• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry stop of two law abiding citizens. Being patronized. Wisconsin

stealthyeliminator

Basically my post in the other thread was furiously attacking your BS assertions. Thankfully, you've made new BS assertions here that I can do the same with. My responses in bold.

Shocked face.... you blame me? Cute. But I didn't even see your response about "report the post". I left to work on something, came back and it was deleted. But my assertion still stands, it's about long gun carrying not pistols, which is blatant violation of rules. So is the whole intent of the thread. It's meant to show leo in a bad light and not even a very good example.
It's an excellent example. Violates forum rules? Probably so, but when has that really mattered? I just posted a thread in the Texas subforum which was not in violation of forum rules, and ironically it was closed with a bolded cite of the specific exemption that applies to said thread, making it rule-compliant.

1) They topic of long gun carry has come up in previous posts and most guys have agreed it's begging for trouble (remember the Canada border thread, people said leave the rifles at home it's asking for trouble).
Then most guys would be wrong. It is a logical fallacy to say that something is because many have agreed that it is.

2) "Now in this day and age as a police officer, if you make a furtive action towards a weapon, then you know what I'm going to do? I'm going to shoot you right in the head". That was the full quote. The title lacks CONTEXT. It was an explanation of the process. Oh, and the guy who he said that to, wasn't even mad about it.
It was not simply an explanation of the process. You are ignoring the behaviour of the officers, the context of the statement, and the way in which the statement was verbally produced. Moreover, there is NO ******* WAY that you have any idea whether or not the detainee was angry, or to what degree he was angry.

3) I keep saying it.... walk around with a long rifle (which I bet no one on here does, or very few) is begging for trouble. To walk around with a revolver (or auto loader like me)on your hip is a good idea, not with a rifle. We know people are sheep and they get scared. You can choose to make stand and prove a point by doing something like these guys did (he admitted that's why he was doing it), but it may bite you in the a**.
This is the mentality of a privilege oriented OC supported, not a liberty oriented OC supporter.

I'm glad no one got hurt and /or arrested.
Wonderful. What will make it right is if the detainees are compensated duly. Until then, my joy regarding this incident will be limited.

Primus

Basically my post in the other thread was furiously attacking your BS assertions. Thankfully, you've made new BS assertions here that I can do the same with. My responses in bold.

So be it.. furiously attack all you want. I'm glad my opinions warrant your ferocity. And I can respect your ferociousness. I'm going back to furiously killing bad guys on Ghosts.

sudden valley gunner

2) "Now in this day and age as a police officer, if you make a furtive action towards a weapon, then you know what I'm going to do? I'm going to shoot you right in the head". That was the full quote. The title lacks CONTEXT. It was an explanation of the process. Oh, and the guy who he said that to, wasn't even mad about it.

So he is a sociopath who can calmly talk about killing people?

carolina guy

So he is a sociopath who can calmly talk about killing people?

My first thoughts after watching that video were:

1) I had forgotten how annoying the mid western "..., ok?" really is... ;-)
2) Why the OCer didn't INSIST that ALL the officers holster their firearms BEFORE he was willing to "discuss" anything with the original contact LEO?
3) The female LEO must have just come from the academy, otherwise, she needs to find another line of work.

tomrkba

Another title meant to stoke a reaction.

Title should have been "polite stop by local pd" or "local pd talks to guy like he's an adult". I hope if anyone sent an e-mail they commended the officer for being cool headed and talking to him like a normal human being. The officer even makes it clear he will not take him in to custody unless there is some violation. Keep these videos coming they actually made the PD look pretty good.

Threatening to murder someone in a polite manner is still a murder threat. That officer in Canton, Ohio was far more excited, but the threat to the citizen was the same.

carolina guy

Another title meant to stoke a reaction.

Title should have been "polite stop by local pd" or "local pd talks to guy like he's an adult". I hope if anyone sent an e-mail they commended the officer for being cool headed and talking to him like a normal human being. The officer even makes it clear he will not take him in to custody unless there is some violation. Keep these videos coming they actually made the PD look pretty good.

So...the LEOs made it clear that they would not *FURTHER* violate his rights for doing nothing wrong? Wow...that's polite!

I bet those OCer's should stop doing something like that and bothering people, they might amend the Constitution or something. (*choke*)(*gasp*)

Last edited:

NoTolerance

Oh, and the guy who he said that to, wasn't even mad about it.

That's one hell of an assumption on your part. Are you basing this on the fact that Charles didn't flip out on the scene? Have you spoken to Charles about his experience? Because I have, and I can promise you in no uncertain terms that he was mad as hell about the entire interaction!

Conversely, a week or two before, Charles had a very positive encounter with an Appleton LEO that didn't involve guns being drawn or repeated threats of violence against his person.

OC for ME

Primus is a cop apologist. Primus views any encounter a OCer has with LE as "OCer deserved it, the cop is being unfairly maligned" situation. Primus, via his words, would be supportive of banning LG OC everywhere. His position in this thread speaks to the truth of my words.

OC for ME

<snip>

<snip>
I too would be very very very calm when confronted by several armed state agents ready and willing to shoot me in the head for engaging in lawful behavior.

You disagree with the law abiding citizen. You support and condone the acts and threats of those cops.

The words you have posted in this thread are further evidence as to you being a agent provocateur, and a member of the cop apologensia.

onus

When the cop said he would shoot the law abiding citizen in the head, the law abiding citizen should have said "thank you for the warning sir. now, in all fairness I must warn you as well. if you decide to fire lethal rounds at me for doing nothing illegal or threatening I will respond by firing lethal rounds back at you. I too am wearing a bulletproof vest and my friend with the long gun is a crack shot. so if you want to have a shoot out over me doing nothing illegal, just call your wife and children right now and tell them you wont be home tonight"

davidmcbeth

Banned
When the cop said he would shoot the law abiding citizen in the head, the law abiding citizen should have said "thank you for the warning sir. now, in all fairness I must warn you as well. if you decide to fire lethal rounds at me for doing nothing illegal or threatening I will respond by firing lethal rounds back at you. I too am wearing a bulletproof vest and my friend with the long gun is a crack shot. so if you want to have a shoot out over me doing nothing illegal, just call your wife and children right now and tell them you wont be home tonight"

To much yammering ... lol

eye95

Dumb advice. Way to escalate. If you feel the need to defend yourself, just do it. No bluster necessary.

Personally, I'd try to defuse the situation, rather than escalate it. Everything the cop did wrong in this situation can be fixed later. You can't fix dead.

Dumb advice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.
<O>

On edit: Corrected the spelling of "advice."

Last edited:

carolina guy

Sounds a bit too much like a "B" western movie script...

IMO, the OCer should have simply refused to "cooperate" with any questioning beyond the absolute minimum required by law in that jurisdiction while ANY weapons were drawn/held at the ready.

Much more than that level of confrontation sounds like at least time in handcuffs to me.

Last edited:

JoeSparky

Centurion
Threatening to murder someone in a polite manner is still a murder threat. That officer in Canton, Ohio was far more excited, but the threat to the citizen was the same.

This!!!!! I agree with 100%!

ANY threat made by anyone who has the ability to make good on the threat is a VALID threat---- NO MATTER HOW "POLITELY" STATED!!!!

JoeSparky

Centurion

ONUS, did you give that Mcbeth character your logon? This "advice" sounds like something he would suggest!

OC for ME

If Charles pursues any recourse I suspect that he will not go very far. The cop was very specific in the words he chose to attach to his head shot threat. Cops will not be held to account for rhetoric. If anything there is a very slim chance that a cop could be held to account based on the threatened use of force by the other cops.

stealthyeliminator

Say anti-basher, so hesheit doesn't confuse apologist with apologizing.

I confused apologist with apologetic in another thread. Oops.

Female cop definitely did look like she was fresh out of academy. Her moves were all tense and over-pronounced. I think she was trying to impress someone.