Thread: why Mythbusters wouldnt do RFID

why Mythbusters wouldnt do RFID

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X034R3yzDhw

I found this interesting.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    But... but... it's so cool to pay with your phone instead of a CC!!! If it gets hacked, insurance will reimburse you, right?

Or maybe you found it interesting that the CC companies were able to block the episode exposing the weaknesses of the technology they're pushing. It's pretty sly - that they'd push technology to give them edge in the market knowing that technology exposes their customers to increased risk. Doesn't any company that's ever done any sort of major advertizing done that, though?
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 11-10-2013 at 09:00 AM.
    Advocate freedom please

Banned
    So someone else do it. This time, don't bother to ask for help from the industry. Just do it and sell it to a news outlet. If they won't run it, there is always YouTube.

It just makes sense not to have anything that passively gives out your should-be-secure information. I should have to take an active step to allow someone access to my information. Security 101. I don't need the MythBusters to tell me that RFID is dangerous.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    But... but... it's so cool to pay with your phone instead of a CC!!! If it gets hacked, insurance will reimburse you, right?

Or maybe you found it interesting that the CC companies were able to block the episode exposing the weaknesses of the technology they're pushing. It's pretty sly - that they'd push technology to give them edge in the market knowing that technology exposes their customers to increased risk. Doesn't any company that's ever done any sort of major advertizing done that, though?
    You know that cannot be correct ~ the CC's are mostly run by banks. They wouldn't want us any harm, right? Right?

lol