• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I litterally just laughed at anti-2a commentors on facebook....

stealthyeliminator

It's a serious matter, but... I seriously just laughed. I honest to goodness could not help it. I just don't understand how this is real? I feel like I should be reading this on The Onion.

"To get rid of semi-automatic guns and the thugs that brandish them you have to get rid of the GOP & Teapublicans that think anything goes with guns. Guns for hunting are okay but those who want guns in every inch of this country are not 'patriots', they are killers looking for targets. The NRA owns the Tea Party and most of the GOP. Refuse to let them rule your lives and kill your families because they say it's 'their right.'" hahahahaha

"... exercising their own Constitutionally protected rights to free speech, freedom of association and freedom from a weaponized world." hahahaha
"Bullying is not a right guaranteed or protected anywhere in the United States Constitution. Freedom from bullying, however, is. smh" HAHAHAHA

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2013-11-09 16:51:11.jpg
    Screenshot from 2013-11-09 16:51:11.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:

Primus

What are the dudes doing in that photo you posted? Assaulting a starbucks? Taking a knee on a long ruck?

davidmcbeth

Banned
I just tell them I would rather have 20 kids dead due to psychos every 20 years than millions killed by the gov't every year.

eye95

If we were really killers looking for targets, they'd be dead. The very reason they are alive is that almost all carriers are rational!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

stealthyeliminator

What are the dudes doing in that photo you posted? Assaulting a starbucks? Taking a knee on a long ruck?

I believe they are posing for a picture (photographer out of view), but I wasn't there so I am not certain. I believe they were having an open carry walk - not simply "rallying outside" of the store at which MDA was holding a meeting... But any chance they get to call gun owners, or 2a advocates bullies, they take it. One of their posts called Greg Abbot a bully, in all caps. :rolleyes:

They complain that their rights are being infringed because they feel intimidated by gun owners who are outside on the parking lot. Unfortunately for them, this belief has no realistic foundation, as an irrational fear of firearms which leads to feeling (emotional reaction, not logical conclusion) intimidated in the presence of gun owners doesn't equate to the gun owners violating any of their rights.

But alas, I didn't mean to actually hash out the falsity of their statements or irrationality of their position. I just figured some of you guys wouldn't be able to help but laugh at it too. It's so outlandish and dramatic, like a play or something. I can imagine someone on stage over-emphasizing as they proclaim the words posted, flailing their arms in perceived but entirely fictional turmoil :D

Like in that movie.. I think it was Will Ferral? Or something? The race car driver.. When he crashes, and gets out, and is running around screaming that he's on fire. :D

Last edited:

stealthyeliminator

Here is the other angle hahahaha :D

The bickering between these two groups might be getting a little juvenile.. Still makes me laugh, though.

Attachments

• other_angle.jpg
    other_angle.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

Rusty Young Man

Here is the other angle hahahaha :D

The bickering between these two groups might be getting a little juvenile.. Still makes me laugh, though.

Thank you for the new perspective.:D

It's amazing how different things can look when you look at them from a different angle.:p

It just goes to show that sometimes we judge without seeing the whole picture.:)

Oh well. Each side will always frame things differently.:lol: