Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Open carry stop of two law abiding citizens. Being patronized. Wisconsin

Open carry stop of two law abiding citizens. Being patronized. Wisconsin

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b59_1384076493

Police officer will "Shoot you in the head" - Open Carry Stop by Neenah Police, WI, 11/3/2013

This is a video from a YouTube user and here is his description of the stop.

"All this from one non emergency call. this happened on commercial st in neenah wi. it is sad that between the neenah police chief and the LT they cant keep a story straight. lt told me there was several 911 calls. chief told me on the phone there was 1 non emergency call. then he beefed up his story for the new that there was several 911 calls."

The officer threatened twice to shoot two different citizens in the head if they moved their hands.
    They were legally carrying and this stop was extremely bad example of how a police officer should carry out his duty.

If you want to contact the Neenah police department about this stop you can contact them here:

2111 Marathon Ave, Neenah, WI
    (920) 886-6000

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    twitchy cop with her gun low and ready.....yikes!
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Comparatively, I would be much happier with that cop than just about any other cop I've ever seen in these types of videos.

Emailing right now!!

I am emailing the police department in Neenah, Wisconsin. Nothing nasty, just letting them know. Please email also. I know it is easy for me to say living here in NJ, but a group of Wisconsin citizens asking to meet with the department may be helpful. Baby steps is what it sometimes takes.

Another title meant to stoke a reaction.

Title should have been "polite stop by local pd" or "local pd talks to guy like he's an adult". I hope if anyone sent an e-mail they commended the officer for being cool headed and talking to him like a normal human being. The officer even makes it clear he will not take him in to custody unless there is some violation. Keep these videos coming they actually made the PD look pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post

Title should have been "polite stop by local pd" or "local pd talks to guy like he's an adult". I hope if anyone sent an e-mail they commended the officer for being cool headed and talking to him like a normal human being. The officer even makes it clear he will not take him in to custody unless there is some violation. Keep these videos coming they actually made the PD look pretty good.
    The cops were very polite. More polite than in many of these stops of open carriers. That said, I see no RAS for a detention. Politely violating someone's 4A rights is still violating their 4A rights.
    NRA Certified Instructor
    NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
    Front Sight Distinguished Graduate, Handgun, Glock 35 and Glock 23
    FFL Type 7, Class 2 SOT (Licensed NFA Firearms Manufacturer)
    If you CCW, consider the benefits of joining CCWSafe.com.

Banned
    If a cop politely violates my 4A rights, I will pursue corrective action--and I will not feel compelled to be polite.

Politeness does not make breaking the law OK, even by (especially by) a cop!

A polite thug is still a thug.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    What a dick. As soon as he started talking to me like I was a 2 year old, or even mentioned shooting me in the head, I would have said I'm sorry but I decline to answer any questions, I don't consent to any searches or seizures of my person or property, and I'd like to talk to my attorney.

Sorry, officer, but it's against the law to detain someone just so you can give them a piece of your (uninformed) mind. Also, lecturing grown men as if they're children just makes you look like a *****.
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 11-10-2013 at 10:06 PM.
    Advocate freedom please

It seems that the definition of polite is being reduced to "Well, what more do ya want dude, I didn't bust a cap in yo azz! Can't get anymore polite than that now can I."

That cop and his tone and tenor was anything but http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/polite

Thug azz cop.

Banned
    Well, he said it all politely. What he did was ever-so-slightly-impolite. But he used polite words. So, all is OK? mkay?

<o>

..and if the guy exercised his right not let his right to feel secure in his person and effects.....

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Wrong!!

The original title was EXACTLY right, word for word.

Quote Originally Posted by fjpro2a View Post
    But the truth is "provocative" to some.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fjpro2a View Post
    I find the title to be an accurate description of what happened. A title saying the cop was polite would be misleading. His actions were impolite and illegal. It is unfortunate that the carrier did not challenge the officers actions more. Having a gun pointed at one, combined with the threat to shoot in the head, can jumble one's thinking--which is why we discuss these things. We are doing the thinking now that we will be hampered in doing at the time of a stop.

We are ingraining in our psyches the words, "Am I free to go?" "I do not consent to any searches or seizures of me or my stuff," and "I want my attorney present before I answer any questions," all of which this carrier should have said.

<o>

so when I posted this topic my thread gets deleted because its off topic for open carry ? hmmmmm

I guess open carry issues are not related to the open carry forum unless someone else posts it.

Quote Originally Posted by onus View Post
    so when I posted this topic my thread gets deleted because its off topic for open carry ? hmmmmm

I guess open carry issues are not related to the open carry forum unless someone else posts it.
    I blame the primus(whatever) guy. He was complaining about it being a long gun instead of a pistol, and I sarcastically told him to report the post then. I'd imagine he did, since your thread was deleted shortly thereafter. I'm sorry.
    Advocate freedom please

Banned
    That and onus is likely on a "watch list" as, IMO, he well should be.

<o>

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    I blame the primus(whatever) guy. He was complaining about it being a long gun instead of a pistol, and I sarcastically told him to report the post then. I'd imagine he did, since your thread was deleted shortly thereafter. I'm sorry.
    Shocked face.... you blame me? Cute. But I didn't even see your response about "report the post". I left to work on something, came back and it was deleted. But my assertion still stands, it's about long gun carrying not pistols, which is blatant violation of rules. So is the whole intent of the thread. It's meant to show leo in a bad light and not even a very good example.

1) They topic of long gun carry has come up in previous posts and most guys have agreed it's begging for trouble (remember the Canada border thread, people said leave the rifles at home it's asking for trouble).

2) "Now in this day and age as a police officer, if you make a furtive action towards a weapon, then you know what I'm going to do? I'm going to shoot you right in the head". That was the full quote. The title lacks CONTEXT. It was an explanation of the process. Oh, and the guy who he said that to, wasn't even mad about it.

3) I keep saying it.... walk around with a long rifle (which I bet no one on here does, or very few) is begging for trouble. To walk around with a revolver (or auto loader like me)on your hip is a good idea, not with a rifle. We know people are sheep and they get scared. You can choose to make stand and prove a point by doing something like these guys did (he admitted that's why he was doing it), but it may bite you in the a**.

I'm glad no one got hurt and /or arrested.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    That and onus is likely on a "watch list" as, IMO, he well should be.
    you are obsessed with me. creepy

Banned
    you are obsessed with me. creepy
    Nah. I just find your behavior with cops and your behavior here to be pathological and quite mockable.

<o>

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Nah. I just find your behavior with cops and your behavior here to be pathological and quite mockable.
    keep on keepin on

Banned
    keep on keepin on
    Well, since you asked me to do so...

<o>

Basically my post in the other thread was furiously attacking your BS assertions. Thankfully, you've made new BS assertions here that I can do the same with. My responses in bold.

Shocked face.... you blame me? Cute. But I didn't even see your response about "report the post". I left to work on something, came back and it was deleted. But my assertion still stands, it's about long gun carrying not pistols, which is blatant violation of rules. So is the whole intent of the thread. It's meant to show leo in a bad light and not even a very good example.
    It's an excellent example. Violates forum rules? Probably so, but when has that really mattered? I just posted a thread in the Texas subforum which was not in violation of forum rules, and ironically it was closed with a bolded cite of the specific exemption that applies to said thread, making it rule-compliant.

1) They topic of long gun carry has come up in previous posts and most guys have agreed it's begging for trouble (remember the Canada border thread, people said leave the rifles at home it's asking for trouble).
    Then most guys would be wrong. It is a logical fallacy to say that something is because many have agreed that it is.

2) "Now in this day and age as a police officer, if you make a furtive action towards a weapon, then you know what I'm going to do? I'm going to shoot you right in the head". That was the full quote. The title lacks CONTEXT. It was an explanation of the process. Oh, and the guy who he said that to, wasn't even mad about it.
    It was not simply an explanation of the process. You are ignoring the behaviour of the officers, the context of the statement, and the way in which the statement was verbally produced. Moreover, there is NO ******* WAY that you have any idea whether or not the detainee was angry, or to what degree he was angry.

3) I keep saying it.... walk around with a long rifle (which I bet no one on here does, or very few) is begging for trouble. To walk around with a revolver (or auto loader like me)on your hip is a good idea, not with a rifle. We know people are sheep and they get scared. You can choose to make stand and prove a point by doing something like these guys did (he admitted that's why he was doing it), but it may bite you in the a**.
    This is the mentality of a privilege oriented OC supported, not a liberty oriented OC supporter.

I'm glad no one got hurt and /or arrested.
    Wonderful. What will make it right is if the detainees are compensated duly. Until then, my joy regarding this incident will be limited.
    Advocate freedom please

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    Basically my post in the other thread was furiously attacking your BS assertions. Thankfully, you've made new BS assertions here that I can do the same with. My responses in bold.
    So be it.. furiously attack all you want. I'm glad my opinions warrant your ferocity. And I can respect your ferociousness. I'm going back to furiously killing bad guys on Ghosts.

So he is a sociopath who can calmly talk about killing people?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast