• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

give it your best shot Mr. Hartman

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Since the mean people are doing it wrong, you have my full invitation and support to show everyone how it is done. Because you have been away for a little while I am going to give you a few pointers which you may ignore or employ as you see fit.

Very little needs to be altered for what you, others, and myself want to see, in fact it is VERY simple. Here is quoted text of what needs to be done by procedural policies in MO.

Take 21.750 in a word document, then in section 3 and turn the below reference into a "strike through" font. Doing so, upon passage, will make all open carry laws across the state Null and void.

3. or which regulates the open carrying of firearms readily capable of lethal use

By the way, you should present the entire revised 21.750 from start to finish, don't worry, it is not very long, perhaps not even a full page of paper, I just wanted to be sure it was clear as to only the part that needed to be changed. As a word document it is too big for this site's 19k limit and I have no clue as to how to do a strike through on this board.

Now get that to your legislator so we can see how it is done! By the way, I could suggest a few that will indeed do it in both the house and the senate but shoot, one of us has probably been mean to them so we had better not interfere so you can make it happen.

Now I gotta say, with eight kids I have no idea where you are going to find the time, that ain't a couple or a few, that is a HERD. (please see that as humor, I mean no insult to your family what so ever, I can't even imagine how you and your lovely wife do it). We had another guy here for a long time, Pete, he had a bundle of kids too over in KC, but he moved to AZ and does not post very much anymore, stand up guy though, 100% stand up.

Just kind of a quick evaluation, in MO, you need conservatives to get this passed, all three branches. It is not like the weed stuff where you want libtard, libtard, libtard branches. We have a few conservative Democrats that can and will help, but in general terms you are going to need republicans, tea party, and libraterains as while I said there are conservative democrats, there are some real libtards involved as well.

Now just to be clear, this is going to take a lot and since you likely have to put 2.5 chickens on the table to nourish the kids, I am willing to help you out. See, more than a few have referred to the problems as ego or control and that is not the case at all, though it does not appear you agree. Let me help you out with that and state that if you get that to committee and heard I will drive to JC the day of the hearing, testify "I fully support Mr Hartman and this legislation" and will hand you a check for 500 bucks to help cover your cost. Get it voted "Do pass" by that committee and onto the floor for a passing vote to go to the other half of the legislature, I will hand you a check for 1,000 bucks, get the other half of the house to send it to the Governor I will be there for that vote with another grand and if the gov signs it into law I will indeed be wherever the signing takes place and will indeed pay another 1000 bucks to cover the cost.

You can form a legal PAC if you so choose and the monies can go to them, or you can simply do it grass roots and the funds can be gifted directly to you, makes no difference to me.

I will not say another cross word to a soul including you on this or any other gun rights board so as not to interfere with your progress in any way. It has never been about ego, it never will be about ego, the only thing it has ever been about is getting something done. You can have 100% of the credit or give credit to anyone you want, I simply want to see the goal achieved for all people within MO.

Your goals have been defined and funded should you achieve them, time to step away or step up and get to work on the objectives you have to get r done!

Brent Hartman

LMTD,

I appreciate your post, and I'm sorry we got off on the wrong foot. While we may not agree on all things, we both agree on the RKBA. That's what this forum and this movement is all about. Inasmuch as we have common goals, I look forward to working with you to fulfill those goals.

While you might not be on board with the cannabis movement, many in that movement are also ardent supporters of the 2nd Amendment. We can find common ground with those in libertarian groups like the Liberty Restoration Project, End the Fed, Copblock, and those in the Ron Paul R3VOLUTION. I have activists friends in all these groups that support open carry in Missouri.

Yes, having 8 kids is a handful, but the skillset acquired in dealing with 2 year olds and countless dirty diapers comes in very handy when dealing with politicians. :)

I'll see you in Jeff City!

This going to be very interesting to see how this Johnny Come Lately is going to walk the halls in Jefferson City and put the fear of the Lord into those politicians while others have worked for years to get what little we have.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Well Brent, I think you have mistaken my position on weed. I could care less means just that, I do not care if you like to smoke weed or not, it is something I consider none of my business and it is something I consider none of the governments business, in fact that is my view on a lot of things. Peoples sexual behavior, drugs, food etc are none of my business and therefore should be none of the governments business.I hear about crazy crap like the Amish getting into trouble for selling milk that has not been processed lol, growing up on a dairy farm I did not know other than direct from the tit even existed. grandma scooped the cream off the top and grandpa put that in his coffee, we all drank the milk and when out, the gallon jar to the barn directly from the tank. Remarkably we all lived and I never wore a helmet riding a bike, layed in the rear window on the way to the lake etc etc.

I do not think weed should be illegal, however, it is and since it is and it can affect my life in a negative way I do not participate in its usage for say perhaps 25 years. I do not allow it around me as I do not want to be associated with it should police actions come as it IS illegal and I really want the police to stay away from me and leave me alone and have little problem telling them as much when I know everything I am doing is 100% legal. I also do not find the need to FIGHT for weed to be legal, there are indeed far more important things in my opinion and I grant others the same right to their opinion. If weed comes up for a vote I would ALWAYS vote to remove government intervention. Something about getting high, eating ho-ho's sitting around debating how "intense and deeply mind blowing" the Simpsons are ain't a priority for me, but you might have talked me into marching with you 30 years ago lol.

You want a much greater understanding of the political lay of the land, you need to PM me and we can chat but before you do, google is your friend. "target masters" is a good example of google terms to learn what a gun shop/range/ccw training business in MO can do for your rights, took two years to try and straighten out what those with the rectal cranial inversion managed to do to MO CCW law.