, I doubt those "missing ballots" would ever have seen the light of day.

Absentee ballots are easiest to knock out from being counted. Why would you vote absentee? Only if you cannot go and vote ...

ElectricTurtle

...and the 2004 Washington state gubernatorial race. Despite the GOP's Rossi being declared the winner in at least two counts, they apparently found some missing ballots, which after additional manual recounting put the Gregoire (D) in the lead. Basically, they kept counting til the (D) was in the lead. Then they said, okay no more counting.

I lived in WA in 2004 and participated in that election and followed the ensuing battle closely. The last recount was wholly bought and paid for by the Democratic Party to overturn the two previous counts which both favored Rossi. It was demonstrated after the "election" of Gregoire that the margin she won by could be completely cancelled by demonstrably fraudulent activities including votes by felons and dead people, but even though that was demonstrated in open court, the court ruled it was not sufficient to invalidate the "election". It was one of the most ludicrous travesties of so-called democracy that I have ever had the misfortune to witness and participate in. If VA law is as bad as WA law, the same thing could happen here.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I lived in WA in 2004 and participated in that election and followed the ensuing battle closely. The last recount was wholly bought and paid for by the Democratic Party to overturn the two previous counts which both favored Rossi. It was demonstrated after the "election" of Gregoire that the margin she won by could be completely cancelled by demonstrably fraudulent activities including votes by felons and dead people, but even though that was demonstrated in open court, the court ruled it was not sufficient to invalidate the "election". It was one of the most ludicrous travesties of so-called democracy that I have ever had the misfortune to witness and participate in. If VA law is as bad as WA law, the same thing could happen here.

Of course it was !

That's why being an election judge is important. And its important that the biggest A***holes your party has are election judges.

I've been an election judge many times ... I can assure you that w/o your party's election judges, votes will be lost.

Welcome to America ... its the way it has been for years ...