• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry stop of two law abiding citizens. Being patronized. Wisconsin

ptrdsmn

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b59_1384076493

Police officer will "Shoot you in the head" - Open Carry Stop by Neenah Police, WI, 11/3/2013

This is a video from a YouTube user and here is his description of the stop.

"All this from one non emergency call. this happened on commercial st in neenah wi. it is sad that between the neenah police chief and the LT they cant keep a story straight. lt told me there was several 911 calls. chief told me on the phone there was 1 non emergency call. then he beefed up his story for the new that there was several 911 calls."

The officer threatened twice to shoot two different citizens in the head if they moved their hands.
They were legally carrying and this stop was extremely bad example of how a police officer should carry out his duty.

If you want to contact the Neenah police department about this stop you can contact them here:

2111 Marathon Ave, Neenah, WI
(920) 886-6000

Brace

Comparatively, I would be much happier with that cop than just about any other cop I've ever seen in these types of videos.

fjpro2a

Emailing right now!!

I am emailing the police department in Neenah, Wisconsin. Nothing nasty, just letting them know. Please email also. I know it is easy for me to say living here in NJ, but a group of Wisconsin citizens asking to meet with the department may be helpful. Baby steps is what it sometimes takes.

Primus

Another title meant to stoke a reaction.

Title should have been "polite stop by local pd" or "local pd talks to guy like he's an adult". I hope if anyone sent an e-mail they commended the officer for being cool headed and talking to him like a normal human being. The officer even makes it clear he will not take him in to custody unless there is some violation. Keep these videos coming they actually made the PD look pretty good.

BrianB

Title should have been "polite stop by local pd" or "local pd talks to guy like he's an adult". I hope if anyone sent an e-mail they commended the officer for being cool headed and talking to him like a normal human being. The officer even makes it clear he will not take him in to custody unless there is some violation. Keep these videos coming they actually made the PD look pretty good.

The cops were very polite. More polite than in many of these stops of open carriers. That said, I see no RAS for a detention. Politely violating someone's 4A rights is still violating their 4A rights.

eye95

If a cop politely violates my 4A rights, I will pursue corrective action--and I will not feel compelled to be polite.

Politeness does not make breaking the law OK, even by (especially by) a cop!

A polite thug is still a thug.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

stealthyeliminator

What a dick. As soon as he started talking to me like I was a 2 year old, or even mentioned shooting me in the head, I would have said I'm sorry but I decline to answer any questions, I don't consent to any searches or seizures of my person or property, and I'd like to talk to my attorney.

Sorry, officer, but it's against the law to detain someone just so you can give them a piece of your (uninformed) mind. Also, lecturing grown men as if they're children just makes you look like a *****.

Last edited:

eye95

Well, he said it all politely. What he did was ever-so-slightly-impolite. But he used polite words. So, all is OK? mkay?

<o>

fjpro2a

Wrong!!

The original title was EXACTLY right, word for word.

eye95

The original title was EXACTLY right, word for word.

I find the title to be an accurate description of what happened. A title saying the cop was polite would be misleading. His actions were impolite and illegal. It is unfortunate that the carrier did not challenge the officers actions more. Having a gun pointed at one, combined with the threat to shoot in the head, can jumble one's thinking--which is why we discuss these things. We are doing the thinking now that we will be hampered in doing at the time of a stop.

We are ingraining in our psyches the words, "Am I free to go?" "I do not consent to any searches or seizures of me or my stuff," and "I want my attorney present before I answer any questions," all of which this carrier should have said.

<o>

onus

so when I posted this topic my thread gets deleted because its off topic for open carry ? hmmmmm

I guess open carry issues are not related to the open carry forum unless someone else posts it.

stealthyeliminator

so when I posted this topic my thread gets deleted because its off topic for open carry ? hmmmmm

I guess open carry issues are not related to the open carry forum unless someone else posts it.

I blame the primus(whatever) guy. He was complaining about it being a long gun instead of a pistol, and I sarcastically told him to report the post then. I'd imagine he did, since your thread was deleted shortly thereafter. I'm sorry.

Primus

I blame the primus(whatever) guy. He was complaining about it being a long gun instead of a pistol, and I sarcastically told him to report the post then. I'd imagine he did, since your thread was deleted shortly thereafter. I'm sorry.

Shocked face.... you blame me? Cute. But I didn't even see your response about "report the post". I left to work on something, came back and it was deleted. But my assertion still stands, it's about long gun carrying not pistols, which is blatant violation of rules. So is the whole intent of the thread. It's meant to show leo in a bad light and not even a very good example.

1) They topic of long gun carry has come up in previous posts and most guys have agreed it's begging for trouble (remember the Canada border thread, people said leave the rifles at home it's asking for trouble).

2) "Now in this day and age as a police officer, if you make a furtive action towards a weapon, then you know what I'm going to do? I'm going to shoot you right in the head". That was the full quote. The title lacks CONTEXT. It was an explanation of the process. Oh, and the guy who he said that to, wasn't even mad about it.

3) I keep saying it.... walk around with a long rifle (which I bet no one on here does, or very few) is begging for trouble. To walk around with a revolver (or auto loader like me)on your hip is a good idea, not with a rifle. We know people are sheep and they get scared. You can choose to make stand and prove a point by doing something like these guys did (he admitted that's why he was doing it), but it may bite you in the a**.

I'm glad no one got hurt and /or arrested.